main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

TOR considering getting this.

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by matt0812, Jan 4, 2012.

1. matt0812

matt0812 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 10, 2010
    I'm considering getting this, but two things are keeping me. How much space will this game take up and do the worlds feel populated even without players?. Appreciate answers ahead of time. (Oh yeah little side question: what's the Jawa population like on Tatooine ;) )

2. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005

As for space as in GB of Ram, that depends on what OS you are using. Most of the planets I've been on have been well populated, but that really depends on what server you're playing on. As for the jawa population on Tatooine, I would say it's a fair number of jawas, just look for the sandcrawlers they took after Czerka pulled out, and you'll find them. You even get a jawa as a companion if you are a bounty hunter.

3. matt0812

Jul 10, 2010
    Do NPC's make it feel populated even without players?.

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    It depends where you are.
    Dromund Kaas was pretty heavily populated in general but then it is the Sith Capital Planet. Balmorra is a big world with lots of NPC fighters and characters. Not been to most other places yet but I'm not disappointed with the level of population I've seen.

Why do you ask, are you planning on going to a server with a low population?

5. matt0812

Jul 10, 2010
    I would probably look for something in between. When I played Galaxies some of the Tatooine cities lacked actual players and with how small the NPC population was, it made the place look dead. I'm not trying to be negative on this, just with the price of the game and the subscription price I want to make sure I'm not going to just give my cash away. I thought about waiting like I did with Galaxies for the price to go down, but I ended up doing more catching up than working along side other players.