main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD Considering Episode 3 viewing for next Saturday....

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Kahlan72, Oct 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Alright, Kahlan, I'll bring a couple of pizzas, then. :) Super Supreme and Hawaiian sound good to everyone? And if crashing at your place is on offer, then I reckon I'll take you up on that and bring some beer along, too. If anyone wants to mooch off me, let me know what your poison is and I'll grab something for you and get the money off you later.

And Alastair, I'm sure I can manage to give you a lift if you want to go but have transportation difficulties.

2. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
  3. Jamesolo

Jamesolo Jedi Master star 2

Apr 27, 2005
    Honestly, I don't like it, nor do I like any other 307 for that matter... a lot based purely on looks. Honestly the 307's are a big step backwards from the 306's in my opinion, but then I?m a purist, and in the eyes of most who love Peugeot the 07 is a bit of a debacle. I?m pretty sure the cc only has 145 ponies under the bonnet. Apposed to something like a 306 gti6 or a 206 gti180 with 165 and 180hp respectively. All this said. I am a purist and there is no pug like a rwd pug :D My pugs are a 1972 504Ti and a 1975 504LTi. 2 litres of mechanically injected pug. I have put a 5 speed box in my Ti, as one day I would really love to do a Targa in this car. Believe it or not. These cars can really serve it up to the newer hot hatches and no lift-off oversteer :D. Anyhow sorry to hijack the thread.

4. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    I thought most purist pugs were front? (m&d and brother have 505s)

5. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    Just a warning for those staying.. LOL

My boy gets up anytime from 5am, for those wanting to sleep on the couch in the living room :)

Although we do have a rumpus downstairs you could stay in. I'll throw water at you through the screen in the morning when I'm ready to kick you out!

6. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
  7. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Okay, I've noticed your sad face boy.

stop sulking! LOL

Should we beg you to give up your party to come??

8. Grieyls

Dec 2, 2000
    Trust me, it's very tempting ;)

9. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Okay. consider you begged. If it helps LOL

Just say your Mum was sick! ;)

10. Jamesolo

Apr 27, 2005
    I'd say it's the other way around. All Peugeot's cars from the type-3 of 1890 right up untill the 505 of 1979-1995 were RWD. Peugeot's first FWD car was the 205 in 1983.

11. RoGuE_StreaK

RoGuE_StreaK Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 24, 2005
    Yeah, sorry, was thinking the 505 was front 'cause we'd always had front wheel drives, but now remember these were the first rear we'd had (obviously I haven't had much to do with them, one in Coffs, the other in Sydney)

12. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    So it's definitely cool to crash there, Kahlan? Because I'd definitely be up for enjoying a few drinks and taking you up on that offer. And ooh, choices choices... To be woekn up by the little tyke, or the throwing of water? *Ponders*

13. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Yeah..staying is fine! Just bring a sleeping bag or blanket/pillow or something. The Rumpus has about 3 couches, and lots of floor space. Just no-one sleeps in the Playstation Racing cockpit..or drinks my Midori from the Bar!! :)

Pool is also available if anyone'd rather swim than watch Star Wars! I haven't got my copy of Firefly at the moment, so if someone wants to bring that just in case we feel like watching something else.

Glad you guys are keen. I've watched all the extra features on the DVD but will resist the movie til Sat. night.

So anytime after 8 I guess is good. Movie to start around 9. :) See ya then.

14. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    I'll bring along Firefly... and a little something extra that might get some laughs.

15. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Cargs if it is the holiday special I will destroy it on sight.

James, how could I forget the mighty 206 GTI180! (But it so should be AWD).

See yas there.

16. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    cool.

And we stop discussing Peugots now????????????? :_|

17. General Cargin

May 15, 1999
    Goobs, I said funny... not vomit inducing.

Sha la la lala lalala
    Sha la la lala lalala
    Sha la la lala lalala
    Sha la la lala lalala

18. Jamesolo

Apr 27, 2005
    Thinks about not talking about pugs.........What about if we talk about renaults or just RWC cars? The gti180 would be a unthinkable if it was awd. But it follows the in the tradition of Hot Hatches being FWD. If you haven't seen it, I could make you a copy of "Climb Dance" Alternatively you could goto google video and search for "Climb Dance" or just clik here

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=2991678896068476162&q=peugeot

405 T16 AWD *DROOOOOOOOOOOOLS* This is considered to be a cult film in the RWC circles.

19. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
  20. General Cargin

May 15, 1999
    <--- is wondering if a lift from the closest train station can be bludged off a kind soul...

21. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Well..... I guess I get to do the first post after. :)

first of all...ewwwwww..head hurts, stomach feels yukky.

And who's idea was it to stay up til 5am watching Firefly???

Fun though. And glad I waited for you guys to watch EP 3 on the big screen!

Nice to hang out with new Forcer Brandon, and getting to know some of you better.

Interesting evening/night/morning all round! Was somewhat put off when Dan greeted me with. "oh God you look how I feel!" mm..time to go wash face methinks.

Anyway, should get some more sleep. HOpe you all had fun!

22. General Cargin

May 15, 1999
    I don't remember much after the Evil Angel introduced the absinthe... but I think I had fun...

23. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Yeah a good night, thanks all. I think we all now know how bad we are at singing the FireFly lyrics, but I guess we all sung it bad together. It's great to watch those episodes again but this time in a group, where the things you get from the show, other people are getting from the show.

Dan, you are a machine. And you pulled through, good stuff!

IC, let that be a lesson to you. Never shop at Coles again! (Hang on a minute....!) Oh, and this absinthe...how far over 50% alcohol was that again!
    Avocado flavoured chips...what next!

Thanks for hosting the night Kahlan, it looks like the next meet will have a tough benchmark! And good work you guys on the projector.

24. kahli

kahli Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2000
    If you call sinking 4 shots of absinthe with whiskey chasers, breaking into a sweat and trying to communicate by magnetic fridge letters, rolling around on the floor (with and without assistance) before passing out and only waking up to vomit, make obscure remarks and pass out again fun, then yeah!

25. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    Wish I hadn't had to work today so I could have gone too....

Although I did sit around last night planning characters for the Serenity role playing game....

Yes, I am a nerd.

Kithera

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.