main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Contingency Theory - ROTS AU (Update 2/26 Finale!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bobilll, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Disclaimer - I wish I owned Star Wars. But I don't.

Summary - A shocking discovery changes the course of events for the galaxy

Author's Note - So this is my first long fic in, ah, two years now? I'm definently still rusty, so yeah, feel free to critisize and stuff so I know how to improve!

Author's Other Note - It's FINISHED! Well, not on the boards; at least not yet. But it's done in draft! Which means I will finish updating, no matter how much homework I have! W00t!!!!

~*~*~*~

A prophecy . . . that misread could have been.
    ~Master Yoda

Prologue

Hyperspace
    Two weeks before Revenge of the Sith?

?It can?t be.?

Ki Adi Mundi looked up from the datapad and glanced at his partner, Master Shaak Ti, who was hovering over the dead freighter pilot and radiating ripples of shock through the Force. ?What is it?? he asked.

One of Shaak Ti?s crimson hands rested on the alien?s temple, the other gripped what appeared to be an identification datachip. ?It?s as we suspected. This entire raid was far too easy; no ordinary pilot could have kept us alive for so long.?

Master Mundi raised an eyebrow. ?Yes, I agree that Captain Boku was an extraordinary pilot. But, then, we are also extraordinary passengers.?

Shaak Ti shook her head, her montrals waving gently. ?We?re not that extraordinary. Even Jedi die; hundreds have died already in this war.? Her eyes fell to the datachip again, and narrowed. ?We were cornered, Ki. The battalion outnumbered us twenty to one. Of the fifteen Jedi squadrons, we are the only survivors, all thanks to this pilot.? She sighed. ?It isn?t natural.?

?Maybe his parents failed to turn him to the temple when he was young,? Ki replied simply. ?It?s happened before. I still don?t see what?s so unnatural.?

?Ki, look harder. Look at his bone structure, his eyes?does he not remind you of someone you know??

Ki frowned. ?Yes, we?ve been over this when we first stepped in his ship; this man looks quite a bit like Skywalker. But there are still significant differences between the two??

?Are there?? Shaak Ti finally handed over the datapad to the other Jedi. ?I just did a quick scan of his blood cells. Look at the karyotypes, and then the midichlorian count.? She tapped the controls, and an elaborate chart illuminated.

Over ten thousand midichlorians.

?Skywalker?s count surpasses twenty thousand,? Master Mundi commented.

?There have been mutations before,? was the reply. Shaak Ti sighed, and deftly pressed a few more buttons, pulling up coded data from the Temple network. ?Now look at Skywalker?s figures.?

Master Mundi?s eyes widened. The genetic code was almost identical. ?What does this mean??

Shaak Ti shook her head. ?Of course, there?s no way we can be sure; Skywalker?s past has always been hazy. But? it all seems to collaborate so closely. Remember what Boku had said about his wife and son? How they were captured by pirates and sold as slaves in the Tatooine system?? She closed her eyes. ?I feel the truth in the Force. Ki, I do believe that Skywalker had a father. And, if that?s true, then??

??he is not the Chosen One,? Ki finished.

~*~*~*~

Corum d'Nim never suspected that a simple hotwiring adventure could bring him to view such a sight, and he could only watch in amazement as bomb after bomb descended upon the roof of the Tholatin Correction Facility. As the main computers shut down one by one, destroyed by the magnetic bombs outside, Corum did nothing but watch as each Guard Droid collapsed into growing junk piles. He almost pitied them.

Almost. But in the end, he was their prisoner, locked away and forgotten for a crime he had been forced to commit. And now, finally, as the lock mechanisms failed one by one, Corum had a chance to escape.

He wrinkled his oversized snout, and tightened the grip in his left hand, which clutched the fluid he had created that would surely change his life forever.

Swiftly, he made his ways around the barren halls, through a path that he had long sin

2. son-of-kenobi

son-of-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    good work...sorry i don't how about space and enter???

3. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Wow, I like this new reply box... all fancy-ish lookin.

Thanks, son-of-kenobi! Hehe, there's this really fancy thing that some authors do where they have a nice blue bar going across the page... there's some code but I dunno what it is...

4. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Contingency Theory

Queen Apailana of Naboo lay on the large bed, her eyes closed, her tiny body pale and shivering. Padmé Amidala gazed at the figure, her eyes narrowed with worry. She sighed, and stood up, ready to leave. Padmé paused for a moment, then bowed respectfully to her unconscious ruler before leaving the grand chamber quietly. Her three handmaidens joined her, silently following her back to her senatorial office.

?It?s been three weeks already,? she said, once the doors were closed and the cams covered. Padmé collapsed on a divan, exhausted. Her eyes wandered past the window, and she observed the mining guilds picketing below. Again. ?Three weeks of Naboo under the rule of a dictator. And the doctors are still at a loss of any treatment.?

?The Regional Governor himself is hardly a dictator,? Motée, one of Padmé?s new handmaidens, chided softly. ?He?s the Chancellor?s best solution to a growing problem of mayhem.?

?It does seem that way, doesn?t it?? Padmé shook her head, and winced at a slight ringing in her ears. ?Yet, with every motion he makes, every order he sets, a bit of democracy seems to pass away.? She sighed, rubbing her temple, trying to soothe her headache. ?No Naboo sovereign has ever before attempted to raise taxes without the two-thirds majority consenting vote of the people. Now, all the Regional Governor has to do is take out a contract signed by the Chancellor himself, and we all have no choice but to obey.?

?The credits are needed to fund the war,? Ellé, the youngest handmaiden, reminded her mistress. ?Maybe it?s for the best. Maybe a little less democracy is what this Republic needs to?? The Senator?s expression suddenly went very cold, and Ellé seemed to realize that she had gone too far. ?I meant no disrespect, M?lady,? she said timidly.

The Senator didn?t answer, rubbing her temple harder and sorrowfully considered her handmaiden?s words. Before the war, no Naboo citizen had dared to speak that way. The mere notion of compromising democracy was unheard of. She sighed. Back then, the people still had the luxury to reap the political benefits of peace.

It made her angry to think how far they?ve left it.

?She was only trying to be patriotic, Senator,? Motée said, interrupting Padmé?s thoughts, and Padmé winced as her voice sent more waves of pain through her skull. The pregnancy was taking its toll on her health. ?Sometimes, M?Lady, you sound so much like a Separatist that??

Now that was going too far. Padmé?s eyes flashed at the offending woman. ?A Separatist?? she growled. ?Am I a Separatist to protect the values of my people? Is it not the duty of the Senator to represent her people to the Senate, instead of the opposite?? She closed her eyes, pinching her forehead in pain and frustration. ?I doubt that?that?? Padmé collapsed against the back of the divan, her headache debilitating her temper.

A hand gently tugged her arm, and Padmé found herself gazing into a pair of gentle, worried eyes. Without a word, her old friend reminded her just how powerful her acerbic words could be. ?I?m not snapping,? Padmé said softly. ?I?m just ?? She paused as another wave of dizziness overcame her, and rubbed her temple furiously.

?M?Lady?? Dormé?s eyes were ever-worrying. ?Do you need a glass of water??

Padmé shook her head. ?Thank you, no,? she replied. She slowly stood, holding onto her armrest for support. ?Motée, Ellé, see to it that the preparations for our return to Coruscant have been made. Afterwards, you both are excused for the day. Dormé, please stay.?

Motée sighed, and glanced at her younger counterpart. The two women bowed and left.

Padmé continued to stare out the window, watching the picketers. ?I feel quite beside myself these days,? she confided to her friend.

?Perhaps you need a vacation,? her friend suggested, with only the slightest bit of levity.

Padmé half-heartedly laughed. ?A vacation? Now? When the entire galaxy is in shambles?? She rested back onto her divan, exhaling with a bit of pain. ?She seemed

5. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    good work

this is coming really well...may i ask...who the hell r they?

6. Paladin3030

Paladin3030 Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    You just got three new readers.

I for one would love to see what happens when they tell Anakin that they might have found his father.

"Anakin you might want to sit down for this we found some information about your father."

7. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

Nice story so far

8. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Wow, more readers! Thanks, guys, for the nice comments!

son-of-kenobi - Miak and Corum are my OCs... their roles in this will show up more later. It's all just bits and pieces now, but it'll all fit together! :)

Thanks, Paladin3030! Hehe, that will be quite interesting when it happens :) Three readers? ARe you all under one name?

Thanks, sdhfs!

9. MaroonRacoon

MaroonRacoon Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2003
    Miak reminds me of Miaka. I thus picture her with crazy loopy braids coming out of her head. Right...hmm. Anyway, if the two OCs, Corum and Miak, are going to play a big role, I hope I will like them. Miak seems like a (angsty?) tough girl, but maybe a little too righteous/squeamish to be called that...urgh, I can't get over the Miaka image (beats head). And Corum is more a fast-talking kinda nerdy guy. Where is the sweet cute one??? I demand a sweet cute one!!!

(cough) Ignore that. I will say more when I have read more (bad racoon, bad racoon!), but I have to go watch "Arthur" now.

10. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    The two women stood side by side, in front of the Chancellor?s favorite swivel chair. Their hoods sank low, keeping their eyes in shadow.

?The subject is indeed showing multiple signs of Separatist tendencies,? one was reporting. ?Several secret meetings have already taken place. I have placed a recording on the data report.?

Sidious, Dark Lord of the Sith, nodded. He didn?t usually take to female servants, finding their reserves often weak, their emotions holding back their full potential. But for this assignment, there really weren?t any better choices. The Chancellor fixed his eyes on each woman. ?Deliver the message as instructed. Keep your eyes open for any? suspicious reactions.?

?Yes, M?Lord. Will the subject be terminated??

Sidious nodded. ?Eventually. Wait for my order; the time is not yet right.?

Both women bowed, murmuring their respects in unison. They turned and left the office silently, and were completely ignored by the blissful young man who swaggered by.

Palpatine looked up from his work, and smiled as his young protégé approached.

?Anakin,? he called, smiling fondly. ?Just the man I wanted to see. I would like to extend my thanks to your superb abilities in rescuing me from General Grievous today. My only regret is that Count Dooku seems to have disappeared again??

~*~*~*~

Count Dooku stumbled out of his transport, carefully stepping through the levels of Pau City, his singed cloak whirling behind him.

Something had changed.

Everything had been going as planned. Skywalker and Kenobi had taken the bait. The three had dueled, Kenobi put out of commission early on. Skywalker?s full powers were to be tested, to see whether he was deserving of a place in the soon-to-be Empire.

Indeed, the boy was powerful. Skywalker had put up such a good fight that Dooku himself had started to falter. Skywalker had spotted the opening, and wasted no time in disarming the Sith. With both hands lost, Dooku had kneeled to the victor in shame, awaiting arrest.

But Palpatine had had other plans.

Kill him? Dooku thought, chilled by the very words. What did he mean, kill? If it weren?t for Kenobi?s awakening and Skywalker?s sudden realization of his petty Jedi morals, Dooku would probably be decapitated by now. He never would have had a chance to escape.

?Count Dooku!?

Dooku paused, and looked up to see the Droid Commander hobbling his way.

?I see you have arrived. Though,? Grievous remarked, noting the absence of limbs, ?not all in one piece.?

Dooku glared at the droid. Once again, he found himself restraining his anger, preserving it deep within his soul. One day, the droid would put him in his place. For now, he was still needed for the war, especially after the sudden turn of events. ?Lord Sidious has betrayed us,? he informed the Commander.

?Us?? Grievous asked, his voice taunting. ?Or you? I am quite accustomed to your Sith ways of dealing with new apprentices.?

Dooku gazed deep into the droid?s yellow eyes. ?I have learned that the entire Seperatist party is scheduled for execution,? he said gravely. It wasn?t a lie; Dooku had known from the beginning that it was all a game. He just never expected to be on the losing side.

Grievous looked skeptical. ?That is a broad claim you make, Count. Tell me, why should I believe you??

?You know what the Nemoidians have told us already. Sidious is in the Republic Senate.?

?He is our spy.?

?No, general.? Dooku shook his head. ?You are gravely mistaken. Sidious does not merely control the Senate any longer. Sidious is the Senate. His loyalties lie with the Republic. That is why we are doomed to fail.?

?You have not proved yourself.?

Dooku shrugged. ?I shall in time, though it may be too late for you.? He motioned at the droids. ?But for now, we must retreat. The Republic gained a fair lead today, and you know yourself how close we are becoming to losing this war.?

Grievous nodded. He understood battle tactics, at least. ?It will be done, my Lord.?

Dooku sighed, his shoul

11. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Great job so far! :D I'm enjoying it!

So there's a chance that Anakin isn't the Chosen One? Oh now that'll go over well with him! [face_laugh]

[face_dancing] Yay!! Dooku isn't dead! [face_love] Hopefully Grievous will stick with the Count. Guess we'll see rather he does or not, eh? :D

12. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Thanks, Kynstar! Glad you like it so far! Yep, I always wondered what would happen if someone were to stick a needle through Anakin's big balloon of pride. Hehe, glad you like the Dooku/Greivous action. :)

13. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Where did everyone go? :confused:

Anyways, another installment!

~*~*~*~

A loud crash and a muffled scream echoed down the hall. Dormé immediately dropped her dusting and rushed toward her mistress?s office.

She opened the doors and groaned. Another data console lay smashed on the ground. The Senator was at her desk, her head resting in her hands, emanating what sounded like intermittent whimpering. Across the room, Ellé, the unfortunate bearer of bad news, stood paralyzed, wearing a look of horror.

Dormé sighed, bending down to clean up the mess. This was the fourth outbreak this month. ?M?Lady, are you sure you don?t want to see a medic about this?? she asked, with a hint of sarcasm.

Padmé looked up, her eyes bloodshot. ?Several Naboo citizens were spotted setting off stink-bombs in the governor?s gardens. All were arrested under charges of terrorism.? She groaned in despair. ?These problems just keep piling up. The Regional Governors? presence on Naboo needs to end soon!?

Dormé patted the unmoving handmaiden on the shoulder gently. ?I?ll handle things here,? she whispered gently. The girl nodded, and quietly crept out of the office.

Dormé turned back to her mistress. ?Perhaps you should take a break from your work and relax a bit,? Dormé suggested. ?These outbursts can?t be good for the baby. You?re starting to break down.?

?Naboo is starting to break down!? Padmé roared, frustration apparent in her voice. ?Don?t you understand?? Padmé paused, and her eyes moistened considerably. ?It?s hopeless.? She sighed. ?Maybe Bail was right. Maybe we are fighting for the wrong side.?

Dormé frowned. Maybe it was time to contact a medic about these mood swings.

~*~*~*~

Outside the Senator?s office, a quick transmission was being made to the Chancellor, relaying her violent reactions.

?Separatist tendencies indeed.?

~*~*~*~

?Not the Chosen One?? Anakin spun around angrily, nearly breaking a nearby holomap. ?After all I have done for them, this is how they repay me? By taking away my rights to the title I deserve??

?Anakin,? Obi-wan chided softly, ?the Chosen One isn?t a title. It?s a prophecy, and a hazy one at that.?

Anakin took a deep, steadying breath. He picked up the map and started tossing it into the air gently, in an effort to distract his anger. ?What made them come across such a conclusion??

?Ah. That?s the interesting part.? Obi-wan took a deep breath. ?It is believed that, while on a mission near the Unknown Regions, Master Ti and Master Mundi came across a man who, according to several genetics test, appear to be your father.?

There was a stunned silence.

?Father??

Obi-wan nodded.

?But? that? it doesn?t make any sense!? Anakin?s knees started to buckle, and he immediately sat down. ?I don?t have a father! My mother was a virgin when she bore me!?

?How do you know this for sure?? Obi-wan asked, mimicking Yoda?s words.

Anakin?s eyes darted up angrily. ?My mother wouldn?t have lied to me!?

?Not even to protect you? Understand, I?m not trying to accuse your mother of being anything but protective.? When Anakin didn?t respond, Obi-wan sighed. ?Search your feelings, Anakin. What does the Force tell you??

By this point, Anakinw as gasping for air, his forehead driiping with the sweat of anxiety. He closed his eyes, trying to remember the truth?

?I know what they say about me, Annie. But you musn?t believe them. There are those who wish to make you feel inferior.?

?But is it true, Mom? What they say about Dad? That he took you without your permission??

Shmi paused, and put her head in her hands. She looked confused, frustrated. Annie thought he saw her shoulders quiver and immediately tugged her into a tight embrace.

?Your father?? she finally replied in a shaky voice. ?There was no father,? she answered finally. ?There
    is no Dad.?

No father? It had confused his 5-year-old mind for weeks. Over and over, he turned this fact over in his head.

In the end, it provided him comfort.

?All

14. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I read all but the last post (will read later on this week) and I thought this was great. love the level of mystery etc.

15. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Thanks, Crystal Kenobi! Always great to have new readers! Hehe, glad you like the mystery!

Anyways, sorry for the delay on posting... I just started a new job and it's taking up a lot of my time and energy. I know this one is short... but there'll be more coming up later!

~*~*~*~

?Two systems more systems have been taken by Seperatist Forces. Count Dooku is no longer following the predescribed plans; his forces are becoming a real threat.?

So it?s treason, isn?t it? A wave of anger fueled Palpatine?s bloodthirsty heart. ?Count Dooku was given a chance to prove his worth. He failed. He no longer earns a place by my side. See to it that his forces are crushed.? The wizened man glared at Jango Fett?s face radiating from the transmitter, making sure his clone servant correctly interpreted his fury.

Failure would not be tolerated.

The soldier gulped. ?It will be done, My Lord.?

Darth Sidious flicked off the hologram, and watched as the image faded away. He then turned to the assassin by his side.

?Report,? he ordered.

The figure stepped forward, and gave a brief account of the subject?s latest actions, conversations with people of significance, health situation, etc.

Sidious nodded. He considered the events conspiring, and made a decision.

?We must accelerate our plans. Circumstances are starting to prevent Skywalker from realizing his full potential.? He looked at his assassin. ?We must raise his motivations. Now is the time to strike.?

~*~*~*~

?Anakin! Anakin, please, help me!?

A gloved black hand holds a pistol. Anakin struggles, but can?t find the identity of the assassin.

?This is the end, M?Lady,? the figure mocks.

Anakin holds out his hand, rushes to block the bolt?

?it sears right through his mechanical arm, piercing his wife?s heart.

Anakin?s eyes widen in horror. ?NOOOO??

??OOO!? Anakin woke up with a start. He was sweating, and panting hard. Beside him, something stirred.

?Annie? Is something wrong??

Anakin closed his eyes, willing the images away. ?I?m sorry I woke you, Padmé.?

Padmé moved closer to him, and laid a hand on his mechanical arm. ?Another nightmare?? she asked.

Anakin closed his eyes, refusing to answer.

?About me?? She knew, all the same. ?Again??

Anakin nodded. ?I? I?m always helpless. There?s so much I can do as a Jedi? but I can?t do anything then. Not when I?m needed the most.?

His wife?s soft arms wrapped around his neck, holding him close. ?Women don?t die of childbirth on Coruscant, Anakin. Don?t worry, I?ll be fine.?

Anakin shook his head. No, not childbirth. ?It was something worse this time,? he whispered. ?I? can?t protect you anymore.?

His wife smiled, her slender fingers playfully tapping his mechanical arm. ?I can protect myself just fine, Anakin,? she whispered. ?Even we mere humans find ways of staying alive.?

Anakin laughed softly, but the edge of bitterness still shone in his eyes. He turned into her soft embrace, and with two arms hard with metal and muscle, squeezed her close to his chest. ?I won?t lose you, Padmé.?

?You won?t,? she assured.

When he squeezed tighter, she groaned softly. Realizing his error, he immediately let her go. ?I?m sorry,? he said with a lopsided smile as she massaged her arms.

Padmé smiled, her eyes loving as ever. ?Don?t worry, Annie.? When he didn?t answer, she continued, ?The most effective way of holding onto a handful of sand is to not squeeze too hard.?

?I know,? he replied. ?I just want to make sure I keep holding on at all.?

?How can you not?? she whispered. ?The sand sticks to your palm by itself. It is married to you, eternally.?

Anakin smiled, and kissed her passionately. As always, his quick reflexes and combat abilities were no match to her cutting logic.

Yet, as he lay awake on his wife?s bed, he couldn?t push away his worst fears. The Chosen One might have been powerful enough to save one doomed to death.

But he was not the Chosen One.

~*~*~*~

Master Shaak Ti did no

16. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Hehehe Dooku becoming a thorn in Palps' side? [face_mischief] Good the snippet deserves it! Putting down him like that! [face_laugh]

Aha Obi knows! ;) Loved that bit. Now this is going to be quite interesting what Palps has planned. [face_thinking] Gonna be quite interesting indeed.

17. son-of-kenobi

Jul 16, 2004
    i shall quote anakin...NOOO!!!!!!!!!

somebody save her!!!

18. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Kynstar - Hehe, thanks! :D Yep, Dooku is finally catching on the game played on him. Hehe, yeah, in Stover's book they elaborated more on Obi knowing about those two, so I thought I would bring it out :)

son-of-kenobi - Lol! Thanks for the enthusiasm! It looks like you gave us a demon scroll bar, though [face_devil]

somebody save her!!!

[face_whistling]

(I just love this new posting format!)

19. no_marry_Walker

no_marry_Walker Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2005
    First things:

You still bobill?

Does Yoda ever use the word ?that?? Shouldn?t it be, ?A prophecy . . . misread could have been??
    Ok, now that pointless stuff is over, on to the story:

I love this line; sounds so Star Warsy ? ?I see you have arrived. Though,? Grievous remarked, noting the absence of limbs, ?not all in one piece.?

Does Darth Plageus the Wise exist in the movies?

Hey, so I really like your descriptions, very realistic and amusing and movie-like :) All the plot twists are intriguing so far, can't wait until the good meaty parts start. Until then, we shall meet again for the first time, for the last time.

20. CrystalKenobi

CrystalKenobi Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    great post. those two girls are up to no good. poor padme she is in trouble I think down the road.

I like how you showed the relationship between A/P and how obiwan talks to padme and congrats her on her family telling her he knows about her and anakin.

21. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Hey, no marry Walker, thanks for reading! Whoops, it looks like you caught my booboo... yeah, you're probably right about the yoda thing. Star Warsy? hehe, I guess it's Greivousy... he's so cheeky in the movies. Though he coughs way too much... Remeber the ballet scene, w/ the big bubble? Palpy's all, "Have you ever heard the tragedy of Darth Plageues the Wise?" Yeah, watched the movie like 7 times now... Hehe, thx for the compliments,. Be sure not to marry a Walker, Skye.

Thanks, CrystalKenobi! Hehe, yeah, I thought I should put a bit more Kenobi influence in those two, especially since some good kenobi/padme scenes were cut.

Sigh, new job is taking up much of my time so I shall post soon (but not tonight)

22. no_marry_Walker

no_marry_Walker Jedi Youngling

Jun 14, 2005
    Oh, gotcha! What ballet scene?

You've seen deleted padme/kenobi scenes? Where and how? Cool ;)

You've seen the movie SEVEN times? Liar. More like 17 or 27 times.

That's ok, though... It's who you are...

Hey, I should make the deathstarlookylikey asteroid as my icon, what do you think? Or Ewan in a kilt :(

----signature---- (yes I know that's not how you are suppose to do it)

So life must be painless for bobill then?

23. MaroonRacoon

MaroonRacoon Jedi Youngling

Aug 2, 2003
    Hmm?I seem to have picked up a demon scrollbar. Smite it and give raccoon a cookie! Okay, okay, I?ll be serious now. I have read everything over in one go, so forgive me if my thoughts are disjointed.

Overall, you have a nice, fast-paced writing style. You don?t waste time on too many details and descriptions, which is a plus in fast-moving, action-based writing like this. You?ve also got some pretty clever one-liners (I also like the ?not all in one piece? jab) ?you should challenge jesscuz in a battle of the wits.

I have mixed feelings about Boku?s early death?part of me wishes that you had kept him alive for a while. With Shmi dead (I think?), he could have provided some valuable information/insight into Anakin?s past. An angsty father/son confrontation could?ve added some drama, or even provided an ironic parallel between the Boku-Anakin relationship and the oncoming Anakin-Luke relationship. (Both Anakin and Boku, after all, never really got to be fathers?how would their reactions to their sons after so many years compare, what impact does this have on Anakin?s psychology, esp. when facing down Luke, etc.?) On the other hand, I see how easily stuff like that gets cheesy, in which case killing Boku right off is smarter because it leaves the mystery be.

Hmm, admittedly, I?m most interested in your OCs (I like OCs; what can I say?) Corum and Miak haven?t appeared for a while?I wonder what?s up with them. Both sound like they have interesting pasts. Corum is a self-centered, street-smart kinda guy, I see (did he carry that serum thing with him all through prison without getting caught?). Why does he like Miak so much, though? Miak?s a bit too girly for my tastes (that?s personal preference, though, so I shouldn?t say anything). I still think there should be a sweet, cute one. A sweet, cute boy who plays intense strategy games?okay, okay, mesa done.

Ooh, me likes the tougher, more kickbutt Padmé! Although I?m not too enthusiastic about her stubbornly blind democratic ideals (that?s the char?s fault, though, not yours), it?s nice to see her playing a bigger role here. Is she just talk, though? She makes a lot of protests, but has yet to really do anything substantial. (Hmm?admittedly, this is where I actually admire Anakin a little?he?s crazy, but at least he actively pursues what he believes in instead of just complaining about it)

Yoda rocks, as always. Palpy is a bit too blatantly evil for my tastes, but that?s char interpretation and I can?t fault you for it.

Me likes the deep Anakin angst and wordplay. Love this line: ?Know, Anakin, that you will always be the Chosen One.? Palpatine gazed into Anakin?s eyes. ?Chosen by me.? Yep, I eat that kind of stuff right up. Ooh?and do I detect a hint of slashiness?!

Oi, never mind, the Padme/Anakin love scene negates that. Darn.

So you want to see Padmé/Kenobi scenes, no_marry_walker? Hehe, become an Obidala shipper and join me on my alternative shipping kick. Together, we will rage against canon and rule the galaxy!

24. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Dude, I totally wasn't going to reply to you guys until maybe tomorow (spent the whole day doing frozen disections just to be told that half of my slides won't even work, sigh) but this is too hiliarious to not reply to! Haha, this is what I get when I get my RL friends to read my SW fanfic... [face_love]

no_marry_Walker - Remember the big ball and the ooooeeeeooooeee scene, where Anakin and Palpy have that indepth discussion on Sith philosophy, the one where we thought was an opera? Yeah, turns out to be a Mon Calamari ballet. Little fishies swimming around. And nope, I still haven't gotten my hands on deleted scenes. :( .. it's all speculation from online scripts. And I don't even want to think about how many Naruto episodes you've been watching so hush. :p Haha, you have to use the icons they provide, so sadly, no ewan in a kilt. though you might be able to submit it to fanart, and maybe they would include that... And I'll have you know that life is painful for me! :p

MR - Dude, you posted an in-depth analysis! I <3 you! :* I never get indepth analysises (sp?), and I can never come up w/ a cool indepth analysis for anyone else. Haha, thanks, cousin from Canada... and can't kill the demon scrollbar, sorry. Try copy and paste onto microsoft word.

Fast-paced? o_O Hehe, thanks... sadly, I have not yet mastered the really good writers' techniques on slow, thoughtful peices that really get you dreamy... All I can do is action...

Sigh, sadly, I don't actually have a gift with words. The whole "Chosen by me" thing was a Stover cameo (something like, "You are the Chosen One, Anakin. I chose you!) Didn't feel like citing it though since everyone seems to be quoting Stover these days. In an effort to make Palpy a believable villian with a reason of evilness, I gave him a family-like love (which only to you is slashy) :p . (Also partially Stover's idea, actually; he mentioned Windu, having an attachment to the Republic which made him kind of Dark, so I gave Palpy an attachment to Anakin that would make him evil... though it might be kinda vague.) Making Palpy not-so-evil is actually pretty rare in fanfic, so I had to go cold on this. Yeah, I think I've only read one fanfic so far that gave Palpy an elaborate backstory... and he's only a side charactor in this peice so it's hard to give him too much depth. So, yeah, advice on humanizing him (a not-too-angsty way) would be nice :)

The "not all in one piece" jab was mine, though! [face_dancing] Haha, I still think Jesscuz would winn in that battle though... just cuz she would laugh at us for even suggesting such a battle. :-B

Yeah, I did shorten Boku's term to rid any angsty-ness on father/son reunions. I guess he would have provided good insight... but when it came down to it, I didn't think Anakin really needed to know about the past. Boku (btw did you notice it's from that fruits basket song? [face_mischief] ) is really just meant to be a plot device, I guess... Anakin knows his father is dead, and doesn't really feel like questioning his mother since she obviously doesn't know the importance of the Chosen One legacy. All that really pains him is the implications of the prophesy.

Though I could see a curiosity for his old man developing later on when he has Luke... [face_thinking]

Heh, I had the feeling that most people didn't really like reading OCs so I tried to cut them out as much as possible... so I shall list some background info on the two charactors that got cut... Corum isn't street-smart, just has more experience than Miak. Miak's been in the prison since a young age, and she never really saw the real galaxy... Corum, on the other hand, only got arrested in his late teens or so. Also explains why Corum is so optimistic about escape and Miak kind of doesn't yet think it's possible. And the "guards" aren't cruel jailers who starve and beat their prisoners; they're cold, emotionless droids only interested in keeping their priso

25. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    So, um, this new job is really taking up my time and energy, so this post might kind of suck. Anyways, I shall find free time eventully to post something deep and cool. For now, enjoy.

~*~*~*~
    For Corum, his new life of freedom seemed to bring nothing but changes. After aimlessly traversing the galaxy for the last few days, their ship had started to run out of fuel. Realizing that they were short on supplies, the two finally decided to set down on one of the most notorious hideouts?Mos Eisley.

Upon landing in the outskirts, the two had decided that Corum, the ever-eager explorer, would be the first to see the outside world in their quest for fuel. Miak had firmly planted her bottom on the pilot seat, insisting that someone had to watch over the ship.

The Snivvian?s hopes for a glorious reintroduction to the galaxy were soon tarnished, however, by smoldering heat. No wonder authorities never come here, Corum had thought, brushing his sleeve across his forehead of sweat.

Of course, that wasn?t Mos Eisley?s only notorious quality; Corum?s oversized snout was literally shaking with agitation. A gentle wind was continuously swirling bits of garbage?everything from rotten pits to scrap metal to dirty rags?around the legs of the pedestrians, keeping the smell of sweat and trash mingled in the air.

For all his dreams of escaping Tholatin to see real people again, Corum couldn?t help but be relieved when he managed to duck into a small, dim pub. Business seemed bad for the bartender; the only customers beside himself were a small family of Rodians and a strange, stripped alien.

?Fizzed Gizer,? he had ordered. As the bartender turned away, Corum reached and gently snatched a credit chip from the Rodians? table and popped it onto the counter. No use in wasting money.

He had been happily sipping away on his first alcoholic beverage in three years, contemplating his next move, when the droids burst in, shooting their laser guns wildly.

~*~*~*~

The winds ravaged the desert. Grievous coughed as grains of sand pinched his joints, a few seeping through to attack his plasmid organs. Yet, dispite the discomfort, his yellow eyes gleamed of pride.

Another lightsaber for my collection, he thought, patting his pocket lovingly. It had taken much effort, but after skillful maneuvering and loss of many droids, they had finally managed to sink a bullet through that thick Jedi hide into one of her misshapen lekkus.

Grievous had commanded explicitly that her corpse be placed on his speeder. His wires could only comprehend elation in predicting Dooku?s reaction.

Of course, if the storm continued the way it was, he dared to wonder if he would even make it back to base in ready condition to accept his reward. They had already lost several packs of fuel and supplies, blown off by the harsh wind. If they didn?t find shelter soon, Grievous knew there would only be more damage.

A gust of wind almost knocked him off balance, and Grievous grunted, fighting to regain power over his bike.

?General!? one of his escort droids hummed. ?The Jedi!?

Grievous shielded his eyes, glanced over his shoulder, and cursed. The wind had blown that troublesome alien off his very bike! He started to slow, but the escort droid waved urgently. ?We?re running low on fuel, General! We must keep moving or we?ll never make it to base!?

The Droid Commander groaned. Curse the storm. He looked behind him and sighed. He would just have to give his word that the Jedi was indeed dead, and was now left rotting in the Tatooine dust storm.

Dooku was going to love this.

~*~*~*~

Padmé sat at her vanity, absent-mindedly combing her hair, her mind lost in Obi-wan?s words. I hope you will keep him happy, he had said.

What does that mean? How much does he know?

She sighed, her hand drifting toward a small pendant hanging from her neck. Anakin?s japor snippet. For ten years, she had kept it locked away in a small case at home, beside her father?s amulet. Then, as if sent by the Gods themselves,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.