main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Contacting Bounty Hunters...and some other stuff. : )

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Fate, Jul 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    *grins* I'm still plugging away at my story, "Catch a Tiger", and have a few more questions:

How would someone go about contacting a bounty hunter? I know about the Guild - I'm trying desperately to 'get into Jango's head', so to speak, so yesterday, I checked out a few of the SW comic books; I'm currently reading the one on bounty hunters. :p But how would the Guild contact the bounty hunter? And how would an individual go about contacting them if they chose not to get involved with the Guild?

Also - on an unrelated note - I know about the name sites, but I was wondering if there's any sort of name theory site - as in how names are related to how a person acts, that goes beyond their meaning. I think I've come up with a few pretty good names for my original characters: Meoro Duarte, Xerces (I have yet to find a last name I'm satisfied with), and Nadia. [face_mischief]

And one more thing - even more unrelated than the one before - I've been over to the FanFilms section, but where would you go if you wanted to make a music video of sorts with parts of the existing trailers, rather than filming one of your own? ?[face_plain]

Thanks in advance for your help! [face_love]

2. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I don't really know that much about the prequels but I'm assuming they had various syndicates they were loosely associated with, that the guild would be aware of. Now Jango, I don't know how much is out there about him but I'd suspect he was a freelancer, considering that was the way his clone, Boba Fett worked. Probably contacting former clients, or dropping hints in places he was associated with might be the way to go.

3. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    Oh there's this one site, can't remember what it's called, Kebanas? No that's not right, but anyway it'll help you just as long as it has the name in its databank, but I think you add names. It does have a whole ton of Star Wars character's names, somebody must be a fan. I'll go and see if I can find the site for you though.

EDIT: here's the link Hope it works.

4. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Thanks a lot, you guys! [face_love]

Mariah: You're right, and that's pretty much what my dilemma was. Jango's a sort of go-it-alone kind of guy, so I wouldn't think he'd be known to 'hang out' at the local bar, so to speak - unless he was undercover. I was wondering the same thing about Zam; how she would be contacted about a bounty.

I was thinking of having Jango see a holo-ad while he's doing repairs/upgrades on the Slave I, and Zam to hear it on the SW equivalent of the radio - which is what, by the way? (I'll check the thread that dealt with this. [face_mischief])

Thanks for the link, tatooinewizard! ;) I'll check it out right away. :cool:

*a couple of seconds later*

Thank you so much!!! This is exactly what I've been looking for; I don't think I've ever been given that exact site before. :p

Thanks so much for the support, you guys! :) [face_love] [face_mischief]

Edit: If you get a chance, check out Introspection [/end blatant self-promotion] [face_mischief]

5. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    Glad I could be of help, Fate. It was just something I'd stumbled upon sometime last year.

6. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Hi Fate,

You know, I'm sure Zam and Jango have their private com channels that the guild probably knows, if need be. Sometimes it's better not to get too complicated and over think things too. :p I know I do that sometimes. :)

7. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    tatooinewizard: I'm glad you did - thanks again for sharing it with me! [face_mischief]

Mariah: I know, I know. :p I guess I'm just nervous - I've never attempted a 'real' fic before, and I want to get all the details right. :D

I went into this barely knowing Jango, Zam, or Dooku, and now I'm getting hung up on the little details, even though I know them a lot better, and I?ve got a really good plot line going. *sighs*

Perfectionism is of the Dark Side... :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.