main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Conspiracies, snubs, plots, snobbery and other sinister mechinations against George Lucas!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by Obi-wan_Armani, Sep 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-wan_Armani

Obi-wan_Armani Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2003
    Prequels fans, why isnt Star Wars being given special treatment?

There can only be one reason::

A secret resentment harboured towards George Lucas and his films!

Awards bodies and film festivals such as Cannes and the Oscars have refused to shower the Lucas' movies with awards and praise. Lucas has repeatedly chosen to work outside Hollywood, instead filming in locations such as Australia, Italy, England, or North Africa. Is Hollywood therefore deliberately snubbing him, denying him awards and acclaim?

Critics have slandered the prequels, accusing them of having poor dialogue, flat characters, and wooden acting. Is this because they are perplexed and frustrated by Lucas' popularity, and are criticisng him out of sheer spite?

Harry Knowles criticised Star Wars, and lauded Lord of the Rings instead. Surely he has been bought off with free trips to see Peter Jackson at work in New Zealand?

And it seems a lot of the public would rather watch something else. So easily swayed, haven't they obviously been fooled into anti-Lucas snobbery?

Here, at last, is a forum devoted to discussing all the forces that have conspired against George Lucas and Star Wars!

Dagsy edit (proxy for Quix): This thread is off-topic for this forum, and being posted in multiple forums makes it spam. If you have issues with this, please contact Quixotic-Sith

2. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    There is no conspiracy. Harry Knowles liked The Phantom Menace and gave Attack of the Clones an A.

Opinions simply vary. I cannot understand why some people dislike the prequels so much, but that is their opinion. And Star Wars is not as universally hated as people think. It still has a huge fan base. There are still millions who love it.

3. QUEEN_LEIA

QUEEN_LEIA Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Woooo my friend,calm down.

You are reading too deep into this whole SW and Luca$ thing.The prequels have more flaws than the OT so of course people are going to be critical about them.The only thing I think Luca$ deserves an award in is FX.His directing skills and dialogue writing have all but diminish so of course he not going to get praise in that department.

Theone saving grace here is that Luca$ has one LAST chance to prove himself and silence all the naysayer.Let's just hope he can do I got my fingers crossed.

4. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    (1) No reason to post this in two forums.
    (2) I responded to you in the TPM forum. Read it there. Have fun.

Rick McCallum loves you!

5. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002
  6. Chancellor_Palpster

Chancellor_Palpster Jedi Youngling star 2

May 12, 2003
    I remember there was a lot of similar complaints about this around the time of last Oscars...I did a lot of the complaining! lol. But hey, we can always use more.

I think the academy and other critics are not able to look beneath what they see and come to appreciated its deeper meanings and more complex subtexts. They figure it's just a silly kids movie, and all the blinking lights and ridiculous aliens and spacecrafts is only flat imagery used to entertain those with only the basest sense of amusement.

They're stupid; what more can I say?

They simply don't understand what it takes to create a story of this complexity and of such richness of themes.

They don't understand the fact that this is the first REAL modern tragedy we've ever seen on the big screen.

They don't see that Star Wars is the first movie to use special and digital visual effects to TELL a story, rather than to be the story.

They don't see that it tills new soil and sows the seeds of technological advancements in film-making.

They don't understand that it reaches so many people, of so many ages and backgrounds.

They don't GET that it's a completley unique sort of film for this time- a Romantic revival of the old serial films (not romantic as in lovey dovey, but as in grandness and richness).

Hell, I'm surprised they see their hand in front of their face.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.