main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Contingency Theory - ROTS AU (Update 2/26 Finale!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by bobilll, Jun 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Master star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    Um... Master?

I got really lost in there. I liked all the symbolism, I just wished I could have followed it better. I know there are no waterfalls on Coruscant, so that last line was especially strange. :confused:

Like I said, the symbolism was very powerful and deep, but it was very obtuse.

Anyway, I don't think Anakin is going to remain a Jedi for much longer. And... was the "Count", Dooku, by any chance? :D

2. little_miss_jedi

little_miss_jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2005
    I didn't get too lost. It's all starting to unfold. I love the way Miak is progressing.

So Miak finally jumped? Is that the end of her? I'd be sad if it was.:(

good work

3. ANAKINSBABY

ANAKINSBABY Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 27, 2005
    I think I managed to follow that ! At least Padme is still alive but Anakin is still being played the fool. Just goes to prove you can't cure stupid!!

I'm so glad you didn't abandon us or this fic!!

4. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Hey, you replied! So happy... dances around room.

Ok, back to replies:

BoG - Miak's having a flashback to a time when she was on Naboo, and tried to jump over the waterfalls cuz she was traumatized. You're right, lol, she didn't jump over any waterfalls on Coruscant... just, you know, getting knocked out can be quite scary.

Thanks, little_miss_jedi! Nope, Miak's not dead. She's having a flashback to a time when she almost killed herself but didn't, back when she was traumatized. It's a backstory that I didn't elaborate enough on, I guess... so I guess that post there is somewhat compulsive... But nope, she's just knocked out. So nice that you like my OC :)

Anakinsbaby!!! Wow, my old reader returns... this warms my heart greatly. Lol, glad you agree that Anakin's stupid. I never did like that brat. Too many better choices he could have made.

Sorry for being so slow, guys... school just started and I've been running around like a chicken w/ its head cut off.

To go on the theme of traumatized children:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/bellepap/boy.jpg]

5. ANAKINSBABY

Jun 27, 2005
    Oh, I never really left you!!

I do understand the whole running around like a headless chiken thing! Hope things mellow for you.....mostly 'cause I'm selfish and want you to update this story! [:D] to you!

6. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    [:D] AQ :)

HEh, sorry for the delay, peeps. I really wanted this up yesterday, but I was stupid and left my copy at school... anyways, here we go!

~*~*~*~

The temple was under lockdown again.

All gates were locked, all perimeter sensors recharged and recalibrated. The airways were sealed, every molecule of breathable air refiltered and recycled.

Inside, younglings were running from corridor to corridor, eyes wide with fear and uncertainty. The Masters, who had promoted peace and harmony in their halls for over a millennia were nowhere to be found. Nothing was for certain.

For some unexplainable reason, the Jedi were dropping like flies.

It had started in the crèche, where the weakest babies, not yet immunized, started crying more than usual. Their faces were bright red, their bodies feverish. the crèche masters and healers were at a loss for what was happening, and could only meditate in fear and agitation as one by one, the small bodies turned pale and cold.

The padawans were next. They were old enough to coherently voice their fear as a coldness gripped their bodies, making it painful to move and excruciating to breathe. The masters tried quarantine, but the disease, whatever it was, could not be controlled.

The Younglings were dying. The rest knew it was only a matter of time. And Anakin Skywalker, possibly the only Jedi with the power to help them, was lost somewhere in the galaxy.

Mace Windu sat in his council chair, staring at the woman across from him staring back at him with cold apathy, brooding. Meditating? No. There was no peace.

?I told you it would come this way,? Depa said. ?The Jedi will be wiped out within days.?

Mace nodded. ?We are seeing it more and more, I?m afraid.?

The woman cocked her head, her scar glaring at Mace. ?Jedi know no fear,? she said.

Then she laughed. Mace covered his ears, unable to bear that wild, insane sound. But he couldn?t shut it out completely. ?I will fix this, Depa. I promise you, I will not let the Republic die.?

?Jedi have no attachments either, Mace. I?m starting to see you be less like a Jedi every day.?

Mace shook his head. ?I am agitated, but you are near lost.?

?No. You?re wrong.? Mace lowered his hands, a bit taken back by her suddenly controlled tone. ?I am not lost. You are.? Her eyes glittered, and Mace felt that familiar ache in his chest. He pushed it down. ?You will never be sane, Mace.?

You must think I have gone insane. Well, I haven?t. What I have become is far worse.

I have gone sane. There?s nothing more dangerous than a Jedi who has gone sane.

?Go back to your chambers, Depa,? Mace said quietly. Depa obeyed, and Mace did not fail to notice the two necessary Jedi guards he had assigned to tail her?painful reminders of her fall.

You have become the darkness of the jungle.

~*~*~*~

?I assure you, Master Jedi, that our genetic programming could not have possibly produced a mutation of this magnitude carelessly,? Prime Minister Lama Su was saying. ?We were given these blueprints by a Jedi Master himself, so there is a very small chance that he would have allowed any Jedi genocide leak through by our programming.?

Anakin ignored the old alien?s pleas. ?I don?t care what you think, Prime Minister. I want to see the blueprints.?

?Of course,? he regaled. ?I would never think of obstructing them from your viewing. I am only trying to assure you that any mass mutations in programming could not have occurred in our facility.?

Anakin snorted at his presumption. Lama Su bowed his head, but continued. ?But, you know, Jedi Master, that even the finest genetic programming can be altered by certain subtle triggers. I for one have never come across one in my lifetime; Kamino is protected with extreme care to exhibit any. But accidents do happen, and I am very able to believe that one of your own facilities might have??

?We have over a hundred bases, Prime Minister,? Anakin interrupted, nearly growing with anger. ?Are you suggesting we have a trigger in[i

7. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    He didn't need a data pad to know what Order 66 was...­

"S-s-sir...­"

...to know why it was deleted.

"I-I..."

"Don't try to speak. It'll only make it more painful."

The trachea pinched. Bent. Twisted.

"Just let yourselves go. Meet your fate, the same fate you forced on my brothers.

"Die."

The Kaminoans dropped in the ground, their corpses still twitching.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow!

And poor Mace. I never liked him much anyway. :D

Great update!

8. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Oh wow! Talk about heavy posts! [face_worried] Mace listen to her...atleast on this one! Palps be the Sith!

Great updates! [face_dancing] Welcome back too! :D :D

Loving your tale! Keep up the good work! Thanks so much for the PM [:D]

9. ANAKINSBABY

Jun 27, 2005
    :eek: Whoa. Well Mace knows who the sith is now but he's got more serious problems it seems.

Excellent update and thanks for the pm!

10. little_miss_jedi

Aug 6, 2005
    I have gone sane. There?s nothing more dangerous than a Jedi who has gone sane.

did you get that from Shatterpoint, by any chance? I have that book.

great update! So Padme is Miak's aunt? Does that make Miak's mother...Sola?

...but all the Jedi are dying! DO SOMETHING! MAKE THEM BETTER!!!!!

But if it's gonna interfere with the story...perhaps you'd better not...

Will Anakin be affected by this virus too? Or is he somehow safe?

11. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    wow great Posts please keep me on ur PM list!

12. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Hey! I just got back from a hectic week, right into another hectic week... but that's all ok cuz guess what's already pre-written and ready for posting? Hehe, I love drafts...

Anyways...

Thanks, BoG! Hehe, I had some fun dramatizing Anakin's beginning down the Dark Path... Yay, you caught onto the Mace thing! I was worried it'd be too obscure.

Kynstar! So glad you're back! Heh, yeah, Mace is in a bind, isn't he? Should he trust a delusional comatose woman? Is it worth it, accusing a high-ranking official when your Order is dying? Hmmm....

Hehe, yeah, Anakin'sBaby, hard to say what Mace can really do, knowing the knowledge. I always did find it fishy how it took them so long to figure out the Palpy thing, after all that evidence, but I guess once it clicks, it clicks.

little_miss_jedi - Yes, I did :) I love that book... took it w/ me every day to work last summer... I find Stover's writing so original and inspiring! Make them better? Hmm... let's see how that could happen...

Peagis! You returned! Man, I was so worried my old readers wouldn't come back after my... vacation

~*~*~*~*~

?My Lord, the prisoner has arrived.?

?Excellent. Send him in.?

Corum shivered. It wasn?t that his new robes weren?t warm, or lavishly comfortable, or in any ways inadequate. No, for the second time, he was learning that imprisonment could be the greatest experience, if done so in the right hands.

As soon as he had arrived, he was treated to a sonic shower, given another new set of beautiful robes?Republic robes, he had been told?but which nonetheless shone his Doctor?s insignia, and treated to a magnificent feast. All that had been missing was Miak, sitting by his side with her feet propped up, chewing with her mouth and glaring at anyone daring to make eye contact.

And then, had come his summons. His Excellency, they had called him. Supreme Chancellor of the Republic. Leader of the Galaxy.

Corum had gulped. He only too painfully remembered the last time he had been face to face with an important Republic official.

Now, as he followed the red-robed guards into what looked like the most magnificent office he had ever seen, he could do nothing but pray that this Palpatine guy knew nothing of the Senator from Naboo.

?Leave us.?

Corum?s heart soared, and he was about to pivot and rush from the office, when he felt a gnarled hand on his shoulder. He gulped, looked up?

?to see an elderly human face smiling kindly at him. ?Not you, my boy. I want us to speak alone.?

?O-okay,? Corum stuttered. ?Whatever you say.?

The man?s smile widened. ?Good, my friend. Come, stand by me at the window, so we can watch the city together.?

The man walked away, and Corum shrugged, and followed. That wasn?t that bad, anyways.

The Chancellor didn?t say anything at first. He stared out the window, as if in deep thought. Thinking of something besides me, Corum hoped.

?Tell me, dear boy, have you ever heard of the Ancient Order of the Sith?? he asked.

Corum shrugged, and shook his head. ?Can?t say I do, sir. I?m not all that educated, you see.?

?Oh, but you are, indeed,? the man shot back. Corum was a bit taken aback, but decided to hold his tongue. Palpatine smiled. ?You have traveled the galaxy, Corum d?Nym. You?ve learned more about alien anatomy than anyone I have ever known. Why, if it weren?t for your complete lack of Force powers, I would think you would make a most worthy Sith Lord yourself.?

?Oh,? Corum replied lamely. Considering he had no idea what the Sith were, there wasn?t much else he could say. ?Thank you, I guess.?

The Chancellor smiled. ?That was a great compliment I gave you, my child. You see, the Sith Order is made up of the wisest, most powerful creatures of the galaxy. They control many worlds, you see, and one day, they will control the galaxy.?

?Why don?t they control it now, sir??

The man?s face lost its smile, and for a moment Corum thought he was in trouble. It soon became clear, however, that it wasn?t Cor

13. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    Poor Elle. No good deed goes unpunished. [face_devil]

Great update!

14. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    BrentusofGath I was so thinking the same thing! Loved it when Ares said that [face_love] may Kevin Smith rest in peace (not the director but the actor who played Ares on Xena and Hercules).

The newly doctor now realizes juz what has happened. And of course Palps would take advantage of the situation! ;)

Great update :D

15. ANAKINSBABY

Jun 27, 2005
    Well I can't say I didn't see that coming for poor Elle, but I still feel badly for her.

Poor Corum as well! Thought he was helping and he was from a certain point of view, just helping the sith!

16. Peagis

Apr 14, 2005
    Yeah i don't get to come online as much but i try to keep up with all the stories i like and read. Great post by the way, poor Elle i had hoped she would steal the babies and hide them from Sid's if that indeed is our Dark Lord..... maybe it's Tyranus?

17. little_miss_jedi

Aug 6, 2005
    Oh poor Elle. She did good, but she's still gonna get punished...

so corum's the Chosen One? But I thought he didn't have any force powers?

18. Pokey

Pokey Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    I've been so busy that I missed a bunch of really amazing post! Great story.

19. bobilll

Aug 8, 2002
    Ah, I'm falling behind schedule! I try to update every Sunday, but alas, I fail! Sorry if my replies are weak... juggling quite a few essays and college apps these days.

BoG - Thanks! Ooh, Wicked song!

Kynstar - Hmmm... How will he handle this?

Anakin'sBaby - Yeah, these characters do have tragic lives... more about this in this post!

Peagis - Hmm... speculation, speculation... not much I can say! Thanks so much for reading!

little_miss_jedi - Ahh... but does the Chosen One have to be a Jedi? He just needs to bring balance to the Force, right? Hehe, these debates keep me awake at night...

Pokey!! Thanks for joining us again! Glad you're liking this!

So here's yesterday's update... I'm so terribly behind.

~*~*~*~

Corum sat in his bedchamber, looking at the body suit with a glint in his eyes. Palpatine had been here earlier that week and had placed enormous crates of equipment by his bedside. ?I foresee a possible medical revolution, my boy. See what you can make of these.?

And so the boy found himself at the brim of another great project, another task that would test the very limits of his knowledge. He smiled, fixing the nutrition-supplying tubes and auto-oxygenation mechanisms. A person could live here without any worry of illness or starvation, he thought proudly.

He was so busy now, that he didn?t even have time to think of the Jedi anymore. They?re just vermin, anyways, he thought, remembering Palpatine?s teaching.

He was wondering only faintly whether that Jedi Master he and Miak had rescued on Tatooine was any good when the door opened, and what looked like a mutilated corpse was dumped unceremoniously into his room. Two red guards that had been holding the body moved aside, and Corum looked at the Chancellor curiously.

?There was an accident,? the old man rumbled. ?She is still alive. See to it that she revives in one piece.?

?S-sure,? Corum replied, stuttering. As the contingent left, Corum kneeled down to look closer at the body. It seemed to groan, croaking out incoherently.

He winced in pity, then set to work.

~*~*~*~

?Have you succeeded on your quest??

The sullen boy did not look like a boy. His back was crooked, his shoulders slumped in resignation. Dark circles appeared under his eyes, making him look? older. Burned out.

He nodded. Palpatine smiled. ?Excellent.?

?I tracked down an Order, created by a Jedi Master himself? ordering for the massacre of the Jedi.? Anakin slumped to the podocyte stool. ?One of our own, Chancellor.?

Palpatine nodded. ?It is as I have always said. The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way. Or do you not forget how the Sith Order of Old, when grown too large to accommodate itself, destroyed each other??

Anakin nodded. ?Like squabbling babies.?

?Indeed.? Palpatine placed a warm hand on his shoulder. ?That is why I am so fond of you, Anakin. You are different. You are strong, firm.

?You see past the lies of the Jedi.?

Anakin didn?t say anything. He was suffering inside. He had not eaten for days, had not slept for many nights. He was holding up by nothing but his own determination, his own fire, which was slowly dwindling.

The boy craved for fuel. And Palpatine would give it.

?There is another way, Anakin.?

?What other way??

Palpatine frowned. There was no sparkle in his eyes, no eagerness to hear a possible suggestion. ?Anakin, don?t give up. Not yet.?

?Why not?? Anakin asked. ?With all due respect, sir, it?s over! Obi-Wan is dead. Padmé is dead! My child is? dead.?

?But you, son. You are still alive! Anakin, you may not be the Chosen One, but you are still the most powerful Jedi in the galaxy! You can still do wonders, my boy.?

?For what, sir?? He was crying, and wasn?t bothering to hide it now. ?We?ve lost, sir. There?s nothing left to fight for!?

?What would Padmé think of you, if she was alive to hear you say that??

That perked him up. Anakin

20. Kynstar

Mar 2, 2004
    Uh oh... the Count and Grievous better be on their guard!

Poor Anakin :( one has to feel for the guy.

Corum :( is he gone now? Loved that OC!

Elle is gone now? :( hate to see her go, but (pondering here about the potion bit she put on herself, perhaps we'll discover that yet :D maybe it'll mess ole Palpy up! [face_laugh])

21. ANAKINSBABY

Jun 27, 2005
    So Corum is dead?! Ok didn't expect it quite like that. And Elle is really dead this time?? But what about the potion she put on? Does that still matter?
    And poor Anakin...just nothing left to the poor guy.

See how full of questions you've left me!:p

22. BrentusofGath

Aug 12, 2005
    I expect nothing anymore. Bobilll loves playing with us. Corum and Elle could be dead, or they could be alive. I'm waiting for the next post to know for sure.

And Anakin going up against Dooku and Greivous at the same time? :eek: I don't know about that.

Another great post!

23. Peagis

Apr 14, 2005
    Wow great post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

24. little_miss_jedi

Aug 6, 2005
    Elle! No! She was the good one...now Padme's gonna have NO chance of escape....

Poor Ani...nothing left to fight for, indeed...so stop fighting!!!!! Don't do it...you'll become a Sith...

*in her eagerness to warn him runs into a wall, fallimg unconscious.*

25. Pokey

Pokey Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 11, 2002
    Your just killing poeple off left and right. And poor Ani, Palpy is such a jerk always using Anakin's love to make him evil. Great post.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.