Convention interest

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by JainaDurron, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    I am a part of a planning committee for a new convention we are wanting to start up to be annual. It's a multi-fandom convention. It is going to be over Labor Day weekend, premiering in 2006. We have a hotel secured in Kansas City, MO, a very nice location too. We are looking to have the website up within a week to start taking registration.

What I am wanting to know in this post, is what sort of interest is there for people to attend? And with that in mind, the interest of those that may wish to run a panel or two on any topic, particularly SW topics? I'd be greatly appreciative for some feedback on this matter. Thanks so much in advance to those that respond!

~~Jilly
  2. theBluePhoenix Jedi Knight

star 3
    Labor Day weekend is also the weekend of Dragon Con in Atlanta GA which is one of the biggest and some say best sci-fi, fantasy, and comic book conventions. People come from all over the country for Dragon Con and it may be difficult to compete with such an established and popular con. Any alternate dates?
  3. JainaDurron Jedi Master

star 4
    No there are no alternate dates. We know we are "up against" Dragon*Con that weekend. With every weekend we looked at, with how we wanted to schedule it and why, we were running into some sort of conflict with another con. And while D*C is a sci/fantasy con, this con is a multi-fandom con.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.