main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Continuation (Jaina/Jag)--What's this... a post? Why, yes, yes it is!! 12/23/2002

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Leah-Beth, Jul 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Hey, sorry about the delay with the post guys. It's been a pretty bad week, with everything piling up on me and our winter band concert tonight.

I'm still fighting a fierce battle with DWB. It's a deadlock right now. I have ideas, but I can't figure out how to get them down on virtual paper. But I'm not going to give up.

I'll be out of town tomorrow, so there definitely won't be a post then, but I can try for Sunday sometime. I think I'll just start writing, and whatever comes to me, I'll put up. That way, you guys can get something to read. I would try tonight, but the new episode Taken starts on Sci-Fi channel in a half hour.

So, yeah, there's my little update for you. See ya later!!

~Leah~

2. starkrusher

starkrusher Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2002
    So? Do we get more tonight? You could just write something very happy (like a cure for Jaina) and we would all be thrilled!

3. collywolly

collywolly Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 22, 2002
  4. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    L-B? Please say someone hasn't harmed you in any way. I wanted to be the perfect bodyguard!!!!

Please post or something soon. Or just check in or something. We miss you!

5. starkrusher

Sep 4, 2002
    Yes, yes, we miss you. Please come back!

6. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Guys, I am soooooo sorry about not putting anything up in forever. I just got caught up in school and Christmas and everything else going on. Now that finals are done, and it's winter break, I'll be concentrating on this more than I have. I know I've seriously neglected the boards as of late, but I will try to rectify the situation starting Monday. I'll work a post out on paper and then get it up Monday for y'all.

I'm so sorry again!!

~Leah~

EDIT:
    I know most of you have probably already heard about it, but the Winter 2002 Fanfiction Awards are going on. It's a great way to get involved with more stories. I hope you go vote!!

7. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    awesome! post monday!

8. Jedida

Aug 3, 2002
    yea! L-B is back! woohoo!!!! :D :D :D

9. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Happy Holidays everyone!! I hope you're all having a wonderful holiday season and enjoying a break from school/work.

Now that that's over with, I suppose I can get to the post that's over a month late in coming. [face_blush] Whoops! Anyways, here goes:

"I've done everything that I medically can. There's nothing else that can be done, but wait, and hope that you and you son can help him recover."

Mara looked from Cilghal to her husband, lying sedated on the medward bed. He looked so peaceful, all the years having fallen off his face. Aside from the scars, he looked like he could have just come off his family's farm on Tatooine.

He's as handsome as ever, she thought, but he's so troubled. What in the name of the Force posessed him to try and kill Valin?

"Thank you for your help, Cilghal," Mara said, turning to look back up at the healer. "I'm sure Luke'll be fine soon."

"Yes, I'm sure," the Mon Cal repeated unconvincingly before turning and leaving the room. Mara continued to stare at the closed door until she felt Cilghal leave the medward.

She doesn't have any hope that you'll recover, Mara sent to her husband through their bond. But then why should she? Raynar seems to be recovering, but he's the only one. No one else is expected to recover. Jaina's barely holding on, and the only reason she's still doing that is for the baby. Valin's condition hasn't changed since he was brought in.

Mara bowed her head and sighed, leaning her forehead against Luke's chest. Her family was falling apart at the seams. She didn't know if she'd be able to handle it much longer. All the pain and suffering happening on Yavin 4 was overwhelming. Too much was happening all at the same time.

This is no place for a child, with everything that's going on lately. Do I really want to keep Ben here? she wondered. Han and Leia would more than willingly take care of her son for a while. They loved him with all their hearts.

"But I don't know if I could go on without Ben here," she murmured quietly.

But it's not safe for him here, a voice in her head argued. Could you keep him here at his risk, just to make yourself feel better?

"No... no, I could never do that," she said quietly. "I have to let him go. I can't keep him here, if he could get hurt."

Then let him go. And have the rest of the children go, too. It's not safe here for any of them.

"Jag would let the twins go. He doesn't have time to care for them, since Jaina's gotten sick. Kam and Tionne would probably let Mekira go with them. They have to understand that it's not safe for them here any more."

They'll understand. They're just as worried for Mekira as you are for Ben.

"So that's it, then," Mara said quietly to herself, sitting up straight in her chair. She looked down at Luke and gently brushed a stray piece of hair off his forehead. Leaning down, she brushed a kiss across his brow before standing and turning her back on him. Haltingly, she left the room and closed the door behind herself.

Now, with more confidence, she turned and walked down the hall, intent on getting to her and Luke's suite and packing some things for Ben. In mid-step, though, a thought hit her: Who can take the children to Courscant? The ex-assassin almost stumbled as this thought hit her out of nowhere. She reached a hand out to steady herself against the door that was at her side. It was a point that she hadn't had time to contemplate, but was vitally important.

It was too much trouble to have Han and Leia go out to Yavin 4, just to go back to Courscant, with Leia being busy running to government. There was no one on the moon that would leave to drop the children off on Courscant. If the Jedi academy had been moved in, then it wouldn't have been a problem, but the students and all the teachers were still at the base in the Maw. There was no one who could take them to Courscant. It was almost enough to make her despair.

Mara looked up at the door she was leanin

10. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Ooh, a post, L-B! You did a great job with Mara's emotions in this scene. I feel so sorry for everyone, especially those who aren't sick/dying--they're the ones truly affected by the chaos around them. And we have a bit of foreshadowing going on here? Hmm...the plot thickens...

I've had a bit of experience with Darth Real Life and Darth Holiday Season myself, so you've got my sympathy on both those counts. I hope you have a safe and wonderful holiday. :)

Keep up the good work!

11. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Yay, I've finally hit my 1000th post!! I'm very, very, very happy!!

Xaara: Thank you very much!! And you're right, it's the people that are healthy that are suffering the most. Foreshadowing.... I don't know anything about that.... [face_devil] Happy Holidays to you, too!!

12. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    Merry Christmas

WOW great post.

~Lelila~

13. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Thanks, Lelila!!

Hmm... Either the rest of my readers are all away for the holidays, or they've just forgotten about this during my long absence. I hope it's the former, but I wouldn't be surprised at the latter. So, hoping to alleviate this problem, I shall do something that I usually try not to do. *deep breath*

UP!

*another deep breath, then sigh* Glad that's over with... :p

~Leah~

14. starkrusher

Sep 4, 2002
    She posted! Wooohoooo! Thanks LB! So very good. Love Mara's stuggle. She should definitely have listened to her overprotective, irrational thoughts. *sigh* would it be too much to ask for another post any time soon? Please...?

15. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Yay! A new post! Melikes, melikes, melikes!!! It's okay that we had to wait for it. I'd rather have you happy with the post.

16. Jedi_jainafel

Jedi_jainafel Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 5, 2002
    Really good insight into her emotions and her mind.

Only later would she realize that she should have listened to her 'irrational, overprotective, mother feelings.' It would have saved her, and her family, a lot of heartache and pain.

Thats doesnt sound good when do we get to find out?

JJF

17. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Yay, you don't all hate me!! *relieved sigh*

starkrusher: No problem. And thanks to you, too. ;) I'm trying to work the next post out in my head, so I would say: expect a post within the next week sometime, probably before the new year. :)

Zara: You like it? Hmmm, I couldn't really tell... :p I'm not exactly thrilled with the previous post, but it got the story where it needs to go, so I guess I'm happy with it.

JJF: Thank you so very much! You'll find out what that means.... eventually. :p I haven't quite decided how long it's going to be until I bring the major conflict into the story, so expect anything, at any time. [face_devil]

See y'all around!!

~Leah~

18. starkrusher

Sep 4, 2002
    You haven't brought the major conflict yet? If this is just the minor conflict I am really really scared for all charcters unfortunate enough to have LB writing them. Poor everyone in this story! They are all going to be killed or seriously screwed with. Please, please be nice. Yeah, like that's going to happen. LB just about rules the land of angst!

19. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    I did say that, didn't I? I'm not planning on killing or seriously injuring all of the major characters. Just some. [face_devil] *insert Palpatine-esque cackle here*

Ahem... *watches everyone glare evilly at me* Sorry 'bout that folks. It will get worse, not too much worse for some, but way for others.

And that's all I'm going to say about that. I can't go giving away all of my plot points, now can I?

~Leah~

20. Jedida

Aug 3, 2002
    Hey L-B! I'm sorry I've been away so long, what with the holidays and all. I hope you've been safe without your bodyguard :D

Great post! Another sad, ominous, depressing one... but great! Just... please don't kill anyone, okay? Especially Jaina's baby!

<insert plug>...I'd also like to add that I finally updated Saven and I will be updating Destiny sometime this evening too. Sorry about the plug, L-B. I hope you don't mind! :D </plug>

more soon L-B! I can't stand the suspence!

21. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Jaina-Solo-Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2002
    I like this story a lot and I was hoping that you could put up a postie soon. :) Up

22. Jaina-Solo-Fel13

Jaina-Solo-Fel13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2002
    LB, Jedida said that I should ask you how she became ur bodygaurd. So here I am asking. Please, please, please answer me soon. I won't be able to bear it if I don't know soon! Of course, I could always ask her. ;)

Still love the story!

UP!

23. Jedida

Aug 3, 2002
    uppers! L-B where are you?

24. Jedida

Aug 3, 2002
  25. Jedida

Aug 3, 2002
    has anyone seen L-B? where has she gone?!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.