main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Continuation (Jaina/Jag)--What's this... a post? Why, yes, yes it is!! 12/23/2002

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Leah-Beth, Jul 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Wonderful post LB! :D

"Not exactly correct, sir," Jag told his father-in-law. "In twenty years, I'll only be 45, not 60, as you are. That's a whole different boat, sir." [face_laugh]

2. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post, LB! :D That last bit about 3PO was great! [face_laugh]

3. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Thank you!! I guess my try at humor was successful, huh?

4. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    ohhh lookie a new story and a new post. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so when do we get more? yeah yeah yeah? LB great start! go read mine. hehe.

5. Hann315

Hann315 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 7, 2002
    That was AWESOME!!!!!!! I LOVED the 3PO part.

~Luv Hann

6. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Everyone seems to be liking the Threepio part. You want to know a secret about that? Come here, come closer. *whispering* I came up with that at the last second. :D

7. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I missed the beginning. [face_shocked] How did I manage that one? Great thus far, Leah-Beth. Keep it up; can't wait for more!

8. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    [face_laugh] I never thought of it that way, but I guess they do owe everything to C3PO. Last minute thoughts are sometimes the best we ever have. ;) Great post LB and I can?t wait to see where you?re going with this story.

9. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Great post, Leah! Sorry that I'm not on to beta all the time; I'm short on time. :)

10. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Great post. :) LOL Force, I can't believe I just thought that. :D

11. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    great post. i agree with A_L. Force, I can't believe I just thought that. :D

12. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    The Hapan royal gardens were beautiful, some of the most beautiful in the galaxy. With their shrubery mazes, hundreds of different species of flowers, and beautiful flutterbugs, it was the favored place of meditation for Ganner Rhysode.

Ganner had only lifed in the palace for a little less than five years, but as soon as he had arrived there, he had made a point to find some place peaceful where he could meditate. The second he saw the gardens, he had fallen in love. He had never seen anything so beautiful in his life, and had gone there everyday to meditate.

It was in these gardens that he had asked Tenel Ka to be his wife, where she had accepted his proposal. And it was here where their wedding would take place in a month's time.

I still can't believe that she said yes, Ganner thought. She's royalty. She could have any man she wanted, and she said yes to me! I must be one of the luckiest men in the galaxy.

Watching as workers transformed his favorite meditation spot into a beautiful flowered arch for the ceremony, Ganner couldn't help but feel a little nervous. It didn't help his nervousness that a conversation he had had with Tenel Ka kept running through his mind.

"My father and step-mother are insisting on a grand wedding, fitting for a princess of the royal house," she told him one night when they were alone after dinner.

"But I thought we had all agreed that we wanted a small wedding," Ganner said. "Your father and Elyrisa both agreed that we could have a small private ceremony without there being hundreds of people we don't know there."

"They say that we can have both."

"How?"

"They say," she began slowly, "that we can have a small ceremony the night before the large wedding. All of our friends can be there, and we can go through the marriage of the mind at that time. No one would need to know that we would already be married at the other ceremony." She paused before continuing in a stronger voice. "I would like to do it that way. I think it would be the best way."

And so he had agreed. Ganner had never been able to say no to Tenel Ka, and he probably never would be able to. Not that I would ever want to, he thought. I would give her the whole galaxy if she wanted it, and if I could.

Feeling a familiar presence come up beside him, Ganner turned and saw Tenel Ka. She was dressed in a court gown, with her hair done up in elaborate braids around her head. The fact that she didn't even come up to his shoulder in height didn't detract from her beauty one bit.

"Hello, beautiful," he said, bending down to give her a quick kiss. He relished the feel of her lips on his, and didn't want to pull away, but also didn't want to start something out in the open, with the workers so close-by.

"Good afternoon, my love," she returned, slipping her arm through his. She looked over the work already done on the arch. "I see they're almost done with the arch. Next, they'll start on trying to fit seats in the graden without destroying any of the shrubery or flowers."

"That's going to be difficult," Ganner stated, looking out around them at all of the flowers. "That's what's going to take them a month to do."

For a long moment, neither one spoke, just content to be in the other's presence. Finally, Tenel Ka broke the silence. "My step-mother wishes to see us," she told him. "That is why I came out here."

"Do you know why she wantes to see us?" Ganner asked. He was worried, or scared of his future mother-in-law, but only curious as to her reasons.

"Yes."

"Well..." he prompted after Tenel Ka offered no more information.

"She wants to speak to us about the possiblity of heirs," she said in a rush. "The last daughter she had was still-born. She is not sure the child she is carrying now will be born alive. She wants to know what the chances are of my taking the throne after she passes on or abdicates. She wants to know if we would be willing to provide heirs."

"She told you all of this?" Ganner wondered aloud.

"No," Tenel Ka admitted. "I k

13. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Poor TK! She is so worried about having kids and she should have no problems. I hope that's not foreshadowing LB. ;)

Great post! :D I really like this romance between Ganner and TK. Without this story I would never have pictured it, but I can definitely see it now.

14. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Hmmm... foreshadowing [face_devil]

That's all I have to say about that, Goddess.

[face_devil]

15. Saber-of-Light

Saber-of-Light Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Aww...and what's with the foreshadowing? More angst? :p

16. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Foreshadowing, are we? While for Tenel Ka and Ganner's sakes, I hope not, it might make for an interesting plotline...

As always, great post!

17. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post, LB! :D

18. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Great post LB! :D

19. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    nice one LB, keep it going. ill be back i promise. i ahve yet to check my fic . . .

20. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    great post! i can't wait for more!!

21. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Thanks for all the feedback guys!! I'll try to have another post out tomorrow. (I have no life, as you can probably tell. ;))

Anyways, thanks again!! :D

22. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
  23. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    You portrayal of Tenel Ka's fears showed perception and great intuition. KUDOS

24. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Thank you for the kudo, Lelila!

Guys, I have a confession. Darth Writer's Block has taken over my mind. I am totally blocked as to what to do next. I hate it that I can't think of anything. If any of you have any ideas whatsoever, PM me them. I would appreciate any help I can get.

Thank you all!!

25. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Whew! Finally caught up. Excellent ending to Falling and Fallen, and same goes for the beginning of this one. More soon? (takes lightsabre and helps defend against DWB)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.