main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Conspiracy Theory - X-Files crossover Yoda, Jinn, Mulder, Scully Completed 4/10! - Author replies

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by BrentusofGath, Mar 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Title: The X-Files: Conspiracy Theory
    Author: Brentus
    Characters: Fox Mulder, Dana Scully, Qui-Gon Jinn, Yoda, Palpatine
    Time Frame: Pre-TPM
    Genre: Sci-fi (duh), Mystery, crossover, AU
    Disclaimer:Nobody owns George Lucas's playthings except him. And no one owns Chris Carter's playthings either.
    A/N: This is from the Mod's Title Challenge

Prologue

~*~*~*~

"I wanted to believe.

In a universe of endless possibilities, I needed to put my faith in something more material than even the cosmos; something more real than the simple particles holding space together in a cohesive blend of the amazing, unfathomable balance of life itself.

I had seen things; things which could not be catagorized or easily referenced which gave me purpose, focus and a drive to see the sinister shadows of a grand conspiracy illuminated before the entire galaxy. This is the quest which must supercede all else I strive for; everything is as nothing to the discourse which follows, lest the galaxy turn from day to night; lest darkness triumph, destroying all in its path..."

~**~**~**~**~**~**~**~

Chapter 1: Sounding the Alarm

Special Jedi Agent Fox Mulder studied a sparse flimsy on his desk with intensity. Alone in his basement office, his squeaking chair boldly filled the contemplative silence, as if it were the only possible sound in the universe. Determination weaved a crooked smile on his face, half a wince for the paultry amount of information contained in what he was reading.

Mulder was an agent of the Galactic Bureau of Investigation, a joint Jedi-Republic outfit that employed Jedi and nonJedi alike. Normally he investigated the X-Files, classified cases that were deemed "unsolvable" by the powers that be, and neatly tucked away out of sight.

Today, however, things were different. On his desk was a nightmare of galactic proportions, it was indeed the most horrifying thing he had ever laid eyes upon, and yet it was only a simple piece of standard, law sized flimsy. The message was cryptic and short: "Chaos on Naboo. Plageus lives. Stop the bells of Mount Sidious before the death knell tolls or all is lost."

Mulder looked up in a worried hurry as the door swooshed open. He was about to hide the cryptic warning from who knew, when he was instantly relieved and relaxed. His partner, Agent Dana Scully, nonJedi, entered and quietly closed the door. She was halfway off with her coat before she paused, clearly surveying the office with her own form of intuition.

"Mulder? Why are you hunched over your desk like you've uncovered another galaxy shattering conspiracy we have to tackle?"

Finally his smile took on a completely amused look. He placed the flimsy in his robe and stood. "Have I ever told you, you know me too well. We're off to Naboo, after a quick stop to the Archives." He walked right past her, toward the door, trying to cut off any potential argument. "Get your coat."

"I have my coat." She suddenly stopped to think. "Mulder. Naboo is a grassy planet; why do I need my coat?"

He turned to face her, sunflower seeds on his breath. "Because we're going into the mountains. Snowcapped mountains."

"Of course," was her reply. "You know what? Next time, I won't even bother coming in to work. I'll just find the coldest place in the galaxy and meet you there." Her stomach grumbled and she realized she busted her buns getting there because her partner asked her to. "I was hoping we'd actually get lunch this afternoon."

"We'll grab a bite on the way," he said as he was halfway out the doorway.

"Fine. On the way." Scully's lips curled and she stared out at Mulder, before sighing and sliding her arm back into her coat and following him out into the hallway.

~*~*~*~

The Archives of the Jedi Temple were said to be the most comprehensive place of learning in the galaxy. It was no wonder the Jedi kept it to themselves. You could find out almost anythi

2. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    So my real question is...... are we going to get the OTHER parts to this?? :) [face_praying][face_mischief]

Muldar the Jedi.... what a great idea!

3. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Ohh I love the X files! Great cross-over!

If you have a PM list, put me on it, please[face_batting]

4. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    In the Resource thread you say you're continuing this? Yay!! Can I be put on the PM list?

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    Very intriguing beginning.

I'm looking forward to seeing Qui-Gon work with Moulder and Scully but why did you have to put Obi in the healers ward? [face_shame_on_you][face_shame_on_you]

Oh well, at least you didn't kill him :p

Looking forward to more

=D==D==D==D=

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Loved this when I read it during the contest! :D And I like even more now. Please put me on the PM list for this one! [face_praying]

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was very interesting and an cool take on this kind of crossover. Please PM me with updates.

8. Araxie

Araxie Jedi Master star 3

Mar 6, 2006
    What a great Idea for a Crossover. I did not see very many x-files, but what I have this seems to fit in very well with the characters.

I loved the last line, and I can't wait for more!

9. NiobeAsha

NiobeAsha Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 6, 2007
    I don't generally get into crossovers for some reason, but this intrigued me. I am so glad I decided to read it! The whole part with Mulder and Yoda tickled my goofy sense of humor just right. I can't wait for chapter 2. :)

10. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Mulder-as-Jedi? Oh, like that angle.

Good start. More, please?

11. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Laying tile?[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

Poor Obi-Wan in the healer ward again.

Qui-Gon knows something about Yoda's shame humm!

Good start could I get a PM please??? [face_coffee]

12. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Noelie posted: So my real question is...... are we going to get the OTHER parts to this??

Just check below. ;)

Alley_Skywalker posted: Great cross-over!

Speceba, tvarich. ;)

Healer_Leona posted: In the Resource thread you say you're continuing this? Yay!!

LOL! My sentiments exactly, yay!

KELIA posted: Oh well, at least you didn't kill him (Obi)

Yeah, he got off lucky this time. :p I'm glad you approve, Master!

VaderLVR64 posted: Loved this when I read it during the contest!

Thank you! I hope the rest lives up to expectations. ;)

dianethx posted: This was very interesting and an cool take on this kind of crossover.

I'm glad you're liking it so far. :)

Araxie posted: I loved the last line, and I can't wait for more!

Yeah, poor Mulder, even Qui-Gon thinks he's 'Spooky', lol.

NiobeAsha posted: The whole part with Mulder and Yoda tickled my goofy sense of humor just right.

I love it when my humor 'tickles' the right spot. [face_mischief]

DaenaBenjen42 posted: Good start. More, please?

Thanks, sis. :) More did you spek? ;) Check below...

Lea-El posted: Laying tile?

I thought you might appreciate that. :D

PM list: Alley Skywalker, Healer Leona, VaderLVR64, dianethx, DaenaBenjen42 & Lea-el If anyone wants on or off, just let me know!

And now, since this has been the same for a month now, with nothing new... here's more!

[b]Chapter 2: Dark Whispers[/b]

A robed woman fidgeted nervously, tied to a chair and gagged. Darkness shrouded the room, save for a tiny pinpoint of light reflecting into her terrified face. A cloaked figure moved silently about his dastardly business.

A small, controlled fire burst forth through the darkness. A strange kind of death stick took in the fire, glowing furiously. The petrified woman momentarily saw another man's face behind the glowing stick. Smoke filled the blackness as the man exhaled.

"Bringing her here was a mistake," the man with the stick said to the cloaked man. "My employers were most insistent that this not reach the notice of Coruscant."

"I care nothing for those fools," a hideous, disconnected voice spoke from deep within the cloak. "My only concern is victory."

"If you bring the Jedi here, I might not be able to prevent them from finding her. Unforeseen circumstances may arise." He took a puff of the strange stick and smoke curled up to the ceiling.

"The Jedi are no concern of yours. Continue with the plan and I will see to it that the Jedi are blind to it, as they are to everything else."

"Suit yourself," the stick smoking man said, "I'm not a murderer. If things get out of control, I'll be moving along."

The cloaked man turned toward the woman and a bright light shone into her pallid face. "You have done well; this girl will make a fine choice." The light blinded her, hiding the faces she wanted desperately not to see. A silent tear meandered its way down the side of her pale cheek.

~*~*~*~

Scully stepped down from the unregistered transport on shaky legs. "This is the last time I listen to you, Mulder," she grumbled. "The Fli Rite Transport Company is [i]not[/i] a galaxy renowned leader of space flight. They are a disgrace. We almost got lost in hyperspace... [i]twice[/i]. Flying is for droids."

Mulder and Qui-Gon winced at the tirade.

They were deposited in Theed, the capital of Naboo, a bustling city. Commerce flowed freely through the streets, even the shady kind of business conducted in shadows. Visitors frequented the streets, taking in the breathtaking sights such as the royal palace.

A city protocol droid approached the three travelers. It's skinny legs and humanoid appearance were designed to be human friendly, but it was actually a bit unnerving. "Greetings. I am H-five-N-one, a fully functional protocol droid. I am instructed to bring you before the Queen."

"Is this how you treat all visitors?" Qui-Gon

13. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    Of course Qui-Gon was getting himself into trouble. ***Sigh**** It happens every time he leaves Obi-Wan somewhere else. You would think he would learn! :)

On the other hand Scully and Mulder are still out there, so hopefully they will get the good Master out of trouble....sometime.

Very interesting... What I want to know is what is going to be the spooky connection now. Irritating aren't I? [face_thinking]

14. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Qui-Gon should look before he leaps.

"As I said, you need only to know how to keep them occupied," the smoking man said to the captain, totally unconcerned with the glowing death of a lightsaber in his face. Good explanation of what they did in order to capture Qui-Gon.

As for the other two, I think they are really cold at the moment. And the sound of the monster amused me.

Looking forward to more.

15. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Interesting how easily Qui-Gon was led into a trap.

And a murder at the tmeple? I hope they didn't 'take care' of the Queen already.

16. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Scully stepped down from the unregistered transport on shaky legs. "This is the last time I listen to you, Mulder," she grumbled. "The Fli Rite Transport Company is not a galaxy renowned leader of space flight. They are a disgrace. We almost got lost in hyperspace... twice. Flying is for droids."

Mulder and Qui-Gon winced at the tirade

Loved that! ;) It will be interesting to see what happens next! :p

=D=

17. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Ohh! Update! yay! (qui-gon in trouble, Scully complaining about transportation choices, and a mystery building... all is right with the world...)

Good update. :)

18. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek:

What have you done to Qui-Gon?

That'll teach him to go off on his own.

Very nice update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

19. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    How exciting! I am glad to see you post on this so soon.

The Queen is in danger and Qui-Gon also. Dangerous times for Q's.

I can't wait to see what happens to Scully and Mulder on the mountain.

Thanks for the PM(s)[face_coffee][face_coffee]

20. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Noelie posted: You would think he would learn!

Well, I'm sure he's happier knowing Obi is safe in the Temple right now, lol. Thanks for reading, as always. :)

dianethx posted: Qui-Gon should look before he leaps.

Definitely. :Þ I'm glad you're "looking forward to more". :)

Healer_Leona posted: Interesting how easily Qui-Gon was led into a trap.

Well, after all, they're dealing with Cancer Man there. If anybody not Force sensitive could get the drop on a Jedi, I'd expect old Smokey would be the one, lol.

VaderLVR64 posted: It will be interesting to see what happens next!

Up for some Qui torture are we? ;) I'm glad. :D

DaenaBenjen42 posted: (qui-gon in trouble, Scully complaining about transportation choices, and a mystery building... all is right with the world...)

LOL! Yup, all is well in the GFFA. :Þ

KELIA posted: What have you done to Qui-Gon?

Well it's not like I've killed him, Master. :rolleyes: Not yet anyway. [face_devil]

Lea-El posted: I can't wait to see what happens to Scully and Mulder on the mountain.

The mountain they are a-goin'. And you shall find out soon enough, my friend. :)

Update coming, tomorrow, perhaps...

What will happen to Qui-Gon now that he's in the clutches of Cancer Man?

What will happen inside the Temple? Who's been murdered and why?

Stay tuned and you'll find out... hopefully.
    [face_devil]

21. Lea-El

Aug 13, 2005
    Former master you do know if you kill Qui-Gon you will have to answer to Noelie and she will have lots of help whippin' you. :p

22. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Yup, Leona, you, Master KELIA. I can take ya! :p

On a different note, a new chapter!

[b]Chapter 3: The Biting Chill[/b]

Soothing warmth greeted them immediately as the immense, heavy doors swung closed. Scully unwrapped the scarf from her neck and breathed in excitedly. Several fires near the door were quickly surrounded by frosty hands yearning for the crackling of flames.

Mulder took in the area, noting the body in the middle of the floor, a pool of blood spreading it's life-giving tendrils under the pews and toward the altar at the far end.

A female priest came from a connecting room carrying candles for the ancient iron chandelier which hung delicately above them. She stopped short when she saw the police there and approached the gathered with authority bursting at the seems.

"One of our brothers is dead," she said, trying not to look at the empty shell behind her. "Can't we have some peace and the removal of his remains? Why must this take so long? We have preparations to make for the ceremony."

"I'm sorry Sister Athena," an officer said, "we still have to investigate this. We need to find the murderer."

"I told you," Athena answered gruffly, "we all know who is responsible. The bells have been delayed and the Yetoo grows restless. Surely even [i]you[/i] can see, Brother Phileas has been clawed to death. I warned him."

"Warned him about what?" Scully queried.

Athena looked at her with all the piety and aloofness of a holier than thou type. "Certainly you don't think [i]I[/i] had anything to do with this? I merely warned him that we should move the ceremony up. The last few years, the Yetoo has become restless. He wants to hear more bells."

"But we didn't hear any bells when the priest was murdered," Mulder stated. "The legend says the Yetoo would kill the priest and ring the bells. This man was killed and the temple bell didn't ring."

Athena fixed him with an icy glare. "If you will excuse me," she huffed, "I must go and prepare. With Brother Phileas's passing, I must ring the bells myself and there are rituals which must be performed."

She set her head high amongst the stars and practically floated away toward the rectory.

The guards set about their forensics duties while Mulder and Scully took in the entire view of the temple.

"Mulder," Scully called, examining the door. "There are no claw marks," she wisely observed. "A 'monster' certainly didn't use the knob."

"Maybe he knocked," Mulder quipped. "Look, Scully, a man has been murdered. I think you could take a look at the body and give me your medical opinion as to what killed him?"

The redhead stuck her hands in her pockets and approached the body, carefully avoiding stepping in the pooling blood. A duraplas glove was on her hand in an instant with a resounding snap and she examined the body in a cursory way, until an autopsy could be performed.

The claw marks covered the horribly mutilated body, with the highest concentrations in the midsection. Something caught her attention though, because Mulder watched her study the man's belly with great care.

"Well," she said after a while, "I think this man was killed by something other than these claw marks." She directed her partner away from the guards. "I think the claw marks were made after his death to hide the real murder weapon."

"Which is?" Mulder asked, taking a sunflower seed from his pocket and hoisting it to his mouth.

"I can't be certain until the autopsy," her voice lowered, "but I think it may have been a lightsaber."

Mulder turned to the guards. "Can we get my partner to work on the body immediately?"

~*~*~*~

Qui-Gon awoke with a splitting headache and a bad case of the chills. Wind tore through his clothing and stung his flesh. Snow came in torrents to batter his face and play havoc with his vision.

He tried to move, but soon found himself bound with a str

23. Healer_Leona

Jul 7, 2000
    Athena wasn't too interested in Mulder's assessment about the murder and m issing bells. o_O

Yikes, poor Qui-Gon. He need someone to warm him up! ;) :p

Excellent post Brentus.

24. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    I love the way you've somehow managed to hold onto the "feel" of both these universes. :) Another superb update! =D=

25. KELIA

Jul 26, 2005
    Oooohhh Brother Phileas was one of the mysterious brotherhood of nine

:eek: :eek: :eek:

I wonder if Yoda will admit to having any knowledge of them

Poor Qui - he's in quite the perilous position...[face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried] [face_worried]

"A 'monster' certainly didn't use the knob."

Mabye he knocked? :p

Great update

=D= =D= =D= =D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.