main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Continuity for Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by RONDC20, May 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RONDC20

RONDC20 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 10, 2001

Does anyone know if the continuity from the 2D Genndy Tartakovsky will stay intact, Meaning will this new series be in continuity with the 2D one? Or will they just throw that continuity out? I hope not.

2. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    What, this continuity, you mean? [face_laugh]

*ahem* To answer your question, I don't think they'll throw it out the window, because a lot of the CW:GT plot interacted with existing events in the comics, novels, games etc. But each new entry into the canon throws a new ret-con opportunity at us ;)

3. RONDC20

RONDC20 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 10, 2001

Ok thanks... That first remark seemed a little patronizing. I hope Im wrong.

4. Blackout

Blackout Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2000
    Not patronising to yourself, no.

Mabe to GT and his mates, who had a hard time retaining continuity within the show itself, never mind with external sources ;)
    But as I said in the link above, I still love it.

5. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Rond20- I wouldn't worry, your going to be okay. They are doing the show with continuity in mind. Their might be a thing or two off, but expect things to mesh in

6. darth_nemisis

darth_nemisis Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 2004
    Yep...I am pretty sure they wouldn't just throw it out the window. Like they said, those events that occured within the old Clone Wars coincided with events that occurred in novels, comics and even RotS (the kidnapping of Palps). I am not expert on this subject (I am sure no one except those involved are), and I am only going on speculation and guesses here, but I wouldn't be surprised if they re-did some of the events that occurred in the old 2D cartoons. It would make them more interesting.

7. Prequel_Dreamer

Prequel_Dreamer Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 28, 2004
    I wouldn't be surprised if they did anothe Clone Wars feature that remade the big battle of Coruscant from GT's Clone War series. Heck, even GT's BoC was different than James Luceno's novel Labrynth of Evil so it wouldn't surprise me one bit to see them do another take on it later on.

8. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Yeah, I could see that happening. Although, we most likely will not see the Battle of Coruscant until much, much later on. I could see that being either the series finale or in the last season.

9. Tyi-Maet_Nefer

Tyi-Maet_Nefer Jedi Master star 6

Jun 17, 2005
    The fact that they're using Asajj Ventress shows that at least they've using some things from already established non-movie continuity.

;)

It would be interesting once it begins to point out where things clash, or, more importantly, to see how it mixes with things already out there. That'd be great.

10. darth_nemisis

May 15, 2004
    Yes, that will be a most interesting topic to discuss. Should be a pretty active thread, I'd imagine.

11. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Actually, assuming Ahsoka isn't killed in the war proper, I suspect that if this series does end with anotehr depiction of the Battle of Coruscant, that we'll get her POV and actions during the battle, so as not to conflict with the existing POVs of what Mace, Yoda, Saesee, Foul, Roron, Shaak Ti, Stass, Padme, Bail, Grievous, etc were doing during it as depicted in other sources.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.