main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Conspiracy Theories

Discussion in 'Archive: The Senate Floor' started by DK_Force85, May 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Geist

Darth Geist Jedi Master star 5

Oct 23, 1999
    Online polls are no evidence of anything, BlueJedi. According to the Internet, the most beautiful person in the world is Hank the Angry Drunken Dwarf.

2. Tatooine_native

Tatooine_native Jedi Master star 1

Sep 6, 2003
    I saw that documentary too (I saw it a few weeks ago, assuming it's the same one). I think you're right about the Bush hatred fueling the conspiracy theorists. My sister hangs out with a very anti-Bush crowd (before she met her current friends, she really didn't care much for politics) and I believe that made her somewhat vulnerable when she came across the 9/11 conspiracies. She used to believe all the conspiracies (pretty much everything mentioned in that documentary), but now she says she's changed her mind and only has questions about WTC 7.

The documentary also said that the DVD "Loose Change" - which was made widely available on the web - was a big reason for the surge in conpiracy supporters. However, the makers of that film are editing a third version of their film, removing the theories they feel have been disproven. I believe it was the cell phone calls on Flight 93 they're no longer going to mention. For me personally, that particular point (that the government faked the cell phone calls from family members on Flight 93) is really upsetting.

3. jamesdrax

jamesdrax Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2000
    Hey, I used to be a Bush fan. But at this point, there are many 9/11 conspiracy "theories" that I'm quite convinced of, but I wouldn't point the finger directly at Bush himself, but those behind the curtain and the international bankers who run the show with ridiculously large sums of money are worth an investigation. You do find some fishy things going on if you follow the money trail.

I do have friends though who like running about yelling "zomg!! teh buhs woz behind 11\9!!!11!!"

ForgottennJedi1986 likes this.
  4. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005

The only thing I find fishy are unsubstantiated vague claims with no basis in reality. [face_plain]

International bankers decided to destroy part of the largest international banking and finance center? :rolleyes:

(BTW, posting links to online polls should be against Senate Rules)

5. Darth Geist

Oct 23, 1999
    Well, yeah, but that was after they uploaded all the WTC's data into their Death Star of David.

(On an unrelated note: Now that the international bankers are on board, just how many thousands of conspirators are we up to, and why has no one ever heard from any of them?)

6. Espaldapalabras

Espaldapalabras Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2005
    pft... They were all KILLED! Duh. You must be one of them.

7. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    Didn't you know? All the people advancing conspiracy theories are PART of the conspiracy! Do you think the people in charge would let the REAL conspiracy online? Of course not! It's all a smoke screen! I'll probably be killed for saying even this much...

8. BenduHopkins

BenduHopkins Jedi Master star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I doubt anyone has ever conspired. Especially powerful people. Especially American power. They are noble and brave and all that is good. Presidents and governments of the US have never conspired. That is anti-American thinking and you should leave.

9. Blue_Jedi33

Blue_Jedi33 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 12, 2003
    This "The Lone Gunman" Episode ran on March 4, 2001.[face_thinking]
    It virtually predicted 9/11 only a few months before it happened.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIZ205ccX8M&mode=related&search=
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQyYuWXp3E8 Longer Version

10. Master_SweetPea

Master_SweetPea Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    lots of things have been predicted.
    someone wrote a short story about the Titan, the largest and unsinkable cruise ship that sank on it's first voyage, long before the Titanic.
    Someone wrote a Story a bout a Ted McVeigh commiting domestic terror attacks long before Tim McVeigh.
    Someone said that Pearl Harbor would be bombed and the ships stuck in the Harbor, and it happened.

Sometimes fiction is so well thought out that it just has to come true.

11. Darth Geist

Oct 23, 1999
    I wrote a SW fanfic about a galactic terrorist and whether or not the Senate should declare war against one man.

On September 10th, 2001.

My bad.

12. Lowbacca_1977

Lowbacca_1977 Chosen One star 7

Jun 28, 2006
    What's that supposed to represent? That the Lone Gunman planned 9/11?

13. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    BlueJedi33, don't forget that the WTC was also attacked in '93. The likelihood of a fiction writer taking that one step further by having an larger attack, ala The Lone Gunmen, is thus highly probable.

So the episode actually followed history. It didn't precede it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.