main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Console talk (UK)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by orn-free-tada, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    i got permission for this thread by Darth_ Asabrush ...

Seeing as us BRITs don't get games until after the Japs and americans, i created this thread for us brits to talk about games or consoles in the time as we get them.. just us lot.

ill start.

i own a nintendo GameCube and i own" starwars rouge leader"" super smash bros melee" and today i bought "super Mario sunshine" and what a game it is!!

im looking forward to "Die hard vendetta"..

talk about anythign you want to do with consoles.

enjoy :)

2. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    In still only have my N64. A cracking console I think, E1 podracer is a great game for example. :)

3. Charis

Charis Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 29, 2002
    Got an X-box - games Obi Wan, Halo, Spiderman, Munch's Odyssey, Jedi Starfighter, SSX Tricky, Jet Set Radio Future and Buffy.

Looking forward to Jedi Knight II on the X-box.

4. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    i Had "spiderman- the movie" but i completed it in 5 days.. its a lot of fun but too easy.

so i used it as part payment for Mario.

ps: "PERFECT DARK" is the best 64 game ever. i owned a 64 then got gamecube.
    its quite upsetting that PD II wont be on nintendo now..

microsoft bought rare.

5. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    I've not even started Spiderman yet. Obi Wan was too easy, even for me and I'm not really a game fan, unlike my husband who must have sore thumbs most days :)

6. darth-dom

May 19, 2000
    Agreed orn-free-tada, Perfect Dark is teriffic. It's actually got a good story to it too. I'm tempted to get a Gamecube, very tempted indeed.

7. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I'm thinking of getting a GameCube with the view in mind of getting all the Star wars games and one or two others. The only problem is time and money, I have little of both.

8. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    darth_dom just warning ya that perfect dark 2 wont be on gamecube. nintendo give them away and microsoft bought them.pd 2 WILL be released for x box.

i dont mind that much if perfect dark wasn't invented, i couldn't care less. but they did and life goes on.

9. darth-dom

May 19, 2000
    I didn't even know there was going to be a sequel. But they're not making any more N64 games now, that's why I'm considering a Gamecube. But as Tice said, time and money are the issue for me.

10. DarthTerrious

DarthTerrious Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 16, 2001
    There's no console like the PS2 :D

GTA3, Jedi Starfighter, FIFA 2002, MGS2, LMA 2002 are just the a few I've got.

Can't wait for the Clone Wars game coming soon as Anakin would say "Yippee!" ;) :D

11. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Best console game ever was Snatcher ;)

I'm thinking of getting a Gamecube just to play that new Disney game - its supposed to be amazing!

M

12. Burton

Burton Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2002
    gamecube owner here also
    i was very dissapointed in whats out so far for it,i was thinking about selling it cos i never play on it, i completed rogue leader in 1 week gold medals and everything.
    will probably buy ep 2 in nov ,maybe die hard,mario and star fox, zeldas not out til ages
    didnt like resident evil.

13. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    Mostly I use my PS2 for my DVDs anyway.
    I play the games sometimes but once I've completed them I dont go back to them.

14. MRA

MRA Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 20, 2002
    I have a PS1 and N64, but I want to get a new console but which one?

GameCube is basically a no - PD2 is gone, and the new Zelda graphics look turd (imho)

XBox - Halo, but hard to control. Now has Rare - sounds good. Plus I'd like to look at Knights Of The Old Republic

PS2 - Can play my old PS1 games (but with new games, might not). Has Metal Gear 2, GTA 3 and Vice City, plays DVD out of the box (but I already have DVD player). But its the oldest an weakest in terms of raw power. Still, I will most likely get this. Is this a good choice?

15. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    I'm thinking of getting a Gamecube just to play that new Disney game - its supposed to be amazing!

your kiddin arnt ya?

it got a 4/10 in teh nintendo official mag(uk)

at christmas im gonna get "bounty hunter" and "clone wars". and die hard in nov( but ive already said that)

. i'm not afraid to say that the PS2 and X-BOX are great consoles. they all are imo but nintendo have always done it for me.

16. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    Oooh, I was looking at an article about Star Wars Galaxies for the X-box and this is just blown my head. I can't take it in at all - the whole concept is huge and if it works out as planned it will be incredible.

An entire online RPG game covering what is supposed to be a really wide span of planets, characters etc. and you get to choose an entire SW life of your own making.

17. MRA

Feb 20, 2002
    Galaxies on XBox? I am behind on news - I thought that was just out on PC. Is it exclusive to XBox or is it on PC as well?

18. DarthTerrious

May 16, 2001
    Galaxies was originally just for the PC.

Now the Xboxand PS2 are getting it. :D

Can't wait to get that for PS2.

Clone wars and bounty hunter will be wicked :)

19. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    I read a review in Game Informer that rated it highly.

I fancy the look of "Animal Crossing" - people have been saying its totally addictive

M

20. Charis

Jun 29, 2002
    It's exclusive to the X-box - at least the live component will be.

21. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    I'm also a Cube owner. I would like to take the time to say resident evil kicks ass, and so does rogue leader. apart from that, ive got SS melee (GREAT!), Bloody Roar Primal fury (suprisingly good) and luigis mansion (craptacular)

Oh yea, its not Perfect dark 2 thats coming out for the Egg box, its Perfect Dark 0. and i beilve its cell shaded (basicly like the crap graphics on Zelda for the Cube) allthough she does look like a good anime character.

oh yea, ive got an N64, NES, SNES, and a Gameboy advance. In my opinion, the star wars SNES titles were the best by far! i played done of them last week.

22. MayhemUK

MayhemUK Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 20, 2001
    Sadly Animal Crossing may not get a release on PAL... depends on how well Doshin does.

I've been importing for 10 years, so no such worries for me, being playing the US version for 12 days now. Very nice.

Likewise Starfox is a great swansong for Rare on a Nintendo console. Well worth the money for that one too...

Zelda (or Celda as some people have dubbed it) is gonna be a blast. Have you actually SEEN the game move, play, work, and interact with it all? No? I have... to dismiss it for crap graphics will have you missing a great game once again...

23. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    I have a PS1, N64, SNES, NES, Gameboy Advance, and now a Dreamcast. I have a SNES emulator on the PC as well.

I don't really like the Next-Gen consoles. The games aren't really of the same 'gameplay' calibre of the old SNES titles IMHO. ;)

24. MRA

Feb 20, 2002
    I agree. Look at the Playstation - they have rereleased Final Fantasy 4, 5 & 6 and believe Chrono Cross has been in Japan. And there must be more (oh yeah - mario world now on GBA etc). Old games were original and had the best ideas. Sequals seem to be more of the same, but lack the surprises of the original.

25. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    I have the Gamecube and the Playstation 2. I agree with Fall-on-Jin that Resi Evil for the Gamecude is absolutely fabulous- i jumped quite alot. The sprinting zombies- :eek: ! Though disapponted at the ease of the ending. Looking forward to Resi Evil Zero- the first Starrs team to go into the mansion. Rogue Leader for the GC is very good but lost my attention very quickly. I'm a Resi Evil type and footie game person. My fave game of all time are the Pro Evolution Soccer games for the PS2- for the sheer realism of the game- fantastic. Not like the easy FIFA games- which look nice but are soooo easy and boring.
    Got Medal of Honour on the PS2 and found it hard to control- or maybe its just me. But i seen it on the PC and it looked fantastic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.