main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Conspiracy Theory] "And then, Anakin was gone..."

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Thrawn McEwok, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Hang on just a dang minute!

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

Right... I've never bothered to hide the fact that I'm on the "don't trust the chicken" side of fandom... but let's just take this further... was there anyone aboard the worldship at Myrkrr who was capable of overpowering a powerful Jedi and making said Jedi disappear - both physically and in the Force - even producing a 'corpse' out of thin air?

Well, yes, to put it bluntly... we know Vergere can do all except the last, and even that's not so impossible... so just maybe the two dubious-feeling 'main character deaths' in the NJO aren't exactly unconnected...

Oh, and I've just remembered. She was first on the scene. Anakin 'is gone'... and then Vergere appears, carrying Anakin's lightsaber...

- The Imperial Ewok
    --
    Shameless plug for idle fanfic

2. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Anakin Returns theories. Prepare to be ridiculed. :)

Good points, by the way.

JMA

3. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    Ooohm, not a bad point. I approve.

-Paul

4. Gotterdammerung

Gotterdammerung Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Usually I side with those in favor of Anakin staying dead, but I really can't argue with that.

Excellent points.

5. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Oh, plus the healing tears, if I am allowed to add.

Good point, good point. She can make people appear dead, can heal big wounds...

6. --Corran_Horn--

--Corran_Horn-- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Maybe vergere could do it, so your point is IMHO not flawed. However, I pray to the literature gods that they leave him dead, all we need is another "ST3: Search For Spock"...

7. Knight1192

Knight1192 Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 5, 2000
    Watch your back, the folks who don't want Anakin to return are probably gonna get you for this one.

The only problem I can detect is Leia sensing Anakin's "death" when she sensed Jacen was still alive after Vergere temporarily blinded him to the Force. However, the answer may be as simple as the amount of Force Anakin was using at the time. He was practically the Force in human form, able to be detected all over the galaxy by Jedi, Dark Jedi, and Force-sensitives with ease. Then his Force-presence suddenly vanished when he could no longer hold onto that power, leaving a sudden emptiness that may have been interperted as his death.

8. Kyp

Kyp Jedi Master star 4

Feb 27, 2003
    please no, Vergere has already been made too much of a super-jedi

9. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Corpse creation is too far fetched for me. I mean, his own relatives couldnt tell the difference, so we are talking EXACT replication. And there is no way there was time for that.

10. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    And there is no way there was time for that.

Are you an expert on Vong biotechnology then? ;)

JMA

11. A-WingsRule

A-WingsRule Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Yay! Grinder's coming back!

12. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
  13. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Healing tears are another good point to throw into the mix... and the contrast makes sense, too... Jacen was in 'neutral' and then simply 'switched off' to the normal channels, but remained physically where he was... Anakin was blazing in the Force... and (assuming he didn't just die) he was probably physically 'removed' from the normal current of reality, and perhaps thrown into a state very near death... he may even have gone most of the way through 'dying'...

The origins of the 'corpse' are the only thing that isn't covered... where was it going, what were they doing with it, what does it have to do with Tahiri's dream, and - if it wasn't really Anakin - how did either Vergere or the Vong produce it?

But the real question is - if this loopy line of logic is right - what were Vergere's motives, and where is Anakin now?

Just for fun... what if they're hiding him in plain sight...

What if Anakin is... Supreme Overlord Shimrra!

:p

- The Imperial Ewok

14. TahiriSoloFan

TahiriSoloFan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2003
    I find this idea fascinating. Could the repeated references to the fact that the corpse didn't really look like Anakin work into this? Perhaps some variation of a masquer and the combination of Vergere's obviously overtime mental control of the strike team? She had convinced them several times to do what she wanted at that point already and as far as her motives, I'm not sure we'll figure them out until the end of the series, and maybe not even then. She definitely an enigma!

15. JediFreac

Mar 7, 2002
    Well, as far as I'm concerned, it seems a lot more likely that vergere is alive than anakin. I mean, even with all of this evidence, they did have a weenie roast over his body.

16. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Jedi_Knight_Seifer Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2003
    Personally I hope that Anakin is alive. He is my favorite character in the NJO series. Although Jacen is starting to get cool now. When I read Star by Star i was angry that they 'killed' Anakin. It was a spectacular way Troy Denning wrote his death. I loved and hated it at the same time. Some of the theories here are very interesting.

17. jhc36

jhc36 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 19, 2003
    just another example of people grasping for straws...

18. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    Anakin's dead!! Get over it everyone

19. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    If your favorite character ended up dead wouldn't you want them to come back? Granted Denning killed Anakin to help with the story line, and it did. It has made the NJO storyline become very realistic and more life like. That doesn't mean that I can't be disappointed that he is dead.

20. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    If your favorite character ended up dead wouldn't you want them to come back?

Nope, I only hope that when Kyp (inevitably) goes, he gets a death as good as Anakin's.

21. JediFreac

Mar 7, 2002
    i liked darth vader, but i don't want the books to bring him back

22. Jedi_Knight_Seifer

Feb 24, 2003
    Books could always bring Vader back as long as they take place when he was alive. The same could go for Anakin as well.

23. Corran

Corran Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    First you tell me Anakin is dead and then you tell me DV is dead

This is a shock :D

Well i hope Anakin stays dead. It was to well written and they burned his body. His parents and friends would have known if it was another body they got back.
    When i was reading about anakins death i felt a loss and had i was naging about it to my girlfriend for weeks:)
    His death was to good to be false. It will ruin one of the best moment in the NJO for me

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Corpse creation is too far fetched for me.

Me, too.

If your favorite character ended up dead wouldn't you want them to come back?

Yeah, I want Darth Vader to return from the dead! :_|

-Evan

25. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    I find this idea fascinating. Could the repeated references to the fact that the corpse didn't really look like Anakin work into this? Perhaps some variation of a masquer

yes, and lets not forget that when anakin died nom anor was in the shapers grashal wearing a masquer to look like a "sandy haired young jedi".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.