main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

constructing an X-wing cockpit

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Spacehunter24, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spacehunter24

Spacehunter24 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2003
    Are there any good sites on how to construct an X-wing cockpit? I checked out the one at http://www.cybernet.com/~elichten/sets_home.htm , but it's said "Coming Soon" for the X-wing plans for what seems like forever, and the Y-wing instructions (which I thought I could adapt a little bit to be an X-wing) looks incomplete. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

2. Jedi_Kyeju

Jedi_Kyeju Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    If you watch the movies the x-wing cockpits really arent big at all. You could just get a cool looking mat that would be for your car, put a small bluescreen behind it.and film yourself in front of that. Watch Seeds of Darkness.

3. Darth_Tater

Darth_Tater Jedi Master star 1

Aug 30, 2001
    I can't believe that site is still up. I remember when the y-wing tut was coming soon 2 years ago. LOL Tcheb (the creator of that tut) still pokes his head on the boards every now and then but I think he's given up on the cockpit site.

Here's a pic of an "xwing" cockpit I made a few years ago and never got to film. :( The key is just to be creative. Use spare junk lying around the house. The hardest part is just getting windows set up right and DON'T follow my example by using left-over 1 1/2" thick styrofoam bead core foam.

[image=http://home.earthlink.net/~thekincaids/xwing.jpg]

4. Jedi_Kyeju

Jedi_Kyeju Jedi Master star 4

Jan 27, 2003
    **** man that looks awesome. Geez do you sill have it? You should really paint it and film in it.

5. bad_karma24

bad_karma24 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2003
    Yes, I agree with using any sort of junk. Search around and locate old computers and see if you can get a hold of their interiors (IE, circuit boards, etc).

6. durbnpoisn

durbnpoisn TFN Staff Cast & Crew Database star 5 VIP

May 20, 2002
    I always thought it was really funny that the cockpit of all the original trilogy fighters was more archaic than a single engine Cesna here on Earth. All it is is a bunch of random tubes, wires, switches, and blinking lights.
    And of course the cockpit of a Naboo N-1 is outrageously sophisticated with really, really nice graphical display terminals and HUD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.