main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Conspiracy Theory] "And then, Anakin was gone..."

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Thrawn McEwok, Jun 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediFreac

JediFreac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    young man...

what, are you saying that nom anor=wurth skidder?

2. YodaKenobi

YodaKenobi Former TFN Books Staff star 6 VIP

May 27, 2003
    no, I'm saying nom anor was wearing a masquer. Denning described him as looking like a "sandy haired young jedi" (I beleive, if someone wants to look up the quote). Anakin calls him an "imposter".

What other jedi is often described as having sandy hair?

3. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Any Jedi with dark blonde or ginger hair colour? ;)

4. Thrawn McEwok

Thrawn McEwok Co-Author: Essential Guide to Warfare star 6 VIP

May 9, 2000
    Just to raise new heights of ludicrousness... disembodied brain? I mean, Shimrra's body's clearly mostly engineering anyway...

The Supreme Overlord we saw (vaguely and briefly) in Rebirth could have been the Potentialist Jedi who was supposed to have died on Zonama Sekot... they could have 'swapped him out' for the vastly more powerful Anakin...

[face_mischief] :p

Just to remind me - exactly what was said about the body (IIRC, it was described as having stuff 'missing' in Dark Journey)... and what happened to Anakin's lightsaber?

- The Imperial Ewok

5. JediFreac

Mar 7, 2002
    Anakin did not have sandy hair.

The only Jedi described with sandy hair are Wurth Skidder and Luke

6. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    Anakin did not have sandy hair.

The only Jedi described with sandy hair are Wurth Skidder and Luke

[face_shocked] really? read page 159 of star by star (paperback version, if you've got the hardcover, it will be on the first couple pages of chapter 8). He's described as having sandy-brown tousled hair. I'm fairly sure he is described this way in other books aswell, including dark journey.

The imposter is described as a "sandy-haired human".

7. Jek_Windu

Jek_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 26, 2003
    Uh...look at your icon, Anakin has dark brown hair like Leia. Then again, in BP and Conquest, Anakin is said to look like Luke, but in SbS, he supposed to be a clone of Han.

8. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    brown hair can be sandy.

definition of sandy hair- 3: of hair color; pale yellowish to yellowish BROWN; "flaxen locks"

As for his changing appearance, his hair looks lighter on the other Japanese EOV book, conquest. Also it's in star by star that nom anor's masquer and Anakin are described as being sandy-haired. The same book. Not two different author's opinions.

(I can't believe I'm debating this!)

9. Trell

Trell Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 11, 2002
    Well, if KFC did have plans to make him look dead, she could have had a body prepared to look like a dead and burnt Anakin. All the Vong would need is a DNA sample.

I'm more of the camp that would support a returning Anakin if doen well. But isn't holding there breath or searching for ways it could happen by the way. ;)

10. Thyrsan4Blood

Thyrsan4Blood Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2002
    I hope he stays dead too.

Soap operas use resurrections. Soap operas are lame. Pretending a character is dead so you can shock the world with his/her resurrection is an overdone and poorly used plot device.

If Anakin returns to the world of the living, I'm going to hate Star Wars.

11. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Making an exact clone in that short amount of time isn't impossible especially for a Jedi. If anyone remembers in Darksaber the Emperor cloned Bevel Lemelisk a multiple amount of time when he was executed over and over again. The Emperor says he learnt the trick off a Jedi that he killed. Whats to say that Vergere didnt get taught that too before the Jedi met his/her death

12. JediFreac

Mar 7, 2002
    His eyes were brown as a child, but later changed to blue (to differentiate him from jacen, maybe?) I think he's always been dark brown...that's the acceptable continuity part.

13. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    Yes, Palpatine knew how to make someone else swap into a new body...but he had the clones prepared ahead of time. Remember Dark Empire and his stash of clone tubes?

The kid's dead. Cry yourself a river, build a bridge, get over it, and don't forget to leave a flower at the grave on your way home.

14. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Yeah, I want Darth Vader to return from the dead!

But there is no death, there is the Force. ;)

JMA

15. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    His eyes were brown as a child, but later changed to blue (to differentiate him from jacen, maybe?) I think he's always been dark brown...that's the acceptable continuity part.

Not in the NJO. It's been described as sand-brown. A person's hair and eyes change as they get older many times. I was a blond for most of my childhood and am now a dark brown. Most babies have blue eyes when they're born and their eyes change as they get older.
    And for the purpose of this discussion it really doesn't matter. My point was only that nom anors masquer was of a human pretending to be a Jedi, who had similar hair color (at least I assume denning uses the same criteria when he assess someone's hair color). If nom anor was trying to fool the Jedi, he would have to look like one of them. They're was no point in wearing the masquer to fool anyone else. He wouldn't want the vong to think he was human on the worldship.

16. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Most babies have blue eyes when they're born and their eyes change as they get older.

Kindly explain how his eyes changed to blue.

And I like this theory. [face_mischief]

17. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    If this ridiculous theory was true, they'd have hinted at it within the last 6 books

Get over it people, Anakin is D-E-A-D

I'm not even saying I liked or disliked his character or anything like that, he's simply DEAD

18. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    If this ridiculous theory was true, they'd have hinted at it within the last 6 books

Oh, like a virulent biotoxin that had been worked on for what seemed like a couple of months or years had been developed because the CHISS were working with the NR? Out of nowhere...

Guardian? Out of nowhere.
    Imperial SSD? Out of nowhere.

Plenty of things have just APPEARED in the NJO without any buildup, hinting, etc.

19. Thyrsan4Blood

Thyrsan4Blood Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 29, 2002
    Things can first appear out of nowhere, but it takes time for them to do whatever. Alpha Red was introduced in DW, but at this point it won't probably be used until TUF or TFP. That means 5 or 6 books.

If Anakin was going to come back in physical form (which HE IS NOT!!!!!) then it would have been hinted much more heavily. The EU is not a soap opera, characters don't disappear without a trace and then magically reappear years later, with some lame "I was in a POW camp in Kazakhstan" excuse.

Other than the "It didn't look like his body", there is really nothing hinting his physical return. And considering that when I see close friends or relatives dead, I too don't believe they look like themselves. It's just a natural human reaction to seeing someone dead.

He could come back in spiritual form, that's a completely different story.

20. --Corran_Horn--

--Corran_Horn-- Jedi Youngling star 3

May 31, 2002
    Agreed that him appearing in a spiritual form would be alright, thyrsan. As long as he's not back in a living form, and it's only temporary, I'm fine with it. One thing about this theory that I'm still a little confused about, if Vergere made it seem as though he was killed in the force, then stripped him of his force powers so nobody could sense him. How come nobody has sensed him between now and Vergere's death. It'd be kind of weak to say he's been imprisoned in a room with Yalsmiri...

21. YodaKenobi

May 27, 2003
    though he was killed in the force, then stripped him of his force powers so nobody could sense him. How come nobody has sensed him between now and Vergere's death. It'd be kind of weak to say he's been imprisoned in a room with Yalsmiri...

yes, but they did have a lot of yalsmiri on the worldship or he could be on Myrkr itself and then no one could ever sense him....

Kindly explain how his eyes changed to blue.

uuuuummmmmmm.....Force eye color powers :)

22. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Corran...
    "then stripped him of his force powers so nobody could sense him. How come nobody has sensed him between now and Vergere's death."

Ummm, we already know this is possible. Nomi Sunrider "permanently" stripped Ulic Qel-Droma of his connection to the Force at the end of "The Sith War."

When we see him in the next series, Redemption, it's been a decade later, and Ulic has had to make due without his Force powers...

...until of course the Force ghosts him at the end.

Vergere could simply have used a variation of Nomi Sunrider's "force-blocking" power to strip Anakin of the Force for extended duration.

This is not anything which would be inconsistent with what's already been established by the EU in terms of force-blocking/stripping powers.

23. JediFreac

Mar 7, 2002
    hmmm, i'm going to be a bitca and point out a few theory killers...

1) The scene where Nom Anor is in the ooglith masquer of a sandy haired person is described from ANAKIN's point of view. So you'd think he'd go, "Hey, Nom Anor looks like me!"

2) "The newcomer turned, revealing the profile of a sandy-haired human" (page 452 hardcover)...um, it was a human, not specifically a Jedi...so you can't argue the the imposter himself was an Anakin decoy.

However, to make up for killing that theory, I offer this one:

Yuuzhan Vong are dead in the Force
    Anakin was dead in the Force
    Yuuzhan Vong have these things that can make something look like something else
    Maybe the thing they weenie roasted wasn't Anakin.

Highly doubt it, though.

24. ForceHeretic

ForceHeretic Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 8, 2002
    Oh, like a virulent biotoxin that had been worked on for what seemed like a couple of months or years had been developed because the CHISS were working with the NR? Out of nowhere...

Guardian? Out of nowhere.
    Imperial SSD? Out of nowhere.

Plenty of things have just APPEARED in the NJO without any buildup, hinting, etc.

Jacen's return was repeatedly foreshadowed, even Tahiri's split personality was, I havn't read a single thing as of yet to suggest that Anakin is coming back in any way

And comparing bringing a DEAD character back to life to a weapon of mass destruction is quite ludicrous, they're two completely different things

Bringing Anakin back would destroy any sense of drama his death created, it would be the lamest plot element i've ever heard of

Even worse then the whole goddess thing

I know lots of people WANT him to come back, I still have yet to see any indication whatsoever the he WILL

And wishful thinking is not an indication that he's coming back

Anakin's death was shown from his own point of view, there's no room there to say he was switched

And don't you think Nom Anor would have been very happy to report to Tsavong Lah that he had captured Anakin as well as Jacen? If Anakin had been captured on the worldship Nom Anor would have known about it, and especially considering that the Voxyn Queen had just been killed Nom Anor would have used anything he had to appease him so Lah wouldn't have him killed for failing

Jacen's fate was kept a secret until Traitor because we didn't see Nom Anor until Traitor, we've seen him a lot since Traitor and by now he would have said something

25. nerdus

nerdus Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jun 17, 2003
    "Yeah, I want Darth Vader to return from the dead!"

Me to! Imagine DV commanding the vong! Hed have to say "I fint your lack of faith disturbing" one time to many :p

back to the topic..

I have to agree with all the "die-and-stay-dead-annie" ppl here, his death was way to well written and there has been way to few hints about something beeing wrong.
    If he had just "vanished" from the force like Jacen did later in sbs I could have bought it, after all, we werent really suprised to see him returned were we ? (this is because Leia was going on about him beeing alive probobly)
    No, Anakin is dead, he HAS to be, ill never read a new EU book again if he returns, that would SO suck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.