main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Console talk (UK)

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by orn-free-tada, Oct 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. orn-free-tada

orn-free-tada Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2001
    I'm one of those who are dying to get their hands on Mario KART DD!! and Rebel strike...~

also, i lent out Mario PArty 4 for gamecube.

I loved the first three and 4 is decent just like teh others

2. Moylesy

Moylesy Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 4, 2001
    Judging by the amount of praise that the Gamecube gets I'm suprised that it's always supposed to be suffering from "dwindling sales". Don't people realise quality when they see it?

3. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    I couldn't of said it better myself Moylesy.

4. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    I didn't realise that.
    i don't know about this counrty but in America ( i know who cares) it sold twice as many as X-box ( OR PS2 i get mixed but ) and Sold more than PS2 ( or X-BOX i get mixed up)

5. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Has anyone bothered getting The Emperors Tomb? Is it worth getting?

6. Az-Azzameen

Az-Azzameen Jedi Knight star 5

May 24, 2002
    Dunno. Don't buy those sort of games for the PC, and no-one has an XBox. PS2 version comes out in mid June so I'll know then. Looks liek Tomb Raider but with a male lead and Nazis. [face_plain]

7. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    Dos anyone have Enter the Matrix on GC, I'm thinking of buying it but I'm not sure if its any good. I was going to rent it but they had all gone at Blockbuster. :(

8. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    The PS2 version is good (i assume they're the same). the controls take a while to get accustomed to, but it's fun while you're learning. the bullet time mode is very faithful to the film and you can do moves like run and flip in slow motion off a wall. if you like the film i think you'll like the game. the concept of how it ties into Reloaded with scenes from the actors etc is cool but alot more could be done with it

9. orn-free-tada

Aug 11, 2001
    "Dos anyone have Enter the Matrix on GC, I'm thinking of buying it but I'm not sure if its any good. I was going to rent it but they had all gone at Blockbuster.
    "

Definatly Rent it.

i was gonna get it but then thought " nah ill rent it" good job too.... i completed it in Two Days..( actulallly 6 hours)

The games not even challenging.

10. TK_Four_Two_One

TK_Four_Two_One Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2002
    anyone got Silent Hill 3? and is it worth buying?

11. MasterChapRimera

MasterChapRimera Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 12, 2002
    I was playing the matrix last night while slightly drunk and seemed to be kicking ass in slow motion. I think I will take your advice and rent it out. I want to watch all this extra footage stuff.

12. CGI-BOBAFENT

CGI-BOBAFENT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    A game I'm really looking forward to is Ninja Turtles -check the vid at NINJATURTLES.COM

13. MrDankDonk

MrDankDonk Jedi Master star 4

Mar 28, 2001
    GameCube rools

Rogue Leader !
    Jedi Outcast !!
    Metroid Prime !!!
    ZELDA !!!!

14. Moylesy

Jul 4, 2001
    Quick question for Az; When you say that you have completed Zelda, do you really mean completed (as in Full Nintendo Gallery, all side tasks, etc) or just plain completed as quickly as possible?

15. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    Sod that. I just finshed the main quest (done most of the side-quests though) - not sure how many extra heart containers I got in the end.

I'm half way through it again, although I can't finish it completely with the Gallery, because I forgot to take a snap of Ganon with the deluxe Pictograph the first time round. :(

16. MasterChapRimera

Mar 12, 2002
    You dont need to take his photo. You can buy it off the photograph dude.

The main quest in Wind Waker is really short. The only thing that makes it long is sailing round getting all your map sorted. Cool ending though.

Ocarina of time is much better anyway. I have been playing it for far too long this week.

17. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    I thought it was poor ending - and most of it had already been revealed. [face_plain]

I was also hoping for some little games (like the fishing one). The games they did have; like the Birdman, Cannon, and Squid Hunter were lame. :(

The final wormy boss before Ganon was awful. A right git.

18. Moylesy

Jul 4, 2001
    Captain Tetra = Princess Zelda :eek:

19. Az-Azzameen

May 24, 2002
    Hmm... how L.A.M.E. was that. :p

Not as lame as the Poe boss though! [face_laugh]

20. MasterChapRimera

Mar 12, 2002
    Well the Tetra being Zelda was obvious but then that got revealed pretty early on. The king flooding Hyrule while Ganondorf was trying to bring it back was interesting though.

The last boss with Ganondorf was excellent too. Swordfighting instead of all this weakspot malarky is muchos coolos.

21. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    I know you are all saying Enter the Matrix is easy but have you tried it on hard mode, I haven't tried it on hard mode myself but it should be harder. Like the clone wars everyone comletes it the first night on padawan and don't bother with it again. I still can't do the last level on jedi knight. :(

22. Darth Scourge

Darth Scourge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 4, 2000
    Pay no heed to the industry rumors predicting the demise of the Cube. It's a great machine, and with cool titles coming out like Rebel Strike, the new MGS and Biohazard 4, it'll be around for a good while yet.

23. JONJEDI

Nov 11, 2002
    I don't know why people under estimate the cube, in March sales topped PS2 and X-box, I mean it just has so many quality games like Mario, Zelda, Metroid Prime, Super Monkey ball and so much more with things coming like Resident Evil 4, Mario kart & Rebel Strike. Nintendo rules. :D

24. Prince_Charles

Prince_Charles Jedi Youngling

May 30, 2003
    Ummmm....... NOPE! My ma rules.

25. Moylesy

Jul 4, 2001
    Well the Tetra being Zelda was obvious but then that got revealed pretty early on.

Speak for yourself, I rate that alongside;

"No...I am your father". :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.