main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Convalescence - Pre ESB H/L, AU - COMPLETED (But...you can choose your own ending! Check it out!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TiaRaye

TiaRaye Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2003
    First post??? My other one didn't go through!

Wait...yes it did. Dangit!

OK, I'm few posts behind, so let me catch up....

Chapter Twenty-Three

GO LEIA! GO LEIA! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! umm, excuse me.
    Thank you for letting my girl kick a little booty as opposed to just cowering out of the way when the action starts. We all know she's a little spitfire!

Chapter Twenty Four

Oh no! More angst! Guilt! Pain! Wait!!!!
    Did he just say what I think he said???? I love you too, Han! Oh, wait. You weren't talking to me, were you?

Well, at least SOME people can say it!!!

Chapter Twenty-Five

Back at the base!!! I always wanted to see what would happen if they made it back. Especially Luke's reaction. He's being very mature..

Better me than her. Nice reversal of his original opinion upon dicovering her on the Death Star!

And she falls asleep. Silly girl. He hasn't left yet, has he????????

About those theories....well, so far they don't seem to be happening. Which is good, because some of them were terribly morbid. But we'll see....
    I get really nervous every time you say that you are afraid of how we are going to react when this fic is over. I can't help but imagine the worst!

Enjoy your trip. I hope it's for pleasure, not business. I'll just be in therapy until you get back!!

2. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    I am loving this story! :D Chewie, Luke and the Mon Mothma all had the expected reactions. Poor Luke, though. LOL!

A great read as always! Enjoy your trip, LadyPadme. We'll be here waiting for you.

J_Girl

3. QueenOfAces

QueenOfAces Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2003
    She definitely should have called Han first!

Nice work, LP! Luke's reaction was especially well written.

Have a safe trip!

4. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Hmmmmm, I'm starting to get ideas about where you might be taking this. I wonder if I'm as evil as you are? :p

Good job, Jieh! :D I always love to see Han/Luke interaction, and that was quite well done. Somehow I suspect that Leia's fallen asleep at completely the wrong time, though.

Have fun this weekend! :D

5. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    My theory on how this story ends badly. Han leaves as scheduled. He is not there to save Luke when Luke gets attacked by the Wampa. Luke dies. Han is not there to get Leia away from Hoth. Consequently, Leia is captured, and, is either turned to the Dark Side by Vader or she dies. Han meets with Jabba to settle things, Jabba doesn't take things well, and Han dies. Is that morbid and evil enough? Am I close? I think I will start letting the veggies rot now.

Hope you have a good weekend. I will be back on Tuesday to read more of the story I'm addicted to, but increasingly dread reading.

6. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    I love this story :) I liked the line where Luke said he'd take care of Leia like she was his own sister :D Well, they're back at base, and Han's planning on leaving. What's going to happen? I need to know NOW!!!...eh, sorry...got a little carried away :) I'll be here on Tuesday! Hope you have a good trip LP!

7. Tycalibur

Tycalibur Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    *whew*

Told you I'd make it, LP. And here I am. :)

I started at the beginning, and after two-and-a-half hours of reading, I'm caught up. This is a wonderful story. Why all the modesty about it? :)

~Ty

P.S. I officially crown LP the undisputed CHAMPION of Han/Leia relationship-writing. You get into the heads of both of them so easily...just how in the h*ll do you do that? *befuddled* ;)

8. FreighterPilot

FreighterPilot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    Bad reader! Bad Reader! Sorry, I checked way early and then forgot to check again later. Darth Sims held me captive; "It's not my fault!"

Anyway, lovely post as always, LadyPadme, most splendiferous, indeed. I was even feeling really good about it until I read Solo_Fan's prediction. Now I'm just scared! I'll be waiting for Tuesday with earnest.

FreighterPilot

9. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Wonderfully done. I especially liked that Luke took it so well and that he would look after Leia like a sister...I'm glad that you've explained about Han leaving to protect Leia - it's better than Han leaving to protect himself (more in keeping with our somewhat tarnished rogue)...
    I'm looking forward to their confrontation when he tells her he's leaving.

Good job and have a good time.

10. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Wonderful post LadyPadme!

Solo_Fan--- that is just evil thoughts you are having! LOL

11. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Very well written post LP!
    I liked very much Han/Luke's chat. You described excellent the talking between two good friends almost rivals for the same woman, but not let this come in the middleof their relationship. I like Luke's acceptance and his promise to take care of her like she was his own sister.

But I don't like at all the course the story seems to take. :( Are you realy planning to allow Han to leave? :_| Can you be so evil? I know you can, :mad: and I have a bad feeling about this. :_|
    Neither I like Gabri's comment. Very bad feeling indeed...

Have a nice trip my lady! :) Vacation?

12. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Poor Luke. Trying to be brave about this, and not quite succeeding. He's a good kid. ;)

And Han's thoughts about the friendships and acquaintances he has in the Rebellion -- and his "family" of Chewie, Luke, and Leia -- were very well done. I guess the aloof scoundrel is losing his edge... [face_mischief]

Hee hee! I loved Chewie's reaction to the news! He probably wishes he'd have left them alone sooner if that would have sped things up. :p

Hmm. I'm not sure I like Han's plan. Or Leia falling asleep before contacting him. On the other hand, I've learned not to guess where you're going with the plot of this story, so I'll reserve judgment. :D

13. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    The Wookiee had known from the moment he saw them together, his only comment being a laconic, //Took you two long enough//, which had made Leia blush.

I'm telling you, Chewie is the most astute of them all, with a close second in Luke. Han and Leia are dopes.

Yay! Luke's taking well! *hugs Luke* (And I don't even like 'im, so bravo to you, LP)

*groans* Why does everyone always tell Han to take care of Leia? If she knew how often he got that, she'd be mighty ticked off. ;)

Han sighed. ?Jabba?s bounty hunters. I?m starting to run into them everywhere. We stopped in Tachi on our way back to Kashyyyk, and ran into a few more of them there. Leia?well, I mean, it?s one thing if they go after me, but?? Han?s voice broke off as he remembered that nightmarish night on Tachi.

I love you, Han. I do.

?You know if you go anywhere near him he?ll kill you.?

?Better me than her,? Han said, softly.

*whimpers* Oh, LP...

?I?ll take care of her like she was my own sister.?

*dies laughing* Oh... Luke... if you only knew!

Ohhh ohhh ohhh, they're family! A motley crew at best, but a FAMILIA! *is happy*

All work and no play makes Leia a dull girl.

A new post on Tuesday? But I'll be GONE Tuesday! LP!

But have fun any way!

14. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    Uh-oh. I think its all about to go horribly horibly wrong. [face_wibble] :_|

15. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    Great post LP... The question will be now, will Han see Leia before he leaves????

Have a fun vacation... I'm sure everyone out here will still be sitting at there computers waiting for your next post... LOL

:) ;)

16. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

TiaRaye: Hey, nice to see you again! Glad you liked to see Leia kick butt :) And I'm sorry I'm scaring you so about the ending--NOT! [face_devil]

J_Girl: Thank you! I'm glad you liked the characterization of Luke and Chewie and Mon Mothma :D

QueenofAces: She definitely should have called Han first!

- Ah, well...the road to hell is paved with good intentions [face_devil]

Gabri_Jade: Evil, evil twin. Can't hide anything from you since you share the same evil master brain ;)

Solo_Fan: :eek: Er, um...your theory scares even me! :eek:

RebelPrincess: Glad you liked Luke's assurances to Han [face_laugh]

Tycalibur: Welcome to the story! Thanks--glad you liked my portrayal of H/L :D

FreighterPilot: Okay, well, however bad it is, it isn't as bad as Solo_Fan's prediction.

dianethx: I'm glad that you've explained about Han leaving to protect Leia - it's better than Han leaving to protect himself (more in keeping with our somewhat tarnished rogue)...

- We all know that our scoundrel is really just an old softie underneath, right? ;)

JediArwen: Thank you! I'm flattered you liked the way Han and Luke interacted. And yes...it's going down, down hill....

Darth_Lex: * grins * I always thought Chewbacca thought Han and Leia were idiots to deny what was before them for so long. I think Chewie would just think it funny when they finally did get together :)

Sunshine: You don't like Luke? Poor Lukie...

Sock_of_Darth_Vader: You don't need to think it's gonna go horribly wrong...you just need to know it!

NETTYTHEPRINCESS: Yes, Han and Leia will meet again. I'm not THAT cruel.

See you guys Tuesday night!

17. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    Why is it I always seem to find a new post to a story after the author has done her/his replies? Pokey, I guess.

Anyway, really glad to see Luke pop up, and admired his maturity in accepting Han & Leia's relationship. Hope Han will be mature enough to believe why Leia didn't meet him for the night.

Have a great trip!

18. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    ?I?m going to smash that droid one day, Leia thought???-That was my favorite
    I think people had to pay more attention on little Anakin. Constructing C-3PO was his first evil action against the galaxy.

?There will be a lot of rotten vegetables being pelted at me when I present the last chapter...? LOL
    Hands LP Vader mask and armor for protection and eggs for the counteroffensive. ;)
    (I always love food fight scenes [face_devil] )

Zs.

19. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Han said "I love you" to Leia.

WHILE I WAS AWAY!!

LP, dear, you need to coordinate when you post stuff like that around my schedule. *Giggles* Only kidding, of course! :)

Anyway... I loved the two chapters I "missed"; Han saying he loves Leia was especially wonderful.

Depressed about Han having to leave Leia, although he has good reasons behind it... And I'm still kinda nervous about this ending you've got planned, LP.

Great chapters... And hope you had a nice vacation!

BTW: While on vacation, I had a dream you ended this story, LP. It wasn't a tragic, throw-rotten-veggies-at-LP-ending, but rather a really corny one, LOL. I don't know where the ending came from... It seemed very un-LP, heh heh. Han ended up leaving Leia, and she eventually got the impression that he had died--he never sent her stuff, never made efforts to contact her, etc. So, Leia goes on and lives her life, although I don't exactly know what that entailed, but anyway... Meanwhile, whatever Han's doing is a mystery, but he isn't dead. About fifty years later Luke finds out that Han isn't dead (just about 80-some years old, lol) and he reunites Han and Leia. The fic ended with a really sappy thought-monologue of Han's--a bit like a soliloquy in his mind, almost. Han and Leia each walk towards each other, Han finishes his soliloquy, and boom! it's over. Weird, eh? :)

20. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    Sending this up!

21. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    *hides from sinister brother and sister and evil parents, runs towards CPU and logs in*

WHEW!!!!!!!
    Im hiding cause im in the middle of exam week, and if I were to be found here, let's say that i'd be on the next transport to Kessell! :D ;)

WEEELLLL let me say that Im am SOOO sorry that I missed soo many posts!!! and for worst the BEST posts! AMAZING JOP LP!

and for the highlights:

1) I love it when Han kicks some tail!
    2) He finally said it! he loves her!!!
    3) glad the love triangle was resolved a long time before it did in the movies! ;)
    4) Hope you had a good trip
    5) Cant wait for the next post, :)
    6) welcome back! :D

DM :D

22. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    sorry double post!! :D

DM

23. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Jedi-2B: * grins * Knew you'd like Luke's reaction ;) Thanks :D

zsuzsa: Thanks for the mask! Will really need it!

Puggy: Umm...where did you go for vacation? Was there something psychedelic in the air? Do you frequently have these Han/Leia type dreams? * giggles * Well...the ending isn't like that, at least I can tell you that much...

RebelPrincess: Thanks for the up.

DarthMasan: Well, good luck on your studying, and I'm glad you liked the posts. Hope that none of your family got wind of your computer usage, you little criminal, you! ;)

More right away!

24. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Chapter Twenty-Six

Han had dinner in the mess hall with Chewbacca and Luke for the third day in a row. Nearly three full days since returning to Echo Base, and Han had barely had more than a glimpse of Leia in the hallway. A large entourage of the Alliance High Command and their aides had surrounded her and she appeared harassed?but then, Han wondered if he just imagined that look. Not a word in almost three days. Was the High Command deliberately keeping her away from him or was Leia staying away because she was truly having doubts about him?

Han had spent the days stocking the Falcon, and going over the ship?s status with Chewbacca, but his mind was not on his work. He kept thinking of how every night he had gone to sleep alone and had woken alone. Leia had barely acknowledged him since she had stepped off the loading ramp of the Falcon into the waiting arms of the Rebel leadership. Han wanted to believe that she hadn?t been given a chance to see him, but his doubts kept gnawing at him.

Han did not deal well with uncertainty, and his temper grew steadily worse during the day. Chewbacca, who knew Han?s moods well enough stayed away from the temperamental human and worked quietly at the other end of the ship from Han, communicating only when necessary.

By dinnertime, Han was no longer in doubt that Leia was deliberately avoiding him. She just doesn?t care the way I wanted her to, Han thought to himself. In that case, there really is nothing stopping me from leaving?

??and so, any other suggestions?? Mon Mothma asked.

None in the committee meeting spoke, and finally, Mothma adjourned the meeting. It was past seven, and Leia was exhausted. She wondered if her weeks away from Echo Base had made her unaccustomed to these long days and long meetings, which didn?t used to bother her at all.

Leia folded her data pad and stood up, stretching a little.

?Your Highness, would you care to join us for dinner in the officers? lounge?? Mothma asked, coming to Leia?s side.

Before Leia could answer, General Rieekan approached her from the other side. ?I?m sorry to interrupt you ladies, but your Highness, may I have a word with you??

Leia nodded to Rieekan and gave a last, distracted glance at Mon Mothma before following the General to the other side of the room.

?What?s the matter?? Leia asked.

?I just haven?t had the chance to welcome you back,? Rieekan said. ?How have you been??

Leia narrowed her eyes. Tired though she was, she wasn?t fooled by Rieekan?s words. He was never one for pleasantries and small talk. ?I?m a little tired, but I?m well. What?s the matter??

?Just glad to see you back. We were very worried about you all those weeks you were gone and we couldn?t communicate with you.?

?Did you think we?d suddenly deserted the Alliance??

?No,? Rieekan shook his head. ?I know you well enough. But now, Solo tells me he?s leaving.?

Leia felt her heart turn ice cold. So it was real. ?Did he say when??

?I understand tomorrow.?

?Tomorrow!? Leia suddenly felt a pounding in her ears. Was he going to leave without telling her? ?Please excuse me, General, I?I have to take care of some business?? Before she finished her sentence, Leia had already left the conference room and was sprinting down the corridors and passageways of Echo Base. She checked Han?s quarters, which were unoccupied and then the hangar bay, but the [i]Millennium Falcon[/i] sat silent and empty. Finally, she headed down the hall to the mess hall where she spotted the familiar trio of Han, Chewbacca and Luke.

Almost weak with relief, she entered the mess hall and headed toward their table.

Luke saw her first. ?Leia!?

Leia, who had been thinking only of reaching Han, had her attention diverted as she turned to look at Luke. ?Luke!? her face creased into a smile and she ran to hug him. ?How have you been??

?Good,? Luke said, returning the embrace, although not as whole-heartedly as Leia. ?I?ve gotten to do a lot of surveillance missions and training sessions these pas

25. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    First post! :D I think....

EDIT: Yes, first post! Bwahahahaha! Evil Twin #2 strikes again! [face_devil]

:p

*hugs LP* Good to have you back, Jieh! :D

Leia bit her lip. ?I wanted to tell him myself.? She had wanted to break things gently to Luke, and she could only wonder how he was feeling now. Add guilt over Luke to the ten thousand and one things on her mind, now.

Oh, that's sweet of Leia. Of course, now she's even more stressed, but it was very sweet of her to worry about Luke.

?Here?s your hello kiss, Captain,? she said, clearly, before she leaned down and kissed Han with every ounce of passion she had shown him in all their weeks together.

Whooo! You go, girl! Tormenting us a bit before your [face_devil] ending, are you, LP? :p Wonderful post! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.