main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Continuation (Jaina/Jag)--What's this... a post? Why, yes, yes it is!! 12/23/2002

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Leah-Beth, Jul 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Aww.. That was a really sweet post, LB. I like your Jacen and Tahiri as a couple, I think I've said that before.

2. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    That was almost a bittersweet post LB. After all, not everyone can come back from the dead. The Jacen/Tahiri interaction was very beautiful. Great post! :D

3. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
  4. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Thanks everyone!! I just thought I'd let you know now that I start school tomorrow, so updates are going to be more sporadic than usual. I'm in all honors classes, so I'm gonna have a lot of homework, and not a lot of time to write, but I'll try to get something out when I have the time between homework and soccer.

Wow, I finally figured out how to get the colors to work right! ;)

5. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Nice colors LB. ;)

Trust me, I feel your pain. Have you already got your schedule, or is your school stupid like mine and not hand them out until halfway through first period?

6. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    I got it two weeks ago at registration. I'm hoping I don't have any trouble in my classes, but I shouldn't. I'm tied for first in my class, but that's nothing spectacular. Going to a hick school, anyone can be in first place. ;)

Well, dearies, I gotta jet. My pappa wants on, before his head blows up from his migrane. See y'all whenever I get the chance to get back on!! ;)

7. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Well everyone, not to dump my personal life on y'all, but I had a really bad day at school and soccer, but I will try to get a post out soon. Hopefully, my mind will cooperate, and I'll get something good out. If not, well, then you get a bad post. But, enough of my blabbering. I'll go work on the post now.

8. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Aww...cute! I can't believe I've never seen this story before! I love it!

9. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Thank you Jedida. But, when the story's over, I can assure you, you won't think it's cute. [face_devil] *evil cackle*

Ahem. Sorry about that. Now that I'm done with my Palpatine impression, I'll go work on the post.

10. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    I don't have a copy of SbS, so some of the details in this post might be a little off. I apologize for this in advance.

Jaina watched as Telki slowly brought Raynar out of the healing trance that she had put him in. Conflicting feelings swan through her mind as she watched her old friend slowly awaken.

Of course, she had been thrilled when he had been found. But they had no way to know that this man wasn't a clone of Raynar's. They had no way of knowing that the Vong hadn't captured him at some point in the war and experimented on him. They had no idea of what his loyalties were.

But, she was angry at him. It was an irrational anger. Raynar had done nothing to merit her anger. Well, if you counted being alive, then he had done something to make her angry.

Jaina didn't wish him dead; she would never wish any of her old friends dead. It took her a moment, but she finally realized why this bothered her. Raynar had come back from the dead, but Anakin never would. He was dead. His body had been burned in a dignified manner on Hapes. He was gone forever, but Raynar, whom everyone had thought dead, was back, and alive.

A groan from Raynar eliminated any furthur attempt at thought on the issue. Jaina turned her mind away from the past, and to the task at hand.

Master Skywalker had agreed with her that the only way to tell if 'Raynar' wasn't a clone was to question him, while probing his mind. They had also agreed that someone who knew Raynar well should do the questioning.

Jaina really didn't want to dig into this man's mind without his permission. It was an invation of privacy. It also bothered her that doing so was dancing on the line between Light and Dark. She had crossed that line once before, after Anakin's death; she had no desire to visit again.

I wish Jacen were here, she thought. He wouldn't like it anymore than I do, but at least then, I wouldn't have to do it. Actually, Jaina wished that Tenel Ka, Zekk, or Lowie were in her place at that moment. I really do not want to do this. Why did I ever agree to do this?

She already knew the answer, of course. She had agreed because she was the only one who could do this, without totally alienating Raynar. They had been in the battle meld on the worldship together. They had shared their grief over lost friends. They had a shared lineage from Alderaan. He could forgive her. The same could not be said for the others present on Yavin 4.

Telki looked at Jaina imploringly. She nodded at the little Chanda Fan, who quickly exited the exam room. Jaina stood up and quickly took the spot that the healer had just vacated beside the bed. She resisted the urge to grab Raynar's hand and help him rise to consciousness. She needed to keep her feelings out of it if she was going to be able to do her job.

After a long moment, Raynar groaned again, and his blue eyes slowly came open. He looked around his surroundings for a minuted before his eyes landed on Jaina. He studied her for a moment before recognition flashed in his eyes. Jaina knew at that instant that this man was Raynar. She didn't know how she knew it, but she knew it. This wasn't a clone.

"Jaina?" His voice was rough and scratchy, but Jaina couldn't tell whether it was because he just woke up, or if that's what his voice sounded like now.

"Yeah, it's me," she replied quietly. "How are you feeling?"

"Like I just got run over by the Errant Venture," he replied, a slight smile tugging at the corners of his mouth. After a second, though, the smile turned to a frown. "Jaina, I have important information that you need to know about."

"Hush," she said, finally reaching out and grasping his hand. "You're still not fully healed yet. Can this information wait a few days?"

He thought for a moment before answering. "Only a few days," he said seriously.

"Good," Jaina told him, smiling.

"A few years ago, you would have demanded that information from me," Raynar said. "What's gotten you to change?"

"My twins," she replied

11. Jedida

Aug 3, 2002
    This post was great, but why do I not like that evil cackle of yours? You better not kill Jag! I'll build a lightsaber and come after you myself!

12. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Killing Jag is not on my agenda, believe me! I love Jag as much as the next woman. Actually, I haven't planned any deaths for this fic yet. Wait... I got one! [face_devil] Mwahahaha!!!

13. Jedida

Aug 3, 2002
    No deaths! Deaths are bad! Unless they're stupid people like Danni Quee (I don't know why, I just don't really like her).

14. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    No, not Danni. She's not even in this story. :p But, no more hints. I won't have this one guessed until it comes up in the story. Not like the Traitor in FandF.

15. Jedida

Aug 3, 2002
    You promise she won't be in this story? Yea! :) . And I promise I won't guess. I hate when people do that!

16. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    I only had, I think, two people actually put a guess up in the thread, but still, people were always saying, "I think I know who the Traitor is!" It got a little annoying.

Oh, and just to let you know, I am very wishy washy, so I might let everyone live. It just depends on my mood when I write the post.

17. Jedida

Aug 3, 2002
    Personally I like the whole "pretend they're dead and bring them back later" sort of thing. Like that book Candide we had to read for English. I was expecting at Anakin's funeral for him to like stand up and be like "hey guys, what's up?" I still am, actually... :D

18. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    I think a lot of people are, Jedida. :D

19. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post, LB ! :D

20. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Thanks, Jade!! Hey, are you having fun with the colors? :p

21. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    Yes I am :p

22. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    I had fun with colors for a while, but then I decided it was a little too much work to do all the time. I only do it with special things now.

23. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    That's how I am.. Only special things, though I seem to have gotten into the habit of at least doing names (unless I don't feel like it :p ) I also use colors if I'm bored :p

24. Leah-Beth

Jun 6, 2002
    Same here, Jade.

25. Jade243

Mar 31, 2002
    The other day, I faded from white to black through the blue spectrum.. :p That's how bored I was :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.