main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Console War for everyone! Come on in and enjoy the spiteful fanboy arguments!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by BarbarianKing, May 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I think the last game i will get for my Cube will be Zelda. Then I'll probably buy a PS2 or something but i wont sell my cube cos there are some quality games on there. But there are also a lot of cool games on other platforms that i want to play but can't

2. DarkSithDrew

DarkSithDrew Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2004
    ROTS not for cube....

I think its because the cube can't support harcore graphics.

I mean I have a gamecube but I think, it just the little train who couldn't.

3. SkyeLightrider

SkyeLightrider Jedi Knight star 6

Jan 12, 2003
    DarkSithDrew posted on 5/6/05 5:35pm
    ROTS not for cube....

I think its because the cube can't support harcore graphics.

I mean I have a gamecube but I think, it just the little train who couldn't.

[hr][/blockquote]

Besides the fact there are plenty of games for all three systems that look like crap on the PS2 but great on the GCN?

Great graphics Games:
    Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles
    The Metroid Prime series
    The Pikmin series.
    Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
    Tales of Symphonia.
    The New Legend of Zelda
    Resident Evil IV

The Gamecube technologically is superior to the PS2 in ALL counts. Believe it or not, the GCN is comparable to the X-Box in graphical capability.

Don't knock the little system. It's capable of handling anything the competition dishes out. The problem is no one makes games for the GCN anymore except Nintendo itself.

4. BarbarianKing

BarbarianKing Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    If you ask me, the graphics on the GC look better than the PS2 or XBOX, it just looks a little more smooth and natural on the GC.

5. Zenek

Zenek Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 1, 2003
    GC's graphics definately kick the krap out of the PS2's...and I'd say are atleast on par with the X-BOX. I'm only jealous that PS2 owners get Soul Calibur 3 and I don't... :(

6. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    It goes Xbox ======> Gamecube ========> PS2. It's pretty much general knowledge that the Cubes graphical ability is below the Xbox. One of it's shortcomings is the Cube lack of RAM. Take Metroid Prime and fire it up, now walk up to any surface and look at the textures. They pale in comparison to games like Halo and Ridick. Or walk Samus up to a wall, charge up your canon and fire, notices the clunky pixels that show up. Or look at how Splinter Cells graphics had to be downgraded when it got ported to the Cube. The graphical difference isn't as huge as with the PS2, but it is still noticeable.

7. LordSilvertouch

LordSilvertouch Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2003
    The PS2 is comfortably the weakest console. Graphically, X-Box and GC are on a similar ground. It's hard to say who's better really, but the X-Box has a hard drive and plays DVD's. Nuff said. :(

8. Sokan

Sokan Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    it dont matter PC is the strongest so ROTS should be for PC. Yea and I do agree xbox is stronger,... but not better. Once ps3 comes out its hardware will be 10x stronger than xbox 360 and next-gen nintendo combined. I mean ps3 was in develepment before xbox came out, a lot of work went into it.

9. LordSilvertouch

Apr 19, 2003
    I am comfortable that the PS3 will be the weakest next gen console.

10. Sokan

Sokan Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    weakest?you need to read up on the specs.

11. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2001
    >>>Once ps3 comes out its hardware will be 10x stronger than xbox 360 and next-gen nintendo combined.<<<

Lol, what have you been smoking. The PS3 comes out six months after Xbox360. The differences in tech wont even be twice as powerful as the Xbox360 let alone 10x more powerful then the 360 and the Revolution combined. [face_laugh] The Rev by the way being released a short time after the PS3. This next gen the graphics on all three consoles will be pretty close. You wont see a huge difference between them.

12. Sokan

Sokan Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2005
    I dont just mean graphics...I mean overall power.

13. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2001
    I dont just mean graphics...I mean overall power.

Please enlighten us. How is the PS3 going to have 10x the overall power that the Xbox 360 and the Revolution combined.

14. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    like...as in which, if redesigned (ala the Gameboy bomber) would prove to be the most effective bomb?

15. LordSilvertouch

Apr 19, 2003
    We're getting to the point where "power" whatever that means, is not enough. We need some serious out of the box thinking... which is where Nintendo live. So at least they're going to be doing something right.

16. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Dec 7, 2001
    Yeah, like give us more Mario and Zelda games....... Mario Party 12 is going to rock!

17. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    GC's graphics definately kick the krap out of the PS2's...and I'd say are atleast on par with the X-BOX. I'm only jealous that PS2 owners get Soul Calibur 3 and I don't...

Which really doesn't make sense to me considering that the GC version of SC2 outsold both the X-Box and PS2 version.

18. BarbarianKing

BarbarianKing Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 7, 2005
    I got the Ep3 game, played the first level and then turned it off. Don't wanna ruin the movie. ;)

19. TIEIntercepter

TIEIntercepter Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 20, 2004
    PC RULES!!!!!!!!!!! LOL this is so lame

20. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Love the title change.

[favored console] is clearly superior because it [favored console's merits] and [competing console] [competing console's faults]. [subjective opinion with little factual basis regarding competing console]. Obviously, [sweeping generalization regarding the sanity/intelligence of competing console's supporters], and they don't realize that [reference to the competing console's parent corporation, preferably with corrupt dealings]. [praise of favored console's hardware, citing technical capabilities], but [insult regarding the appearance of competing console, with no mention of technical capabilities other than the lowest possible specs]. [competing console] has [crappiest games in competing console's library, preferably multiplatform games for a touch of delightful irony], while [favored console] has [best games in favored console's library, again with the multiplatform irony]. [highly acclaimed developer/designer who works closely with favored company] obviously likes it, and who's supporting [competing console] but [unqualified celebrity, preferably one who gamers generally hate] so [sarcastic remark]. [idiotic comparison of controller designs, with phrases like "I have big hands, so..." or "the 'start' button should be there"]. [names genres of which favored console has an abundance, but conveniently forgets the genres it lacks], [opinion favoring certain genres over others, not realizing that people actually have different opinions]. [a closing insult involving the mothers of competing console supporters], [proclamation of victory].

Oh, and here's the PC'er version:

[boast regarding the technical capablities of his high-end, absurdly expensive PC]. [praise of PC games' graphics(Doom 3 is a required mention), somehow forgetting that even most modern PC games don't come close to these high-end monsters]. [arrogantly asserts that console games are inferior because of their graphics], [insult regarding the mothers of console owners]. [proclamation of pwnage].*

*insert religious praise of the mouse-and-keyboard controls wherever necessary.

21. ShaakTi

ShaakTi Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 4, 2004
    I got a Gamecube shortly after launch, with Rogue Leader, loved it, got Star Fox Adventures, loved it, got Animal Crossing, considered it one of my favorite games ever, got PSO, loved it, then came FF Crystal Chronicles, that game seriously stinks, and it seems GCN has been going downhill since. Something I also dislike about Gamecube is....basically NO online support at all, to me that what sets XBox above Gamecube, granted I don't like first person shooters, but games like KOTOR, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Morrowind, and tons of others are what makes XBox better in my book. Also Gamecubes kiddy graphics turned me off too, after GCN I swore never to buy another Nintendo made system, and so far i'm going strong, although I do have an urge to get a DS.

22. MariahJSkywalker

MariahJSkywalker Poopoo Head star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2005
    I only bought Nintendo consoles until the GC came out, it's games selection and the fact there's no online games except PSO. I debated rather to get a PS2 or a Xbox. I choose the Xbox because it's games selesction and it's online features are way better than PS2's.

23. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Anyway, I still think "Xbox 360" is a lameass name. Xenon was cooler. The main problem I have with the name is that if you turn 360 degrees, you end up facing the same way.

"What is this, Benedict? First you're my friend; now you turn a...360 on me!"

"180, you stupid, spaghetti-slurping cretin -- *180*! If I did a 360, I'd go completely around and end up back where I started!"

Whether Xbox 2 or PS3, I wasn't planning on buying either one at launch, no matter how cheap. Every other quarter since last summer, there's a new game "pushing the console to its limit," even with the "weak" PS2. I'm still enjoying the current generation, and there are at least five games that I'd buy right now if I found the time to play them.

Are console sales even plateauing yet?

The funniest thing about all this? Perfect Dark Zero is NOW supposed to appear on Xbox 360. I think I made a joke a couple of years back about that game being released in 2008, and that might end up becoming true.

I used to like Rare, too.

24. pat-fett

pat-fett Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 17, 2001
    My CONSOLE can beat your console up,eat it,rape it, then leave it feeling unloved.

25. Addiction

Addiction Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2005
    Cube rocks i have em all nuff said.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.