main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Convalescence - Pre ESB H/L, AU - COMPLETED (But...you can choose your own ending! Check it out!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rxchiquita

rxchiquita Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 21, 2003
    Oh, my...

mmmmm...okay, it's beginning to filter thru now...

Please excuse my SHOCK at Leia's last maneuver - Boy, do I love how this fic is going - Leia: You go, Girrrrrl! Get you some! and in the Mess Hall, no less...

LadyPadme, where ever did you find the muse guiding this fic? I like the way she thinks. Lemme guess: next chapter begins with Han falling slap out of his chair and some guy a couple of rows over jumping from his seat with a "yesss" because he's just won the "WhenWillTheyComeToTheirSensesAndQuitDenyingTheirPheremones" pool.

Thanks for the Happy :D

2. TiaRaye

TiaRaye Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2003
    YAY!!!! Worth the wait! Thank goodness, I was afraid that this would end up being the last post. Still more torture to go!

Good for Leia for not bowing to propriety! Go grab every bit of happiness you can before LP toys with your fate once more, Girl!

Ooooooh, and BTW.....

Fatique? Nausea? Uh-oh. [face_shocked]

Someone forgot to visit the Med Center!

Here we go!!!!

3. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Two reasons I love AU's:

1) ?But we need you.?

?We need? What about you??

?I need you, too,? Leia admitted quietly.

2) ?Here?s your hello kiss, Captain,? she said, clearly, before she leaned down and kissed Han with every ounce of passion she had shown him in all their weeks together.

I really, really, really liked the way you handled that whole post. Well thought out, logical, and I still got to see 2 things happen the way I have always wanted to see them. :D Some small part of my SW geek self now feels a sigh of relief. :)

Awesome excellence, LadyPadme!

Hope you enjoyed your trip.
    J_Girl

4. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    KICK ASS!

Am I allowed to say that? If I'm not, my apologies. It's just that that's what I screamed when I got to that hello kiss. LP, you rawk George Lucas' world!

5. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Heh, your story is so darn addictive that i just read all of it in one sitting.... Now it's 2 A.M. and my mother (yes, I am much too young for NC-17 posts, i just recently turned 15... not that i want them.) would have a bantha if she knew I was still on...
    :)
    You are amazing. Simply and wonderfully, heartbreakingly and adorably amazing. I cannot wait until Friday!!!!!! Oh good lord, it's over for now and I must sleep.
    All I have to say is thank you for writing this.
    A-Windsor

6. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    ?Here?s your hello kiss, Captain,? she said, clearly, before she leaned down and kissed Han with every ounce of passion she had shown him in all their weeks together.

*RP jumps up and down and giggles giddily*

I'm ok now...really! And here I was afraid he'd leave without a kiss. I loved how you led up to that point - I can just see the two of them acting like this - you have their personalities down so well! :) I can't wait for more!

7. FreighterPilot

FreighterPilot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    Yay! Thank you for not just grinning evilly at Solo_Fan's prediction and for having Leia stop and think instead of running away fuming. Great chapter, LadyPadme! Keep up the great work!
    FreighterPilot

8. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    **?Here?s your hello kiss, Captain,? she said, clearly, before she leaned down and kissed Han with every ounce of passion she had shown him in all their weeks together.**

Loved it LP!!!! That was a great move on Leia's part. :)

*Netty melts into a puddle on the floor* ;)

9. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Well! That certainly showed Han, didn't it?? LOL. I guess there is no doubt in anyones mind now what happened when they were gone so long..... ;)

10. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
  11. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Yeah-Go Leia!

Great Post

12. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    Well worth the wait!!!! Can't wait for the next part!!!!

13. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Great post! GOO Leia! Cant wait for next post,

DM

14. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Woohoo!!! Go Leia!!!! :D :D

As everyone has said, I loved the way you turned those ESB lines upside-down. ;)

I must say, I really like the effect that Han is having on Leia. Love is such a powerful Force itself, and watching her struggle to keep her focus and concentration is great. He's really changed her, hasn't he? (For the better, I would say.)

And she's changed him too, I think. He's just a little more subtle about it in public. :p

Hmm. I've PMed you my speculation... Can't wait to see where you take this from here. ;)

15. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Umm...where did you go for vacation? Was there something psychedelic in the air? Do you frequently have these Han/Leia type dreams? * giggles *

LOL... I went to Wisconsin, where one place we drove through had a population of 257 (in my opinion, that included cows! *Giggle*)! I got such a kick out of that! The smallest town we actually stayed in had a population of 1,400 some... There are more people than that at my school! Then we went to Chicago, where I have been before, but still, after a few days in little middle-of-nowhere towns, it was a bit hard to adjust, hehe.

I have no idea what I inhaled that caused that dream. But, oddly enough, I have Han/Leia dreams all the time. I attribute it to reading fanfic from 8 P.M.-2 A.M., then immediately going to bed.

?Here?s your hello kiss, Captain,? she said, clearly, before she leaned down and kissed Han with every ounce of passion she had shown him in all their weeks together.

I KNEW IT! That's SO Leia, in my opinion. What she did proved Han wrong and proved her right! She's so stubborn that she'll do anything to "win," heehee. I'm so happy she kissed him, though... I bet Han's incredibly shocked... Heck, I bet Leia is, too!

And what, oh what, will the Rebels think? I bet they have boxes of confetti and streamers and those obnoxious things you blow in that make a really horrible noise (what are they called?) to celebrate! Plus, I'm sure there will be a lot of money being exchanged: "I told you it would take them three years! Pay up, buddy!" LOL, anyway.

Beautiful update, LP. I absolutely adored the kiss at the end. *Big grin*

16. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    "Here's your hello kiss, Captain," she said, clearly, before she leaned down and kissed Han with every ounce of passion she had shown him in all their weeks together.

Ooooh, this is so good, LadyPadme. I can imagine Leia doing something like this and I can just see the astonished look on Han's face. :)

17. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    Great post!! Oh my, oh my, the secret's out now with a vengeange!!
    BTW, LP, is Leia pregnant? You've already done that one in ILAW.

*sits back and waits for [face_devil]*

18. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    YES! Way to go, Leia!!! Welcome back, LP- hopefully we can look forward to more of that from now on LOL :)

19. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Hee, hee! * Grins unrepentently * Speculation! Anticipation! You all know I'm eating this up, right? Well, the end of the fic nears, and so I will no longer answer any guesses about what the ending brings. Just lots of [face_devil] 's

Gabri_Jade: * grins * Of course, you'd like it that Leia was kind to Luke ;) Glad you liked the kiss :D

rxchiquita: Where did I find this muse? She was actually hanging out at the Copley Plaza hotel in Boston. She stopped by my hotel room one night while I was watching Friends and wouldn't let me rest until I agreed to start writing.

TiaRaye: Good for Leia for not bowing to propriety! Go grab every bit of happiness you can before LP toys with your fate once more, Girl!

- LP giveth and LP taketh away. Evil be the name of LP. MUWAHAHAHA!

J_Girl: I'm so glad to have satisfied your SW geekiness. I've got a fair amount of that myself. That's why I write fanfiction ;)

RogueSticks: I'm not sure if you can write that, but hey, I don't mind seeing it. Thanks!

A-Windsor: Welcome to the fic! If your mom really has a bantha, I really want to see it. I've never seen a live bantha before... :eek: Thanks for reading!

RebelPrincess: And here I was afraid he'd leave without a kiss.

- Well, I'm evil, but I'm still a big sucker for mush!

FreighterPilot: Your welcome! Of course, I always wanted Leia to stand up to the Alliance and show them ;)

NETTYTHEPRINCESS: Oh, goodness! How do I reconstitute a NETTY puddle? Thinks hard on this... :confused:

GreatOne: * grins * Yes, the Alliance now ALL know what was going on while they were away

KatarnLead: Thanks!

Kab730: Thank you :D

starwarsfan68: More coming Friday. Thanks.

DarthMasan: Glad you liked it :)

Darth_Lex: I think that overall, Han and Leia's relationship 'saved' them both. I'm glad you liked the way it's going.

Puggy: You read fanfic for 6 hours straight? No wonder...I'd be dreaming of H/L, too. :eek:

- Darn! Should have written the scene where the rebels high five each other over who won the bet...

Sologal: * grins * Glad you liked Leia's little maneuver ;)

Sock_of_Darth_Vader: Speculation = [face_devil]

Miska: Thank you! Glad you liked it :D

20. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    That was great my Lady! :)
    I love it!
    She didn't understand what she was doing to poor Han and become angry because Han was leaving. I wonder what she would think if she was in his shoes. Some times men are right feeling unable to understand a woman's reason. :D
    But at last:
    ?Here?s your hello kiss, Captain,? [face_love]
    That's wonderful LP! In the middle of the mess hall... ;)
    I hope we'll have some reactions on the next post.

21. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    LP - Oh, goodness! How do I reconstitute a NETTY puddle? Thinks hard on this...

hint, hint....post one early. ;)

22. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    Hi, I'm sorry I didn't post before but I swear that IT ISN'T MY FAULT :D my :mad: computer was quite capricious last week.

First of all, I hope you enjoyed your little vacation :)

Previous chapter.
    The Wookiee had known from the moment he saw them together, his only comment being a laconic, //Took you two long enough//, which had made Leia blush.
    [face_love] Well, it seems that even a Wookiee is able to embarras a great senator like Leia, doesn't it??? :D :D

?Better me than her,? Han said, softly. Han is so cute when he cares for someone he loves...

Now this chapter.
    I can only tell you that it is aweful.
    Especially the last lines, I actually loved them (I think that even love isn't enough to tell you how I've felt when I had read them) I was totally speechless and I have to tell you that it's difficult. :)

Leia is tired and nauseous :eek: ?[face_plain] Uhhohh It is the aftermath of their little *hummm* vacation ??

?Here?s your hello kiss, Captain,? she said, clearly, before she leaned down and kissed Han with every ounce of passion she had shown him in all their weeks together. [face_love] *J-L melts into puddle* Isn't it a good reason to stay a little longer Han????? ;)

Just a little precision, was Rogue Squadron in the mess hall at the same time? Because if I rebember well, each Rogue has a crush for Leia and they want she and Han together (they have a bet to win after all ;) ) so if they were I wondered what their reactions to the kiss have been...

23. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

JediArwen: Knew you'd love the kiss at the end ;) Thanks!

NETTY: New postie coming soon. Will that help?

jedi-lelila: WOW. I'm so glad you liked the last few posts. Don't worry about the reply rate, as long as you're reading, any replies are welcomed. Thank you. And I didn't know the Rogues were in love with Leia! Hmmm...new info :D Thanks!

More coming soon.

24. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Chapter Twenty-Seven

Leia stopped pacing and glanced at herself in the mirror. Despite standing in the cold that was Hoth, her face was still a little hot and red from embarrassment. How could I have done that in front of the whole Rebel Alliance? she thought, still mortified over her own audacity in kissing Han in the mess hall.

Remembering Han?s instantly gratified reaction, though, Leia smiled wryly. Again, she had been foolish to think she could have the upper hand over Han in any situation like this. After his first instant of shock, Han had responded by deepening the kiss so seductively, that soon Leia found she was no longer breathing. By the time the kiss ended, Leia had to lean her weight heavily on a nearby chair to remain standing. She glimpsed the expression on his face, and her desire was suddenly replaced by amusement and chagrin. Han had the satisfied look of a vornskr that had caught a brace of hopperoo, and it wasn?t lost on Leia that the entire room had stilled to watch the tableau she had created.

Leia wasn?t sure how she got out of the mess hall, but she had never been more grateful to be alone in her quarters as she was when the door to her bedroom finally slid shut behind her. Han was still in the mess hall when she left, and she could imagine the sort of banter that probably went on in the hall after she left. Strangely, despite her embarrassment at having made a spectacle of herself, Leia didn?t begrudge him a moment of the adulation he would receive from the others in the mess hall. She loved him and she wasn?t ashamed of their relationship or of having others know?her only objection was that her private affairs were none of anyone else?s business.

What bothered her more than anything else was the thought of Han leaving. He had made it clear he was leaving and she knew him well enough to know that he meant it this time. But, he can?t leave until I let him know I love him! Leia?s mind cried out.

She looked at her reflection in the mirror and took a deep breath.

And then, it was as if a veil had been lifted. Leia gasped and reeled back, sitting down on her bed. It was one of the few double beds on Echo Base, and Leia remembered Han teasing her about it on more than one occasion, which had always annoyed her immensely. She had never asked for the special treatment, but she certainly wasn?t about to turn anyone down if they gave her that bed to use, either.

As Leia sank down into the mattress, the memory came to her of the last time she had said those words:

?I worry about you every day.?

?I know, Father, but I need to do this. The Alliance needs me.?

?Be careful, my daughter.?

?I love you, Father.?

Those had been the last words Leia had ever said to her father. Less than two standard weeks later, she was a prisoner aboard the Death Star and Alderaan had been reduced to a pile of cosmic rubble.

?Slow down, Leia! Don?t run, sweetheart!?

?Mama! Mama! Come look at this?isn?t this beautiful??

?It?s the Emerald Falls?? Padmé?s voice faltered and Leia turned to look at her mother.

?What is it, Mama??

?It?nothing, sweetie. It?it just reminds me of?of a place I used to know.?

?Are you all right, Mama??

Padmé smiled. ?I?m fine, my darling. I love you.?

?I love you, too, Mama.?

A little more than a standard week later, Padmé was dead. Her death had been a mystery, and Leia never learned the true cause, although at the time, the only relevant fact that mattered to the five year old had been that her mother was gone?gone forever.

It?s nothing more than a stupid superstition, Leia scolded herself. It?s ridiculous! Everyone dies eventually. There?s no reason to believe that I?ve jinxed anyone. I can do this!

She looked at herself in the mirror again. ?Han?I can?t let you leave without telling you that I??

And then an image of Han?s bloodied and bruised face lying slack in death rose before Leia and she felt her heart squeeze in panic. I?can?t! I just can?t! Every time I?ve said those words to som

25. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Yay, I did get first post!

It sorta spoils stuff by reading the ending first, heh heh. I saw the last line of "Leia did not speak..." and thought something had gone wrong, so I got all worried and read the above paragraph.

Thankfully, nothing at all went wrong. ;)

Oh! Except Leia needs to tell Han, "I love you." It's better that she tell him when he's alive and then have him die later, rather than her never tell him it all. You know, like that "It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all" saying.

I have a few ideas as to where you're going with this, as Sunshine can tell you, hehe. And, believe it or not, I'm not scared anymore by this fic's now infamous ending (heh, I'm so skilled at changing my mind). This fic started out as something we all somewhat called "fun" and "light"--then everything went downhill. I'll admit that it's torture to see Han and Leia in love but obviously unable to stay together, but you know me... I enjoy ripping them apart. And, for me, it's kinda fun when other authors threaten to or actually go through with it, as well, heehee.

Then there's my theory that you're just toying with us all, and that in the end, Han and Leia will end up married and live happily ever after. But that's the optimist in me talking. :D

Anyway, I feel I've rambled here long enough, heh. As always, beautiful update, LadyPadme. I like the way you expressed the aftermath of Han and Leia's big smooch from Leia's point of view... And I definitely liked the way this chapter went out with a... You know, the word I was looking for was "bang," but that doesn't quite sound right, LOL. *Pulls mind out of the gutter*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.