main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Continuity in AOTC

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by PreadoriteVong, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Nope. Also a bit odd that no Geonosian scientists or any scientists appear on Geonosis during AotC. Are we to believe that Poggle designed those plans himself?

Touche.

The Techno Union and Trade Federation seem like competent candidates to lend a helping hand. :D

2. Nichos_Marr

Nichos_Marr Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    The Techno Union and Trade Federation seem like competent candidates to lend a helping hand.

Not to mention the funding of the project would come from the Commerce Guild.

On the matter of Bevel Lemelisk. I believe the NEGTC said that at the time of AotC he was working with the Geonosians on their various war machines. At this point, the Geonosians would be a part of the Seperatist movement. Lemelisk was probably hired by one of the various organizations that were supporting the seperatists. Or he could have been hired by the Seperatists/Geonosians himself.

3. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Everything post ROTJ is EU, therefore it is not taken as fact, period.

4. Imperial_Guard

Jun 13, 2002
    On the matter of Bevel Lemelisk. I believe the NEGTC said that at the time of AotC he was working with the Geonosians on their various war machines. At this point, the Geonosians would be a part of the Seperatist movement. Lemelisk was probably hired by one of the various organizations that were supporting the seperatists. Or he could have been hired by the Seperatists/Geonosians himself.

I think it would rock the world of purists and completists alike if Episode III revealed that the Ewoks were somehow involved. Don't ask me how that would make sense, because it wouldn't. 8-}

5. Nichos_Marr

Oct 26, 2001
    I think it would rock the world of purists and completists alike if Episode III revealed that the Ewoks were somehow involved. Don't ask me how that would make sense, because it wouldn't.

That wouldn't be a bad idea. The Ewoks don't get paid or any recognition for their work on the Death Star design. That would explain why they were so angry at the Imperials in Return of the Jedi. :p

6. Ooryl Qyrgg

Ooryl Qyrgg Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2000
    Tounges firmly planted in the cheeks is the best method it seems...

7. zeva

zeva Jedi Youngling star 2

May 19, 2002
    This is all irrelevant. Can we just get along? Who cares if the Genosians do not look like they could design the Death Star? Let us all enjoy what we all enjoy and whatever makes us happy.

BTW, Films are canon. EU is voodoo!!

8. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    You just couldn't let it go, could you? :p

As to Tim Zhan, Lucas never told him to change the dates in 1990-91. He just told him to change the clone of Obi-wan to Joruus C'boath and the Sith to Norghi. That was all. It wasn't Zhan's fault, it was Lucas for changing his mind later. Zhan kept his word not to go into detail.

9. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Not trying to start an argument or anything, but I've been curious about this one. What is the fix for Boba Fett being both an unaltered clone of Jango from Kamino and Journeyman Jaster Mereel from Concord Dawn?

10. Imperial_Guard

Jun 13, 2002
    Yeah, now that Boba Fett has come up, I was actually wondering about the whole Mandalorian deal and whether it has become null and void. The OT visual dictionary (which predates the TPM and AOTC one respectivey) mentioned the armor as being Mandalorian on Boba Fett's page but I don't have the AOTC one yet.

11. Nichos_Marr

Oct 26, 2001

As to Tim Zhan, Lucas never told him to change the dates in 1990-91. He just told him to change the clone of Obi-wan to Joruus C'boath and the Sith to Norghi. That was all. It wasn't Zhan's fault, it was Lucas for changing his mind later. Zhan kept his word not to go into detail.

Lucasfilm Limited told Zahn to leave the Clone Wars alone, and Zahn still added the dates in his novels.

What is the fix for Boba Fett being both an unaltered clone of Jango from Kamino and Journeyman Jaster Mereel from Concord Dawn?

The Mandalorian storyline hasn't been ditched at all. I don't know the full story on this one, but it goes like this...

Jango Fett wasn't originally a Mandalorian. He was orphaned by a Mandalorian warrior named Jaster Mereel who was later killed by a fellow hunter named Montross. At this point, Jango Fett took Jaster's armor and held a private vendetta against Montross. I think Montross and Jango is basically the storyline for the upcoming game "The Bounty Hunter."

So after Jango dies, Boba finds his way back to Slave I. Now presumably, he finds Jaster Mereel's armor locked away somewhere and decides to take up the family business of Bounty Hunting. He adopts the armor as his own and begins to bounty hunt. Because he was wearing Jaster's armor, people actually believed that he was Jaster Mereel, Mandalorian hunter. For certain missions, or when dealing with certain people, he would actually adopt the identity of Jaster Mereel among other aliases.

Now about Concord Dawn, I'm not sure. Dan Wallace, continuity editor said that was going to be touched upon in the future. IMO, Boba Fett really was on Concord Dawn under the name Jaster Mereel before he became a Bounty Hunter. Only time will tell, I guess...

Also the Mandalorian Commandos in the original Marvel series might make an appearance in the ongoing series Republic that deals with the Clone Wars.

Hope that helps...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.