main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Controversial New Welsh FFUK Idea

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Stuey, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    I know this is a long shot, but i'm broke and therefore (because as everyone knows money equals fun). Therefore i insist upon a Welsh FFUK meet to pass the time, possibly doing something geeky

however this thread will likely be ignored because that happens even when I post regularly, ah well

2. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Stuey!!! :cool: :D
    Actually, last time I checked there are two Welsh members going to the event here.

I know it's in Bristol, so it means travelling, but you are welcome to come to that if you can, three Welsh people means an official meet. And it's geeky - you can't get better than an unofficial SW convention lol!

Aside for that, I was going to come down to Cardiff at some point anyways to meet as many welsh posters as a group as we can.

3. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Yeah, come to Britstol with us dude. Then we can all decide if we can stand each other enough to have a proper meet in Wales.

Plus, 3 people!!

The biggest Welsh fanforce gathering ever!!!!!!!!

4. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    Hmmm... I would really love to go to this, despite having met a lot of the guests in the past I haven't been to a convention for ages

however, being completely strapped for cash i might not be able to afford the measly amount to get over to Bristol and back and then the entrance fee (largely because the agency that I rent my house from have screwed me over with some money I was owed and I can barely make rent, was that too much info? i don't care). However, if by some miracle I find some money in a bin or gold at the end of a rainbow i'll be there.

Tune in next time for more tales of Stuey's financial problems and how it impinges on his geekiness!

5. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Where can you meet stuey? Other meets can be arranged too, Bristol is just over a week away, then from there you have time to plan another meet.

6. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    If you could look under 6 you'd be able to get in for free Stuey. :p

Lets try and work this out, Welshguy how are you getting down to Bristol for the convention? If your driving could you possibly be able to pick Stuey up on the way? I'll probably be getting the train down although I'm not sure which train station I'd end up at hah.

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Yeah, i'll be driving and i'll be more than happy to pick some people up if that means more can come.

Where do you live Stu?

What about you ODJ? Would you be up for a lift?

8. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Of course if you'd be willing, I'll buy you a drink after if we head for a pub or something after the event. :p

9. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    Hmmm... a generous offer, i'm still not sure if I can even afford the entrance fee. Both myself and my wonderful girlfriend will be going if we do (and i'll have to pay for her) so it's a bit of an imposition on you Welshy to take two. Just for reference seeing as you asked I live in Roath which is just outside of Cardiff city centre (fair enough away to be quite but close enough to walk)

I am very tempted though, if not we'll have to organise some future meetings for when I have some money

10. Stevie79

Stevie79 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    Hello there...
    I'm new to these forums, but I'll be in Bristol meeting up with a couple of others from around the country. I wont be in costume just yet, but I am making a costume that is similar to Obi-Wan, and likely to be ready for either Starcon or Collectormania 10.
    I was at LFCC4. Met a few people from these forums there, but not welsh.
    Hope to meet you all or talk to you at some point.

11. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Hey Stevie79 , welcome to the FF-UK :D :cool:
    Did I meet you at LFCC? I think I did. Anyways, will be great to see you there.

Check here too - http://boards.theforce.net/south/b10753/23849161/p1/?21
    I am going to the Joust event at Berkeley on Saturday too, should be fun.

12. Stevie79

Stevie79 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    Hey TimBolton. You may have done. I weren't sure on everyones forum names.

13. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    Hey Stevie, welcome to the boards

where abouts are you from?

14. Stevie79

Stevie79 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    Cardiff.
    The posh-ish part of St.Mellons:eek:

15. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    There's a posh part of Saint Mellons!!

When did this happen? ;)

Welcome to the boards dude, we're a good bunch really. We try to keep the English posters to a minimum, but you know what they're like, they sneak through when your sleeping or watering the flowers. :p

So can we expect to see you at Bristol next week dude? It promises to be the biggest FFUK meetup since...

Well, EVER!

Plus we could very well have our first proper Welsh meet (even though it's in England) and hopefully take our fanforce onto the next level.

On the subject of lifts, i'm happy if your girlfriend wants a lift as well Stuey/ODJ, the only request I have is that I can pick everyone up in a part of Cardiff that I know (such as the museum for example), rather than travelling around parts of Cardiff I don't know.

16. HunkyEvil

HunkyEvil Jedi Master star 3

Feb 27, 2006
    Is Welshguy asleep yet? Is it safe to sneak in? :p

Just wanted to say that I hope you guys do get your official meet. I'm not able to make it down to this now so I won't be meeting you just yet, but like I say, good luck guys, I hope this goes well!

17. Stevie79

Stevie79 Jedi Youngling

Jul 11, 2006
    Yep. I'll be there in bristol.

18. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Wow, this could very well be one for the record books!

Myself, Stuey (+gf), ODJ, Sakara and Stevie79!

That could be 6 poeople in a photo! SIX!

I never dreamed of such numbers.

Edit:

Thanks HunkyEvil, your kind words bring warm feelings to my heart. ;) Shame you can't be there. It would be pretty cool to get as many CR's as possible together for a group photo. Of course if Tim had his way we would all be bowing down before him, but it would be a good photo none the less.

19. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    I'll bring the camera. :p

20. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Best bring several. I don't think they're going to believe that there are quite so many Welsh posters in existence!

Or that one of us has a girl friend. ;)

21. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Lol!

So six Welsh people and little old me? ... *hides*

What's happening with you guys in the evening - eating out? Staying?

22. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    We'll probably just do your average English sacrifice type thing. You know, find some English guy, tie him to a pole, build a big fire around him and perform the typical ritual that goes along with this sort of thing.

You know, just your average Sunday evening.

I wouldn't mind getting something to eat if other people are up for that.

23. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    I am hoping to get some brochure info before I leave at the end of the week, if not I'll nip into the nearest tourist info centre and get it. What type of food?
    I am vegetarian. But I'll eat anything if it fits that -
    Indian, chinese, pizza, etc etc.

24. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    I'd go for pizza personaly, but thats just me. :p

25. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Pizza may well be the option then :)
    I can have some of the others the nights I am there before you lot come down ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.