main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Continuing Legends

Discussion in 'Literature' started by adve, Jan 3, 2017.

?

Favorite EU material?

1. Shadows of the Empire(all of it)

7.1%
  2. New Jedi Order

28.6%
  3. KOTOR/KOTOR 2

57.1%
  4. SWTOR

7.1%
  5. X-wing

14.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    I am a die-hard Expanded Universe fan and would like to see its timeline continued. I'm not begging for it to be made canon again, and I don't think it will likely happen (but if it was, that would be awesome).

I'm afraid we don't allow "favourites threads". If you want to have a general discussion about the potential for continuing Legends, please do so in our catch-all "The Great River / Should there be new legends stories" thread. Thanks! - Uli

2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    I wish it would be continued, the ST abolished and movies made from HTTE to Legacy. I want every plotline concluded and all brought to conclusion.

I want...

Daneira likes this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Just give me a list of their ideas from Crucible to the Legacy comics and whatever else they wanted to do Legacy comic-wise onwards, and I will make my own timeline.

4. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Well I honestly hope they won´t contniue legdens, because they would either continue the Denningverse or even worse Disneyfy it.
    I think Ledgends was becoming worse and worse since TUF and I don´t think that would have changed if they had continued it.
    Don´t get me wrong I love the old EU but I would prefer it being left in peace than continued unfaithfully.

On a sidenote, I don´t think you could have made movies of the old EU, a TV series maybe but even that would require a lot work.

Noash_Retrac likes this.
  5. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    I found trailers on Youtube for an EU movie(fanmade) and a LOTF fan movie, and it was incredible. Better than Rogue One.

6. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015

I have seen that and while yes it was good for a fan film but you are definitely looking at it through some tinted glasses if you think it was better than Rogue One or virtually any theatrical release. The acting and writing was absolutely attrocious on it if you try to compare it to things you see in theaters.

7. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    For what it is worth, the end of Star Wars Legacy part 2 DID conclude its own story and leave the galaxy at a sort of Sithless peace. It was rushed, but the timeline did get an ending.

The problem is there's a big fat lot of things we don't know about happening between Crucible and Legacy that would've been nice to have explained.

Also, don't forget that TOR is still ongoing.

spicer likes this.
  8. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    Well,yeah, SWTOR is going, but I would like to see some more stuff not from that time period. I want a comic that focuses on the One Sith when Talon,Maladi,Nihl, and so on were apprentices and how the one sith grew over the years.

9. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    What is denningverse?

10. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    The costumes are better than some in Rogue One (Vader for example). Anyway, the trailers for the EU are very good. Someone did a CGI (or something) Eclipse-class star destroyer that was at least film quality if not better.

11. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    The Ledgends novels after NJO under the lead of Troy Denning.
    When the old EU became worse.

12. adve

adve Jedi Master star 3

Nov 23, 2016
    Post-NJO novels. The period was dominated by authors like Golden, Denning(hence the name), Traviss, and Allston. Basically,the authors that put readers to sleep. The same ideas and plotlines with Luceno, Zahn, Salvatore, hell even Drew Karpy**** writing would have made it worlds better. FOTJ was poorly handled.

13. Rax

Rax Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2015
    Oh, the legacy era stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.