main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Conspiracy Theory: Fives is still alive!

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by fives_is_alive, Jun 13, 2014.

?

Is it possible Fives is not dead?

1. Yes

9.5%
  2. No

90.5%
  1. fives_is_alive

fives_is_alive Jedi Knight

Jun 13, 2014
    I have been thinking about this subject ever since I watched the heart wrenching death of Clone Trooper Fives. I foolishly thought till the bitter end that Fives would somehow survive. But unfortunately I was wrong.

That still however hasn't stopped me from trying to rationalize a way to keep one of my favorite clones alive. I have had various theories and here is the best one I can think of. Here is my theory:

The only way Fives could live without being hunted down by Palpatine was to make everyone think he was dead. Now I also believe that while Fives may have known this fact he was too much in a drugged state to really do much about it. So what if you introduce another person to the equation? Someone else to help or think through a plan that would work without Fives knowledge? Obviously Rex was not in on it because of the way he grieved. And I am not saying Fives actually was aware of the plan. So who?

What if it was the very man who "killed" Fives? What if Commander Fox actually helped Fives fake his death? Even if Fives didn't know about it. But why would Fox help? The only reason I could think of is that due to his close contact with Palpatine, he also began to suspect that Palpatine was hiding something. And after hearing Fives and what he said about the Chancellor he began to put two and two together?

I know this is pretty out there. And I also realize that in the Star Wars universe most of the time if someone dies, they are dead! But if they were ever to fake someone's death, it should be Fives! Thanks for reading!

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    I love Fives, too. He rocks.

But no, I'm pretty sure he's dead.

3. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
  4. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Well, TCW seems to have a thing for resurrecting dead characters. Maul, Tarantula man, and apparently Echo so I won't deny the possibility exists even if its a big step backward. I get sad to when the characters I like die. Waxer tore me up when he died. Fives tore me up when he died. But man think of what it does to Rex. Rex lost his sort of son which I'm sure would have a big impact on his fate. Five's death and what he tried to tell Rex. That may have been the kick in the teeth that'll decide if Rex deserts or not.

5. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
  6. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Isn't that Rex, who tells Bail Organa he can't go into the Jedi Temple, in ROTS during the purge. That Clone has the same shoulder piece. It was Anakin's troops that stormed the Temple.

7. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
  8. RandomGuardian

RandomGuardian Jedi Knight star 1

May 21, 2014
  9. Ryu Soma

Ryu Soma Jedi Youngling

Mar 17, 2014
    Even though I loved Fives, he's dead for sure. I don't like when they resurrect someone who has an obvious death, so I consider him dead, the same goes for Echo. The Domino Squad is over, that's sad, but that's the beauty of it too.

10. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012

That was Sergeant Fox who said that to Bail

11. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

Ah, OK thanks. I thought one of those Troopers had Rex's shoulder piece though; I'll have to check again.

12. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    That might have been Commander Appo.

TK-421 Is vader likes this.
  13. 07jonesj

07jonesj Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2010
    As much as I would hate for them to bring him back, if they felt like doing it you know they would. The explanation would be that Fives survived because of his overwhelming amount of "hope", or "goodness".

14. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Not saying you're wrong because you aren't, but...ugh.

Four words: asterix-filled episode review.

15. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    Someone needs to make a Cliegg Lars GIF that says "Your Fives is dead, son"

16. Sgt Crowfield

Sgt Crowfield Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 27, 1999
    "These Romans are crazy!"

Iron_lord likes this.
  17. Rogue Five

Rogue Five Jedi Padawan star 2

Jun 11, 2014
    Well hey Maul got chopped in half and came back. Echo and Gregor were both blown to kingdom come and they would have come back for future episodes.
    But uh, Fives is dead. Sorry. His death was anti climatic for me (Fox forgot he had a stun setting I guess) but it was a death nonetheless.

18. fives_is_alive

fives_is_alive Jedi Knight

Jun 13, 2014
    I agree with what everyone has said. I know that Fives is and will remain dead. It's just that part of me hates to see him gone. As long as his death has some sort of purpose moving forward I will be ok. And as Seerow said, it may end up being a huge motivating factor for Rex to desert the 501st. I just wished we had an opportunity to watch as Rex reaches that decision in TCW, instead of some flashback we may get in Rebels.

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    he is dead no arguement can be made for him being alive.

20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Proud to be the only "Yes" vote. After I first resented and then got acclimated to Echo's death only to learn that they were going to bring him back later, I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see Fives in the same episode. When they brought back Darth Maul I waited to see the episodes before passing judgment and wound up loving it. Who knows.

21. ARC Trooper Fives lover

ARC Trooper Fives lover Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2015
    The Domino Squad was my favorite. I'm really happy that this thread exists. The episodes where we see him decline into insanity are the closest thing I have to understanding why people like sad movies.

22. ARC Trooper Fives lover

ARC Trooper Fives lover Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2015
    It does seem like a very Rex-like plan to help Fives fake his death.... I never considered this before.... This reminds me of his speech in "Carnage of Krell" to the firing squad. He has a knack for narrowly escaping death.