main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Continuity with the special effects = NONE!

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by hawk, Sep 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RogueTrader

RogueTrader Jedi Master star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    >>>problem is when lucas does things like make greedo shoot first... that starts to change the story and the nature of the characters.<<<

You got me there. I did not like that particular update... at all. Not only was the change odd, it wasn't even pulled off well IMO. But updates like the Yavin battle were great.

And I'm honestly surprised you're not getting the movie. All the other bashers I've asked are buying it. At least you stand by your views in your hatred towards the film. But then again, you still hang out here in the AOTC forum all the time.

Do you love to hate? [face_laugh]

2. yodaschum

yodaschum Jedi Padawan star 4

May 9, 2002
    I don't HATE AOTC. I just thought there are too many scenes and too much time wasted on "talky" scenes that are of no value whatsoever interspliced with dreadful editing. If you look at the film logically, there is alot of stuff that just plain sucks. Some of the visuals were good, even though the "clone wars" at the end looked like Final Fantasy X on my PS2.

3. Go-Mer-Tonic

Go-Mer-Tonic Jedi Youngling star 6

Aug 22, 1999
    So the exposition (story) was getting in the way of the effects in your opinion?

4. yodaschum

May 9, 2002
    No, the relatively bad direction, camerwork and editing was getting in the way of my enjoyment. But most of all, the biggest failure of AOTC was its inability to make the audience believe that what it was seeing was real - "suspension of disbelief".

5. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    I didn't see any problem with the direction, camerawork, or editing. TPM and AOTC had no trouble suspending my disbelief.

Maybe some people have a tougher time believing.

6. yodaschum

May 9, 2002
    Well, I guess I need to go home and re-think my life, Gomer.

7. force_storm663

force_storm663 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 4, 2002
    Re-think your life? Jesus Christ dude. He made a comment, don't go overboard.

Get a grip!

8. Darth_Tarpals

Darth_Tarpals Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    problem is when lucas does things like make greedo shoot first... that starts to change the story and the nature of the characters.

You CANNOT tell me one shot will change Han Solo's entire character. It's three seconds, in one film. All these bashers, they make it seem like it's an act of satan himself to put, ohmigosh, WINDOWS on a CITY IN THE CLOUDS. You can't hate the special editions because of the effects, because believe it or not, the original story is still there. The effects dont' change the focus of the movie, at all. I appologize if that sounded a little ranty, but I just had to get it out of my system.

9. RogueTrader

Feb 7, 2002
    There's nothing wrong with disliking these movies. But when that "dislike" is treated like painful wounds that can't seem to heal... (It's day 171 since the movie has been released and I've been complaining ever since.)

Yodaschum, at least you liked some parts of AOTC and you're willing to admit it. That's cool. ;)

10. RogueTrader

Feb 7, 2002
    Darth_Tarpals, that's pretty close to the mark. :)

Who says Han is a wuss now that Greedo shoots first? I want a show of hands! Who thinks Han is a different character now?!!!

11. Darth-Schwartz

Darth-Schwartz Jedi Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    oh and the clone weaponry resembles ot stuff (the walkers)

people who complain for 171 days have a bigger problem than just "not liking a movie".

12. The_Abstract

The_Abstract Jedi Master star 4

Jul 16, 2002

"I....I don't believe it."

"That is why you fail."

[face_plain]

13. Darth_Tarpals

Darth_Tarpals Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    I for one believe the clone weaponry is much less advanced than the stormtroopers. I mean look at that big heavy rifle. What does it do? The same thing that the smaller ones the ST's have.

14. HotsForTahiri78

HotsForTahiri78 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    WHAT WAS I THINKING?!?!?! Im sorry i have just lost my cool.

15. Jedi knight Pozzi

Jedi knight Pozzi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 2, 2000
    I've a strange idea that people are mistaking FX continuity with visual continuity in some ways.

16. macoco

macoco Jedi Youngling star 3

May 7, 2000
    That's right!

The visual continuity of the entire Saga is SPOT-ON! The use of color, the editting style, camera style, the way it is lit.

Get over CGI already! I can't wait until GL turns in his final thesis, and if the OT is updated with more fx to suit George's fancy, then I am 100% behind Lucas and his endeavor. In my 'humble' opinion, TPM and AOTC are the two best SW movies so far, with ANH remaining the best of the OT. These movies are the absolute bomb, heavy even.

17. Darth_Terrell

Darth_Terrell Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 24, 2002
    "But most of all, the biggest failure of AOTC was its inability to make the audience believe that what it was seeing was real - "suspension of disbelief"."

Uh, speak for your damn self yodascum, and stop putting your feelings off on other people. You don't have a frickin' idea what other people thought.

What's amazing is that the whiners aren't even smart enough to know that story-wise, the prequels are supposed to be more grand, more technology driven. The Republic is at the height of it's power. In the originals, the Republic has been destroyed. The Empire has taken over. Fashion, technology, and other luxuries are not a concern. Survival is. Too bad the whiners weren't smart enough to realize this. Lucas even stated as much in interviews during his biography.

18. bebbie

bebbie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    So DrEvazan says:

"i said people were stupid and im the only one who knows how good or bad it is? where?"

The question really should be, where haven't you bashed and insulted, DrE? Here is a little reminder of one of your "typically" insulting comments (this one was posted in the "My defense of George Lucas" thread:

lucas has flushed star wars down the toilet and some of you sit there and are happy about it just because it has the star wars name on it. you have clearly made the saga so important in your lives that you cant allow the PT to be what it is: 2 bad movies, because it would make you look like a fool if you admitted you are a fan of crap. you have painted yourselves into the same corner as lucas has: its too late too admit you are wrong.

Hhhhhmmmmmmmmm.......

19. Imperial_Guard

Imperial_Guard Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    Speaking of "flushed down the toilet", I wonder how much longer this thread will stay open? :D

20. TokyoXtreme

TokyoXtreme Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2001
    Well, the character-warfare thread about the evil Dr. Brin is still open at a whopping 16 pages, so I'm guessing that this one will stay open for as long as people bother to post (which probably won't be too much longer, as someone is bound to create a new topic along the lines of "George Lucas is the god of Star Wars; get used to it" or some such cal.

21. bebbie

bebbie Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2002
    LOL! I hate to tell you this, Tokyo, but George Lucas IS the GOD of Star Wars.

He did create it, after all..... :cool:

22. Durwood

Durwood Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 18, 2002
    I hate to tell you this, but George Lucas IS the GOD of Star Wars. He did create it, after all.....

It's amazing how many people have trouble with this concept.

23. DrEvazan

DrEvazan Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 19, 2002
    excellent post by me that shows a possible explanation for some fans views. thanks for recapping it bebbie. now read it again and tell me where i said people were stupid and im the only one who knows how good or bad it is. then print it up and roll it into a tight little tube and...

oh and while you are at it, take a look at the posts of some of your fellow whiners like durwood and then decide who the real bahsing insulters are here. for some reason they think its a terrible thing to criticise GL, a man they dont know personally, a public figure, yet freely trash fellow fans and posters til the cows come home.

put that in your pipe and smoke it.

24. Go-Mer-Tonic

Aug 22, 1999
    Brin assasinated his own character.

25. DrEvazan

DrEvazan Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 19, 2002
    and so did lucas. but he gets a free ride for some reason?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.