main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Constantine (continuing in animated form!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Only-One Cannoli, Oct 26, 2014.

1. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    This show would be better if it were called Constant Teen about someone that never reaches adulthood.

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  3. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Hard not to see it coming. Decent show, but IMO was not the show Constantined deserved. Atleast it was the strongest attempt to get the character as close to who he really is on screen.

Still a show like Hellraiser needs a little bit more money behind it and a channel that could probably allow it to go to darker places like AMC,FX, or HBO. I definitly couldn't see Dangerous Habits being pulled off to it's full potential by NBC.

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Really unfortunate news. Hopefully it'll get picked up elsewhere- it was by far the strongest comic book show on the air (or in the streams?). I still have two episodes left to watch, so at least it isn't over for me yet...

Also seems the Arrow star is willing to guest star in a crossover episode if anywhere else picks it up.

5. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    I think Stephen Amell will guest on anything provided he gets a chance to :p

And really? This was stronger than Daredevil? Gonna have to disagree strongly with you on that.

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I had forgotten about Daredevil, actually (still have a few episodes left to watch of that too)- I guess it didn't strike me as a "this season" show, but I think my statement would still stand- the guy playing John & his friend are more interesting/engaging than the actors playing Matt & Foggy and I'm still trying to get a grasp on my opinion of this portrayal of Fisk so far (it's one of those weird "It's good but I'm not sure if I like it" type situations).

Plus, I tend to favor shows that are more innovative in their genre- and the procedural format is the hardest genre to innovate in (mostly because every show that is successful in that regards tends to get cancelled after 1 season or less- Almost Human, Alcatraz, etc), so Constantine gets a lot of points there for making it work.

7. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  8. DarthMane2

DarthMane2 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 20, 2003
    Hope CW will take this opportunity to make him closer to his comic book self. Movie failed and the TV show tried and failed.

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    This is going to end up forcing me to watch The Flash again, isn't it?

Either way, awesome that the Matt Ryan version of the character isn't finished yet. Hopefully the tone of Constantine can successfully mesh with the CW shows.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

Just Arrow so far it seems...

11. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's baaack...

...as an animated digital series. But, still, progress!

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  13. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I will so watch this now.