main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Continuity

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Ram-Kinshros, May 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ram-Kinshros

Ram-Kinshros Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    OK Loved ROTS. Fantastic. Grew up with the originals, love them as I do, a couple of things about the Prequel trilogy bother me with regard to continuity.

1. Qui Gon Jinn. Who the...?
    In ESB Obi Wan tells Luke to go to the Dagobah system to learn from Yoda, the Jedi Master who instructed him. Clearly in the PT Obi was trained by Qui Gon.

2. Leia in holographic message in ANH "General Kenobi, you served my father in the clone wars..." He did what now? In AOTC and ROTS, Bail is a Senator who doesn't really have much to do with the wars.
    In retrospect do you think that Bail is sending Leia to meet up with her brother. He could have told her first, I mean we could have done with those uncomfortable almost incest moments.

3. Leia describing her real mother in ROTJ. That is some memory you've got there Leia. I'm willing to overlook that one and say she's talking about Mrs. Organa. So she's dead too?

I mean Lucas goes to the trouble of making sure all the EU stuff fits in continuity wise, then he overlooks stuff like that?

2. Jade40291

Jade40291 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2005
    1. Qui Gon Jinn. Who the...?
    In ESB Obi Wan tells Luke to go to the Dagobah system to learn from Yoda, the Jedi Master who instructed him. Clearly in the PT Obi was trained by Qui Gon.

Well, in AOTC we see Yoda instructing younglings that are not yet Padawan's. Its reasonable to assume that Yoda had a hand in Obi-Wan's training. Also, Obi was sending him to the last remaining Jedi. The explanation he gave was the easiest and most simple. I don't consider this to be an error in continuity, just something that requires a little imagination.

2. Leia in holographic message in ANH "General Kenobi, you served my father in the clone wars..." He did what now? In AOTC and ROTS, Bail is a Senator who doesn't really have much to do with the wars.
    In retrospect do you think that Bail is sending Leia to meet up with her brother. He could have told her first, I mean we could have done with those uncomfortable almost incest moments.

Bail is a senator in the Republic and the Jedi serve the Republic during the war. Not a continuity error, again just requires a little thought. Also, I don't think Bail was sending Leia to meet her brother, he would have deferred to the judgement of the Jedi. If anything he was sending her to meet Obi-Wan in order to let Obi-Wan decide if the time had come.

3. Leia describing her real mother in ROTJ. That is some memory you've got there Leia. I'm willing to overlook that one and say she's talking about Mrs. Organa. So she's dead too?

Leia actually says that she only remembers images really, feelings. This type of thing is explained through a Force bond. In the EU Leia's children have that bond with her. Okay its EU, but its an explanation. Leia didn't remember being born, she remembered impressions of her mother, given to her through the Force. Not really a continuity problem for me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.