main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Convalescence - Pre ESB H/L, AU - COMPLETED (But...you can choose your own ending! Check it out!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    IT'S OVER :eek: :eek: I CAN'T BELIEVE IT :_| :_|

Will edit when finish reading!!!

Grr stupid double post

jedi-lelila: Thank you for reading. I?m so impressed with the project you?re starting up. And your translations are way cool!
    Why... thank you very much LP *J-L bows* It means a lot for me that you liked them. Especially coming from you...

In case any one is wondering, at this time, I have no plans for a sequel.
    Why? Does that mean that Han will REALLY die?
    Because I have a theory about it. If you don't do a sequel, then Han is dead. Else if do a sequel then that means that you found a way for Han and Chewie to escape... I believe you'll do that since you can't do ANY harm to your beloved Han Solo :D :D :D See? I do remember the lesson :D :D

As for The Jade Prophecy well I'm not a real fan of L/M. But since there is some H/L in your story... well, I'll do an effort but I'm still not sure [face_devil] [face_devil]
    Could you PM when you'll start it please?? I think I'll be there but only because it's you [face_laugh] ;)

2. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
  3. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    NOOOOO!!! Please there needs to be a sequel!! She needs to tell him she loves him. He needs to know about the baby. Please say you'll think about it? But otherwise it was great!!!!!!!!

4. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Why were you worried, LP? I liked that ending. ;)

I mean, of all the terrible possibilities there were, this wasn't so bad. [face_laugh]

Although I do have to say this -- Way to go, Leia. Give him the death mark after you realize you're carrying his child. Classy. :p

Seriously, though, the characterization of the final chapter stayed perfectly true to the way you've set them up as we moved along. I knew Leia wouldn't tell him to his face. I knew he'd leave. And I knew they'd both be angry they left on the terms they did -- and unsure of what to expect for the future. This ending made absolutely perfect sense. (And no one died, which was nice. ;))

I, for one, say "No Sequel!" for this story. Why? Because, you see, now I can imagine on my own what happens next. Not that I'm sure what that is, at least not yet, but it involves Han and Leia finding a way to be together and happy. Whereas if you write a sequel... [face_mischief] So, if you don't mind, leave me to my happy musings. :D

Wonderful story, LP! I'll keep an eye out for your next one, for sure. ;)

5. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Hey look!! It's 5:40 PM and not 2 AM! *looks around in shock*
    IT WAS SO AMAZING!! A BABY!! AWWWWW. You have to write a sequel or an epilogue or SOMETHING. WE MUST NO WHAT HAPPENS! I loved it so much!!!
    I, uh, had the pictures of the bantha..... but before I could develop the film.... poor baby bantha was hungry... the camera must have looked appetizing. OH PLEASE GIVE US MORE!!!
    A. Windsor

6. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    * grins again * It seems opinion is divided on whether or not there should be a sequel. I personally loved the ending to Gone With the Wind and how it left so many unanswered questions. I know there was a sequel, but as far as I'm concerned, Scarlett never happened, just like COPL never happened. Now, I'm by no means comparing my writing to the superlative work of Margaret Mitchell, but I'm just saying I loved her ending the best.

Anyway, onto replies:

rxchiquita: Thank you :D Yes, this wasn't as bad as it could be. I did have fun frightening people, though. Thanks for reading!

TiaRaye: Good guess :D So you knew where I was taking this, eh? Well, anyway, glad you read through to the end.

DarthMasan: My muse knows she only gets Diet Coke if she works ;)

RogueSticks: * :eek: Ducks from rotten vegetables and takes off running... :eek: *

NETTYTHEPRINCESS: Glad to see that you're reconstituted, and thank you so much for reading.

Puggy: I'm so pleased that you liked the way it ended. I had originally planned a happy ending, but your thing about liking sad H/L endings inspired me to go in this direction.

RebelPrincess: Sorry, no sequel, but I'm glad you liked it.

Gabri_Jade: Oops! Forgot to hand bouquet of thank-you roses to my evil twin and #1 poster on this story. Thanks :D

jedi-lelila: Really? :eek: This was the first story you read on the boards? Wow! I'm so flattered. The fact that there are no plans for a sequel doesn't mean Han dies, it just means that you can choose whatever ending you want for them.

GreatOne: Thanks ;)

starwarsfan68: Nope. No dice. No sequel. But thank you so much for reading! It was great to have you along.

Darth_Lex: I, for one, say "No Sequel!" for this story. Why? Because, you see, now I can imagine on my own what happens next. Not that I'm sure what that is, at least not yet, but it involves Han and Leia finding a way to be together and happy. Whereas if you write a sequel...

- Awww! [face_love] What a sweet thing to say! [face_love]

A-Windsor: Sorry, no sequel. Your baby bantha came to my house and ate the diskette. ;)

I know I said no sequel, but I may have an alternate ending in the works. If you're interested, check back on this fic in the next couple of days....

...if you dare ]:)

7. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I did NOT see that coming!! Gaaah aaaaah!!!!
    Part of me wants to throttle you for the bitter sweet ending, but at the same time--so GREAT. I mean....grrr...of course I wish she said the words, and then suddenly there's an epilogue and Han returns and life is one big rose garden for them, but...MAN! The sick 'I love reading painful fanfic' part of me LOVES how you did it. (and of course, the sadistic, evil author in me loves it, too).

Great, great, story, Lady Padme. Loved it. And even now, I'm fighting the urge to demand a happy sequel for our couple, but the sick part of me won't allow it.

Write more fic soon, man. It's been a treat.

Later! :)

8. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    I don't necessarily want a sequel..... just... I dunno what I want. A snipet in the day of the life of one of them with a few clues as to what is happening! hehehehe.
    *shakes off the annoying baby bantha chewing her ankles and scrambling up her knees* It's 12:36 AM. hehehehe Baby Bantha, you may be getting a sibling.

Love your stuff, LadyPadme!!!

A. Windsor

9. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    I know there won't be a sequel...I was just enjoying it so much I didn't want it to end :D I really did like the ending though...it was fitting for the story. I'll just imagine what happens to them in the future :) If you find time to write the alternate ending though, I'll be sure to read it! :)

10. FreighterPilot

FreighterPilot Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2003
    I agree with many of the others.

In other words, I can't decide whether or not I want a sequel. I certainly see the merits of leaving the story as is, but at the same time, the shipper in me wants to see "happily ever after." I will read the alternate ending if you choose to post one, but I think it will take me a while to get to it, as I ponder possible outcomes to the story as it stands.

Anyway, it's been a great ride LadyPadme, thanks for having me along.

FreighterPilot

11. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    *takes roses*

Why, thank you! I was number 1 poster? :eek: Cool! :D Of course, it's pretty easy with your stories, Jieh. :D

*hands a huge slice of New York cheesecake topped with strawberries to evil twin for being such a talented author* :D

12. jedi-lelila

jedi-lelila Jedi Master star 3

Jun 14, 2003
    I'll dare LP , I'll dare

13. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Now that was a surprise ending. Well...I can't say we weren't forewarned. ;) Great job LadyPadme! I may be in the minority here but I for one would love a sequel or alternate ending. As much as I love angst, I'm also a sucker for happily ever after endings. :)

14. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

StonedRose: * grins * Do you know how much that 'GAAAHHH!' made my day? I just love doing that to people :D Thanks so much for reading.

A-Windsor: No sequel, like I said, just alternate ending(s)

FreighterPilot: Well, see what you make of the alternate ending thingy that I'm putting up ;)

Gabri_Jade: Ooh! Cheesecake! Yum...drool... :p Thanks!

jedi-lelila: Okay, I'll put it out for you to bite [face_devil]

Sologal: Alternate ending(s) coming up.

More right away. ;)

15. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Okay, like I said, I was thinking of an alternate ending scenario. This idea came to me last night while I was snapping bean sprouts (NOT cutting bokchoy, Gabri! :eek: ). Anyway, here it goes: Below are four alternate endings I've written for the story. The official ending is still the one I posted on Sunday, but my question to you, dear reader is, which of these four alternate endings would you choose...if any?

A.

The young resident doctor came out of the surgery and stopped in front of Han, Luke and Chewbacca, all of whom wore expressions of fear on their faces. He gazed at them in sympathy, especially at Han, whose shadowed eyes, hollowed cheeks, stubble growth and rumpled hair and clothes bespoke many days of agony and fear.

?How?how?? Luke started asking, but his words failed him.

?I regret to inform you that Miss Organa did not survive,? the doctor said, the hollow monotone of his voice masking his feeling of awkwardness and sympathy. In his nervousness, he began to babble: ?Her?her aorta had ruptured?there was too much blood loss?she didn?t get here in time??

?No?no?.NOOOOO!!!!!? the anguished howls that came from Han?s throat didn?t seem human to the doctor?s ears. ?Damn you to all nine Hells of Corellia! What the hell were they doing giving her case to you? You don?t even look old enough to tie your own shoelaces! Do you KNOW who she was? She wasn?t just ?Miss Organa!? She was the Princess of Alderaan! She was?she was??

Beside him, Chewbacca threw back his head and gave an anguished howl.

?What about?hush, Chewbacca! What about the baby?? Luke interrupted, as he put his arm around Han?s shoulders, almost keeping the Corellian upright by sheer force of will.

Again, the doctor shook his head. ?I?m sorry, sir. The baby did not survive, either.? The doctor did not add that the blaster shot that tore through patient Organa?s abdominal aorta also ripped through the near-term fetus? heart killing the fetus outright. Uncomfortable dealing with grieving patients, the doctor longed to get away as quickly as possible. ?I?m sorry,? he mumbled, edging away down the hall. ?I?m sorry??

Han awoke feeling his head splitting in two.

The bright sunlight that streamed in through the opened window seemed to lance through his eyeballs pinning them into the back of his head. His throat felt dried, parched, almost closed in upon itself.

When he tried to move, he felt every muscle, every joint in his body scream in aching protest.

?Han.?

The word was spoken quietly but ricocheted and echoed through Han?s brain like a blaster shot. He closed his eyes with a groan. ?What, kid? Stop shouting.?

?Are you all right??

?Wonderful,? Han said, with an effort. He was a little disoriented. Where was he, and why was he here? And how had he ended up like this?

And then, the answers he didn?t want came flooding back into his mind. Leia was dead. Leia and his baby. And he had been the one who had shot them.

Near the end of her pregnancy, Leia had been removed from the Alliance?s active duty roster. Almost immediately, she had left base and gone to look for Han. Luke had tried to dissuade her, begging her to stay on Hoth for her own safety, but she could not be persuaded. Remembering his promise to the Han before the Corellian had left Echo Base, Luke had taken his vow seriously. He had resigned his commission with the Rogues and had gone to protect Leia.

Through a nebulous series of contacts of whom Luke had not known Leia possessed, they managed to get onto Han?s trail, and followed him to his small planet in the back of the beyond.

Han had not realized that Leia was the one following him that day when he stepped out of the bar. He had felt that prickly sensation at the back of his neck, signaling that someone was watching him. He tried evasion, but his tail was persistent; finally, he decided he?d had enough. He refused to be dispatched by a shot through his back. He drew his blaster, turned, and fired.

In the flash of light that accompanied the blaster bolt,

16. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    I LOVE ending A. I really think I'm some sort of sadistic freak or something... The fact that Han shot Leia is really what "made" that ending...

Plus, Leia got to tell Han she loved him before she died! Better to have loved and, errr, died... Rather than to have never loved at all!

So, ending A was my favorite of the A-D endings, but my favorite ending of them all is definitely the "original" ending.

Great endings, LadyPadme, but I'm happy with "official" ending you wrote. :)

17. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    All those alternate endings are pure EVIL! Pure, pure evil! [face_devil]

18. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Awesome, LP! Totally awesome! :D :D

A) Brilliantly evil. [face_devil] Poor Han. :_|

B) Cool, but not dark enough. I mean, Leia seems happy. :eek: And if Han has the money to pay Jabba, Boba has no reason to hurt him -- he can deliver him to Jabba, let Han pay Jabba, get paid the bounty, and then let Jabba decide Han's fate. Not evil enough, really. :p

C) Hee hee! Classic! [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

D) VADER!! Woohoo!!!!! :D

For me it's a terribly close call between C and D. Flipping a coin, I pick D.

One question, though. We have "Han killing Leia" (A), "Boba or Jabba killing Han (maybe)" (B), and "Imps killing the family" (D). What you didn't give us is "Leia killing Han" -- accidentally (but that's too much like A) or perhaps in a pregnancy-horomone-induced rage? :p I dunno. I might have voted for that one... [face_mischief] [face_mischief]

Great fun!! Thanks for posting these. :D

19. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    All I can say is that, you are mean! I have to agree, all three were good endings but they all scared me, I say keep the original ending, I dont want anybody to be dead! ;)

Great Job,

DM

20. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    You know, LP, only you can make me grin at such evil scenarios. [face_devil] I also can't believe that your muse is prolific enough that you found inspiration for five different endings to this story! :eek:

Overall, I have to agree with Puggy. Ending A is by far the best of the alternates (talk about angst!), but I like the original ending the very best. I think what I really want to know is how many diehard H/L fans keeled over reading ending A and couldn't get to reading the others right away? [face_devil] I'll admit, if you put Luke and Mara in that scenario, I might be calling for your blood, Jieh. :p Thanks for sharing the results of your evil, evil imagination with us! :D

21. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    your evil, evil imagination with us!

Got that right! :p

Wow! i just read the last few chapters and the alternate endings!! You're crazy to be able to think up so many options. Meh!

Marvellous job, though! Brilliant!

22. starwarsfan68

starwarsfan68 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 25, 2003
    OHH i can't choose. Each made me happy and sad at the same time. Tough one.

23. StonedRose

StonedRose Jedi Master star 2

Jan 20, 2001
    Ha ha ha ha ha!

LadyPadme, what can I say? You are delightfully evil. I like you. [face_devil]

24. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    Those endings are even more evil than the real one!!!! oye!!! Lol. They were wonderfully written though. *sigh* silly little LadyPadme. Baby Bantha says hi...

A. Windsor and Baby Bantha

25. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    You are so evil, LP!! :p

Ending A:
    RP bursts into tears. Leia and baby both die with a blaster shot inflicted by none other than Han Solo. You are so evil! It was very well written, sad, and also...intriguing.

Ending B:
    CURSE YOU BOBA FETT!! Hehe. Here you give us an alternate ending that still leaves us hanging! You and your Han torture! You burst his bubble of happiness!

Ending C:
    It was all a dream??? AGH! Hmmm...will things go on to happen as in the dream...or will there be an alternate alternate ending? *RP's brain starts to hurt*

Ending D:
    RP bursts into tears once again. A terribly sad ending, but Vader's in this one. I love Vader!

Which one do I like best? Well, I really do love the original ending. Sometimes the best endings are left to imagination. However, I also thoroughly enjoyed all of these alternate endings. It seems like you were on a rather morbid kick, LP :p Hmm...if I have to pick...I choose ending A. Does that make me weird? I guess I go for these horrible irony type things...

Thanks for writing the alternate endings for us readers who can never seem to get enough :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.