main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Convalescence - Pre ESB H/L, AU - COMPLETED (But...you can choose your own ending! Check it out!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Sorry I've been away for a vacation so I just got back. Amazing story - beautifully done, heartwrenching and poignant. Made me want to read each post and hunger for more.

Now for the alternate endings. I always love a happy ending so I acutually didn't like any of them as much as the original. The ending you originally wrote was perfect!!!!

Looking forward to more of your stories. Terrific job!!!!

2. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    Absolutely LadyPadme, you could hind in Hungary, but Shhh don?t tell anybody! ;)

So one more story ended. :( What could I do at Tursday and Friday evenings?
    ??If you planned a sequel?? ?[face_plain] Please not make Leia so nauseaous (poor girl thrown up her soul in other stories already).

Thank you for the many happy hours of reading this amazing story of yours.
    I hope you have something up in your sleeve. :D

Zsuzsa

3. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Sorry to see it end-but I loved every post of it!
    Another Great Job!

4. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    Puggy: * grins * I had a feeling that 'A' would appeal to your morbid side. It's okay...I've got a sadistic side, too...but of course, you knew that [face_devil]

GreatOne: All those alternate endings are pure EVIL! Pure, pure evil!

-Heh. Heh. Heh.

Darth_Lex: What you didn't give us is "Leia killing Han" -- accidentally (but that's too much like A) or perhaps in a pregnancy-horomone-induced rage?

* giggles * Wow! I wish I'd thought of that, myself. Darn! You've got more than a touch of the evil yourself, I daresay.

DarthMasan: Yes, you know I'm mean. * grins unrepentently * And I intend to continue being mean...

Gabri_Jade: I'll admit, if you put Luke and Mara in that scenario, I might be calling for your blood, Jieh.

- I'm just starting my foray into L/M writing, Mei...ya never know what could come out of the evil master brain. Don't laugh too hard...

KatarnLead: You're crazy to be able to think up so many options.

- I thought everyone knew I was clinically insane.

starwarsfan68: * laughs * It's okay...just so long as you liked them. Thanks :)

StonedRose: * grins * I like you, too. More to the point, I'd like you to update your STORY!!!

A-Windsor: * Waves to baby bantha * I feel like I've got a pet, now. Maybe he can be my story mascot :D Thanks for reading and declaring them evil ;)

RebelPrincess: * LP hands tissues * It's okay, the real ending is still the one from Sunday...

dianethx: Welcome back! * grins * The alternate endings were my way of being evil as is my true nature...

zsuzsa: * LP packs bags to fly to Budapest * Thank you so much for reading. I'm glad you enjoyed it!

Kab730: Thank you so much for reading to the end. I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

5. A-Windsor

A-Windsor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    YOU feel like you've got a pet? B.B. follows me EVERYWHERE on this site and insists on signing all reviews. He says right now that he would love to be the mascot for the stories of the wonderful, talented writer LadyPadme. (I think he's been hanging out around the boards while I'm at class.... his vocabulary is growing)
    He is also very happy that you chose the ending you did. Anyway, B.B. and I loved it.

A. Windsor and Baby Bantha

6. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    I'm just starting my foray into L/M writing, Mei...ya never know what could come out of the evil master brain. Don't laugh too hard...

Who's laughing? I'm much more worried! :eek: ;)

7. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    LP you are clearly a devil among men. The first big-budget movie I make is going to have five endings just to piss you off. Seriously. ::shakes fist threateningly:: Just you wait!! Lover of irony that I am, I'd go with A out of your four alternate endings. But now that you've given them to us, I don't want them anymore. I'm more happy with the original where I at least have hope. Hope-Stealer!

LP IS A SHE-DEMON!

8. Tycalibur

Tycalibur Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 26, 2001
    Hello hello hello!!! Huffs and puffs into the fray.

Just in time for the alternate endings.

It would have to be the happy ending. Yes. Because that's the way SW endings turn out, right? *sits in denial of the way Ep. III is going to play out* :p

I loved this story, LP. Are you going to consider just tying it into your OSAS/ILAW saga? I think you ought to consider it (though I'm sure you have).

~Ty

9. Jedi-2B

Jedi-2B Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2000
    It can't end like this, she thought.

Well, maybe it can, if those other scenarios are the alternate choices! You just wrote those as punishment for the readers clamoring for a sequel, didn't you, Evil One?

Jedi-2B: Now, my new goal is to convert you from L/M-ism into H/L-ism...Hmm?probably not going to work, is it?

Nope, won't work. I thought you did very well to convert me to spending this much time reading H/L fics, but they will never replace M/L.

Especially since my next fic is due to feature L/M very prominently.

Which is the main reason that I don't mind there not being a sequel to Convalescence. I am really looking forward to the upcoming story. :D

10. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    [face_devil] That's all.

I can't believe it's over!!

I'll be looking out for your next fic--give me a PM, would you, as I don't browse after the saga much.

I can't believe I'm actually going to read Luke/Mara [face_blank]

11. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Uh, LadyPadme, none of those scenarios are what I had in mind when I said I like happily ever after endings. ;) While they're all well written, I can't honestly say I'd choose any of them. I'm too fond of happy endings. ;)

12. recklessabandon

recklessabandon Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 20, 2002
    I can't believe I missed the ending! Bah. I was in Key West. Anyway, I liked the original ending. Compared to the alternate endings I LOVED the original. After reading ending A I was scared to read the other three lol. But after a little bit of arguing with myself (that sounds insane) I agreed to read them. Damn me and my curiosity. I liked ending A the best probably because of the last line. ?Hello, Boba,? Han said pleasantly, sliding into the seat opposite the bounty hunter. My sadistic side LOVED that!

LP IS A SHE-DEMON!

Hear! Hear!

13. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    - I thought everyone knew I was clinically insane.

True dat.

And it seems with me that everyone I know is clinically insane! :p

14. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

A-Windsor: Hey, so are you going to give Baby Bantha a name? Or do we just call him B.B.? ;)

Gabri_Jade: Heh. Heh. Heh. Yes, in my next story I'm just getting to the point where... [face_devil]

RogueSticks: LP IS A SHE-DEMON!

[face_love]Why, thank you so much! [face_love]

Tycalibur: Thank you for reading to the end.

Are you going to consider just tying it into your OSAS/ILAW saga?

- No, this story is stand alone, and has nothing to do with the others. :D

Jedi-2B: Well, maybe it can, if those other scenarios are the alternate choices! You just wrote those as punishment for the readers clamoring for a sequel, didn't you, Evil One?

- I didn't so much write this as punishment for others as do it as a treat for myself ;)

Sock_of_Darth_Vader: I can't believe I'm actually going to read Luke/Mara [face_blank]

- :eek: I can't believe it, either. Will definitely PM you. :D

Sologal: * grins * I'm just glad you didn't threaten to come shoot me!

recklessabandon: Thank you so much for reading this to the end. So, you liked 'A' the best, too, huh? [face_devil]

KatarnLead: * giggles * Crazy, eh? Did you know the Handmaidens have been having a discussion about your thighs? ;)

15. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    Hehehe. His name IS Baby Bantha, B.B. for short he wants you to know. He's actually settling down for bed now, as I should be. I don't want anymore banthas! One is enough!
    *looks down to the rapidly growing, sleepy ball of fur* I just can't WAIT til he starts his horns growing. *groans in sarcasm*
    Night, LadyPadme

A. Windsor and Sleeping B.B.

16. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I finally caught up with this story, and I must say, my theory on your ending was definitely way off. Also being a fan of GWTW, I actually really liked the ending. It was wonderfully ambiguous, leaving the reader to write whatever ending they wanted. My imagined ending is of course in favor of a future reunion between Han and Leia. I DO NOT WANT A SEQUEL TO THIS STORY. If there is no sequel, then my imagined ending can always be possible. That is the best thing about ambiguous endings. As for my opinion on "Scarlett", the written sequel to GWTW, the one thing I did like about it was Scarlett's conclusion that home was wherever Rhett was, that love was what really mattered. A very Han/Leia connection in my book.

As for your alternate endings, I suspect you wrote them all so evil so that we would definitely prefer the actual ending over all four of them. A very smart tactic! If I had to pick one, I would pick C, but only because it was so Dallas. LOL!

Another beautiful Han & Leia story, LadyPadme! Looking forward to reading your sequel to ILAW. You are one of the best!!!! :)

17. Narssayah

Narssayah Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2003

LP i've just finished reading your four alternate endings: you're EVIL ; more than I've ever thought possible.

A: Han killed Leia :_| :eek: :eek: :_| Usually, he can stop himself before shooting, when he sees he's wrong.
    So my theory is: either he was really fed up of her :D or he was at the end of his tether ;)

B: Classical Boba :mad: :mad: :mad: and :mad: again

C: A dream? Hey *J-L is proud of her* I've felt it since the beginning it was a dream.
    I knew it, after all, all that story was too beautiful, too great, too well written; so it HAD TO BE a dream. [face_devil] The contrary was impossible. :) :)
    (PS: No, I'm not jealous of Leia... Well, OK maybe a little ;) )

D: Vader? What is he doing here? Looking for new apprentices?
    ?Really? I?d wondered how your aim suddenly became so accurate.? I mean, when did stormtroopers did learn how to fire correctly?? :p

...runs away really fast... Maybe you better do LP :D

Anyway, I thought that the official ending was unfair for both Han and Leia, but, now, compared to the four alternate endings, I think it's the best one. At least, they're just separated and nobody's dead... yet. [face_mischief]

Jedi-Lelila

18. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    I miss the end! I miss the end! :(
    But I have a wonderfull time in a wonderfull island. :) I am in an internet cafe and I am trying to catch up. I liked the idea for alternative ends my lady.
    I prefer C. Its the most unexpected and they have all ESB and ROTJ to be together.
    I think I have mentioned that I hate stories without a happy end, didn't I? :mad:
    You don't have any wicked plans for Mara in your sequel, not a happy end, I mean.
    Just to be more certain... ;)
    Patmian cheespie and nutcake with ice cream for you, my lady, something special from Patmos. :D

19. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    I've been out of town for the last week, so I'm just now catching up on this story. I *loved* the way it ended, and I'm sure Leia will be able to tell Han her feelings for him when he gets back- after all, ANYTHING's better than those terrible alternate endings!! :) Reading this fic has been amazing, and I'm so lucky to have found it- but the boards are even luckier to have you around as an author!

20. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

A-Windsor: You can send B.B. over to stay the night anytime. I think he's kinda cute... ;)

Solo_Fan: Wow! I'm glad you were surprised with the ending. Thanks for reading that far, and again, there will be no sequel. The alternate endings were just my way of getting evilness out of my system, but I liked the original ending the best, too.

jedi-lelila aka Narssayah: * grins * I get eviller as I age... [face_devil]

JediArwen: Mmmm....thank you for the snack...what I have in mind for L/M? [face_devil]

Miska: Thank you, sweetie! [face_blush]

21. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
    *rolls eyes*

That red-head of mine has a lot to answer for, I swear.

*shakes head in wonder as walks off*

22. A-Windsor

Apr 22, 2003
    Hehehehe. B.B. loves that idea. How about next weekend?
    He is very excited!!! I can hardly contain him. *shakes head* Baby banthas are VERY hyper.

A. Windsor and Baby Bantha

23. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

KatarnLead: Oba's a redhead? :eek:

A-Windsor: Sure, next weekend is good, as long as he is house trained ;)

24. Dori

Dori Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2003
    Wow! I've been away for a while again ( I just love long summer holidays [face_love] )so I could catch up just now with reading. LadyPadme, this story was fantastic! I found great that Leia got to kick some a$$ (Whooo! Girl power! 8-} ) and the "hello kiss"...Sweet [face_love]. Oh, and I found the offical ending the best, because I saw that one coming! ;) but from the alternate endings I'd prefer A (It would be terrible if Han shoot Leia- so morbid:that's why I like it [face_devil]) or D. It's a perfect, harmonic ending- and then Lord Vader shows up... A classic! :D Anyway, I loved this story, thanks for sharing it!

25. TiaRaye

TiaRaye Jedi Master star 1

Jun 3, 2003
    *Tia frolics back into the thread after a substantial absence*

Tia: Tra la la la la......

*Notices more endings!*

Tia: WoW! LP must have taken pity on us and gave a happy ending, too!

*Tia reads endings*

Tia: Oh, no!!!! This can't be!!! Nor this one, that one, and especially not the other one!!!! Even LP Can't be that cruel! Some evil demon must have taken over the thread! No one is safe!!!!! I have to save her!!

*Tia runs off, screaming...*

Tia: Everyone, Don't!!!! It's a trap!

IT'S A TRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.