main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Convalescence - Pre ESB H/L, AU - COMPLETED (But...you can choose your own ending! Check it out!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LadyPadme, May 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

RogueSticks: * laughs * I post on Mondays and Fridays....

Gabri_Jade: Little sister, you're just saying that. I'll bet you're a total softie underneath. ;)

Puggy: I agree, Han's a handful even under the best of circumstances...

RebelPrincess: Don't hurt Han! He's going to have a hangover as is!

KatarnLead: Burkie, you're so understanding :D

More tomorrow night!

2. zsuzsa

zsuzsa Jedi Master star 1

Mar 10, 2003
    HAN dear boy this is a dangerous way to you, you never know how would a pissed of princess react to your actions...

I'd have poured all that whiskey on the top of his head if I was in Leia's shoes.

But the chance still stands for him, thought the nex day they will have breakfast, lunch and dinner too......[face_devil][face_devil][face_devil]

P.S. I still love our Corellian even he is such an idiot sometimes.

Zs.

3. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Loved the little voice in Han's head. I would call that the rational part of his personality trying to get through to the irrational part. This story is so much fun. Leia will probably still be there to help Han through his hangover. When she believes in a cause, she sticks to it. :)

4. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

zsuzsa: I'd have poured all that whiskey on the top of his head if I was in Leia's shoes.

* giggles * Me, too!

Solo_Fan: Loved the little voice in Han's head. I would call that the rational part of his personality trying to get through to the irrational part.

- What? :eek: Are you saying Han has a rational part?

More right away!

5. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Chapter Eight

Leia looked down at Han?s body sprawled on the floor and she frowned in a mixture of consternation, annoyance and sympathy.

?You?re a stubborn nerfheaded idiot!? Leia reached an arm around and under Han?s shoulder, helping him up. She maneuvered him toward his bed but was unable to support his weight any longer and they ended up collapsing onto the bed together. ?What the hell has gotten into you today??

?Why are you doing this?? Han asked.

?What??

?Why have you been doing this? All of this??

?All of what? Han?I don?t understand what you?re talking about.? Leia?s brow furrowed in confusion.

?All that you?ve done for me these last few days. Why have you been doing it??

Leia focused her eyes onto Han?s face more clearly. She could smell the alcohol clearly on his breath, but his eyes were steady. Her breath caught. What was he fishing for? Was he just asking a rhetorical question because he was drunk? Or was there something else behind all this?

?Han?you had an accident. Do you remember this or are you too drunk to remember your own name? You were unconscious for nearly two days. I was out of my mind with worry that you might not make it. I only did what anyone with a gram of compassion would do in the same circumstances. I took care of you. And now?look at you! You?re doing your damnedest to undo all my work!?

?You were out of your mind with worry for me?? Han asked, lifting his head

Leia gasped. Out of her entire diatribe was that the only thing Han had heard? ?Lie back down,? she ordered, sternly.

?Did you worry, Princess?? Han would not be diverted.

Trying to make her heartbeat slow down a little from the tone of Han?s voice, Leia paused. She tried to collect her thoughts enough to speak coherently. ?Of course I worried about you, Han. How would I have gotten back to Base if you died??

Leia?s jocularity fell flat. Han didn?t grin as she hoped he would. He continued to gaze steadily at her for several moments but said nothing.

?What?s the matter, Han?? Leia asked finally.

?For once, Princess?you couldn?t admit that me might have done this because you cared??

?Of course I care for you,? Leia said, quickly; perhaps a little too quickly. ?You?re one of my best friends. I?I know we?re always at each others? throats, but I?ve always thought of you as my friend.?

?A friend?? Han gave a bitter sounding laugh. ?Is that all I am to you??

?What are you talking about?? Leia was suddenly acutely conscious that she was lying on Han?s bed with her arm around him. She lurched away from him with a feeling akin to panic.

?Why are you asking me this, Han? What am I to you, then??

?I think you know,? Han said, softly.

With her breath suspended, Leia searched Han?s face carefully, afraid to believe he was saying what it sounded like he was saying. Was he saying that he saw her as more than a friend? That he cared for her? Faced with Han?s bluntness, she found herself swiftly re-evaluating her relationship with Han and her own views of where they stood with each other. She admitted to herself that she cared for him. After all they had been through together, he was definitely one of the most important people in her life. But, she also admitted to herself that she had been through just as much with Luke, and she didn?t feel this same ambiguity with Luke. While she saw clearly that Luke had some romantic feelings toward her, she knew she didn?t reciprocate those feelings. She saw Luke as a good friend and she felt only sisterly affection for him.

With Han, on the other hand, her feelings toward him were confusing and frequently volatile, and she was never sure exactly what she felt for him. She admitted to herself that was because she had never had the courage to ask herself exactly what she felt for Han. She certainly cared for him, but did it extend any deeper than friendship? She remembered, fleetingly, the stark terror she had felt when she found Han on the floor of the lounge, and her fear that he might be taken away from her, along with

6. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    ahhh!!!! nooooo!!! im not sure who to hit now!!! rrrrrrgg.... friday.....rrrrgggg...
    *sits back down and continues to pout*

anyways, YEAY first poster! loved the confusion in Leias head... hehehe.... talk about everyday balony that goes through my head.... hehehe

awaiting paciently(yeah right...) for next post,

DM

7. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    Woooooo!

They have SO got to get their timing together. Next post. Promise me.

EDIT: Dangit. DM beat me to the first post. I tried to nab it.

8. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    I had to laugh at the last post. What do they say...timing is everything...LOL.

That was quite sweet and very Han/Leia! You have quite captured their relationship and the characterizations of both are perfect. Keep up the good work!

9. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    I'm just cussing up a Corellian storm over the ending to that last post. So typical of Han and Leia, and so damn frustrating for us readers. The worst part of the whole thing is that I agree with why Leia should be questioning whether she should tell Han she loves him. It may be the truth, but she has every right to question what exactly his intentions are. While Han has been with the Rebellion for the last three years, some of his actions and behaviors towards her give her good reason to question what kind of commitment he would make to her. And, I don't see Leia as the type to get involved in a strictly casual relationship. Can't wait for Friday!!!!

10. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    I really liked this post, LadyPadme. Han is so Han when he is confronting things head on. ;)

I hope Leia has it straight how she feels now. She certainly has given it some thought. Time for action now, Princess. Once he sobers up, go get your nerfherder! :)

J_Girl

11. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    They are both so stubborn!! Oh well, it wouldn't be the same if they weren't :p Great writing - you portray their relationship so well! I can't wait till the next post. Maybe they will stop being stubborn soon and admit they love each other :) Then again, maybe not :)

12. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    *laughs*

Oh, now that's a thing of beauty, it really is. All that introspection and soul-searching, only to have him conk out on her. :D You're a good reader-torturer. ;)

Taking the coward?s way out, she ran swiftly down the hallway toward the galley.

A good reader-torturer with a most excellent way with words! Can't wait to see what their next angst-filled obstacle will be. :D

13. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
  14. Sologal

Sologal Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2000
    Wonderful post, LadyPadme. I'm loving this story more with each new post. I love how Han outright confronts Leia about her reasons for helping him and I love how it starts Leia questioning her own feelings. You truly have these two down pat and I anxiously await the next post.

15. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

DarthMasan: The confusion in their heads is only gonna get worse. After all, Han suffered the concussion...

RogueSticks: If they ever got their timing together the planets would suddenly align and alter the rotation on their axes. ;)

dianethx: Thank you! I'm flattered you like my portrayal :)

Solo_Fan: I'm just cussing up a Corellian storm over the ending to that last post. So typical of Han and Leia, and so damn frustrating for us readers.

- Heh. [face_devil]

J_Girl: Han is so Han when he is confronting things head on.

- Han's drunk off his head ;)

RebelPrincess: Maybe they will stop being stubborn soon and admit they love each other Then again, maybe not

- RP, when you've gotten to know me a little longer, you'll know my literary goal in life is to torture my readers...

Gabri_Jade: Mei Mei...should I add 'reader-torturer' to my sig? :)

crystalrain: :D right back atcha!

Sologal: I love how Han outright confronts Leia about her reasons for helping him and I love how it starts Leia questioning her own feelings.

- The Skywalker family unfortunately has some emotional impairment issues. It generally takes a thunderbolt for them to get their emotional issues under control. Which makes it so much fun for me!

16. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Ladypadme, that was lovely. You really have a way of getting into Leia's head--quite frankly, I'm envious!

I must admit I was smiling very widely when Han was saying those things to Leia... *Giggle* It was easy to picture him saying those things in that special way he does, heh.

People like Han Solo don?t love?they just leave a trail of broken hearts behind them.

That was a b-e-a-u-tiful (anyone see Bruce Almighty?) line, LP, dear. It's plain to see why Leia would think such a thing, but I hope she gets some sensed knocked into her, not to mention better timing! :)

17. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    HAN! Wakey wakey!

[face_devil]!

18. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    /\ [face_laugh]

lol, Cat!

19. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Dangit. DM beat me to the first post. I tried to nab it. :p ;)

20. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Puggy: Wouldn't you just melt into a puddle on the floor if Han said those things to you? ;)

Sock_of_Darth_Vader: Han wakes up next post!

crystalrain and DarthMasan: :D

21. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    DM, you only beat me by ONE MINUTE! Next time! ::shakes fist::

22. KatarnLead

KatarnLead Jedi Grand Master star 3

Oct 5, 2002
  23. RebelPrincess

RebelPrincess Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2001
    RP, when you've gotten to know me a little longer, you'll know my literary goal in life is to torture my readers...

LOL, yeah, I gathered that :) When will we readers ever get the respect we deserve? :p Readers! Unite and fight against this torture...oh wait...then there's no story. Okay, carry on LP... :)

24. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Mei Mei...should I add 'reader-torturer' to my sig?

It's sooooo you. ;) :D

The Skywalker family unfortunately has some emotional impairment issues.

LOL!!! Oh, Jieh, understatement of the year! :D

25. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    But--but it'll be too late! Leia'll have persuaded herself that she was delusional, or something [face_devil] like that... :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.