main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Convention/Show Schedules for Nien/Jerri......................

Discussion in 'Archive: Jacksonville, NC' started by JediKnight_Jerri, Apr 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnight_Jerri

JediKnight_Jerri Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 7, 2002
    Hey Jawas...............
    I thought I would start a thread here on conventions/shows that me & Mike will be doing............As they get etched in stone, then I will post them here so if any of ya'll can get out to them ----------- It would be SUPER GREAT ! ! !

We just got back from doing the EmpireFanFest in New Jersey & unfortunately I did not get it posted before hand.

We will be doing SW weekends at Disney on June 4, 5, & 6 2004...................We hope some of ya'll can make it.............even if you are not a JawaHunter, come on down to Disney for a great weekend of fun ! ! ! :)

2. NienNunb1

NienNunb1 Jacksonville, NC FanForce VIP VIP

Nov 3, 2003
    Yes it's all true....
    I replaced Billy Dee who's play got extended. I feel very honored to be going again. It's always a great time and they take good care of us guests. I'll be appearing with Warwick Davis. He and his family are so nice! So I was able to twist Jerri's arm to come with me.. took some doing but she finally gave in (can you say "Tattooine Trader"?).

We had a great time at the Empire Fan Fest in New Jersey with Jeremy Bulloch, Ken Colley, Michael Sheard and Shannon McRandle. Had a good catch up with Mark Hamill and his wife. She had me sign a Nien autograph for Nathan for their son's 21st birthday. He has the word Nien in his email address apparently, so that's cool. We talked about the "good old days" and our mutual Muppeteer friends. Mark did a great Q&A with the audience. Jerri and I were sitting in the front row. Mark happened to glance over at us just as Jerri was yawning.... bless her (ain't she cute).

Okay.... more news soon.....

Mikey ;)

3. benskywalker1

benskywalker1 Jedi Youngling

Mar 12, 2004
    Man I wish I could make it to Star Wars Weekend. Got to love being poor. :p

Hope you guys have tons of fun.....when school is done completely (2006 can't come fast enough) maybe I can get myself a good job to pay me half decent so I can go to one of these things.

4. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    CRAP! That's the same weekend as Con-Carolinas! Guess I won't get to see jerri that weekend. :(

5. motf-jan

motf-jan Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 25, 2001
    Yeah, me neither! Darn! I'm going to be going the weekend before with my daughter. Anybody going memorial day weekend?

Mike we definitely have to talk about getting you to ConCarolinas next year! But personally I'd pick Disney!<hee,hee>

Janet

6. NienNunb1

Nov 3, 2003
    Time to say hi again!

Jerri and I had a great Friday and Saturday at San Francisco Wondercon. Ther was a great gathering of all the fan groups from around the bay area for a dinner and get together and raffle prizes galore. Many of course were in costume. Steve Sansweet and Mary Franklin (both from Lucasfilm) also attended. Here's a pic of some of the group that night. Extra points for spotting Steve and Jerri...
    http://immortalize-the-moment.com/Wondercon/wondercon5.jpg

Saturday was great too as we watched much of the official club photo taking in costumes on the streets of San Francisco, causing much rubbernecking mayhem! We then checked out all the action on the show floor and hung out at the club tables. Then it was time to go see Tobey Maguire's Spidey 2 Q+A. He was very gracious and answered questions honestly and entertainingly.

Next it was time for Steve Sansweet's presentation. It was great fun and very informative. Even I started to get excited about Episode 3 and Celebration 3. Oh and Lucasfilm will have an awesome pavillion this year at the San Diego Comic Con with presentations and freebies.. so sell your clothes and get there...

Info on all this can be found on the Sacramento and SF Fan Force boards.

Then we had a fab dinner at Max's diner. Their slogan is "Not a good place for a diet"! They weren't kidding either. Talk about BIG FOOD!!! I had fried chicken. Wasn't sure how many chickens they had to kill for my dinner.. ha haa!!!

Finally we watched a couple of hours of fan films back at the screening theater, most of which I had not seen and thoroughly enjoyed!

Sunday was a much needed rest day.

Monday, as you all forgot... was Jerri's birthday! We had a great time in spite of nobody from the Jawa's remembering (piling on the guilt here...) Now you all must make it up to her.. heh heh...

So there we have it!

Next stop Star Wars Weekends Disney MGM Florida....

Later kids.

Mikey

7. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Belated happy birthday Jerri.

8. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    yup. I'm a bad CR. Didn't even know. sorry.

Happy birthday

9. Jedi_Master_Kel

Jedi_Master_Kel Jedi Youngling star 3

May 13, 2002
    Sorry Jerri, I didn't know it was your birthday. So go ahead and have a drink for me, and don't worry, Mike's driving.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

JMK

10. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    I'm the worst sis ever.

Sorry Jerri. I have no excuse.

Feliz Aniversario!

11. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    Thanks ya'll ! ! !

Janine you are not a bad sister so don't say that ! ! ! You are actually the best sister ever ! ! ! I am very proud to be able to say that you are my sister ! ! ! Thanks for the birthday card ! ! ! :)

Kevin...............that's funny............actually I had a few drinks that night, & you were right --- Mike did drive so I could have a few.

"Recap of my birthray" ------- I had no idea where we was going for my birthday (it was a surprise)...................We pulled up outside this resturant that I have heard so much about & have been wanting to go to............A Valet helped us out of the car & took our car & parked it for us (this was the first time I'd ever been anywhere that a Valet took your car for you). You can imagine the surprise on my face ! We went into this very classy resturant & was seated immediately b/c Mike had booked resverations. This place is so classy that you are asked to turn all cell phones & pagers off when you are seated so that you don't disturb anyone else. We had a wonderful meal (I had a few Mai Tai's w/mine). Dessert was one that they set on fire & it had Rum in it too. Mike gave me my birthday presents in-between the main meal & dessert ---------------- I got 2 birthday cards from him. He gave me a t'shirt that says "Skywalker Ranch" on it, a 2-disc cd by Jimmy Buffet, & a totally awsome digital camera w/extra battery & memory card other than what came w/it (I can take mini movies like you Sis w/this camera ! ! ! ) :) Oh, the name of the resturant was Trader Vics & the whole night was 'priceless" ! ! ! :) :) :)

12. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    Did you have bananna's foster or cherries jubilee for dessert? It sounds like your birthday was wonderful!

13. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Happy belated B-day, Jerri! By the way, its quite possible my nephew will be there for SW Weekends. He lives in Orlando. I told him to look for you two, and tell you I said Hey! His name is Blake, by the way, just in case he does happen to catch up to you. :)

14. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    A happy very belated birthday, Jerri! :D

Also, do you guys plan to fly out for Dragon*Con?

15. beafet

beafet Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 12, 2001
    Happy Birthday!!!

16. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    My husband and I will be at Dragon Con

17. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    You and your husband will have to stop by the FanForce table to say hi. :D

18. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    Hehehe, you know we will!!!

Can't wait to meet! Just look for the most handsome man in the galaxy and his wife, and that will be us!

19. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    Yes Manicia, we are planning on coming to DragonCon (at the moment anyways). Really depends on what is going on at the time, but our plan is be there. Just look for the most handsome man in the Universe & you will find me on his arm ! :)

20. NienNunb1

Nov 3, 2003
    Well.... (~gosh~)... the most beautiful woman in the SOLAR SYSTEM and myself are having a ball here at Star Wars Weekends.
    A few pictures are up at:

http://starwars.com/community/news/2004/06/news20040604.html

Now we expect a full report of all the goings on at ConCarolina... or is it CarolinaCon?......

Anyway all is good! Have fun!!!

Mikey & Jerri

21. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    Con Carolinas was super fun! The whole ROTO team had a blast, and had the oppertunity to be on many panels. We also gave away tons of free T-shirts, and plan to do so on our panel at Dragon-Con. Anyway, my mom and I entered the costume contest and both tied for "Best in Show." We one 1 million beads. It's a lot of beads. We gave away like 400,000 of them to the other contestants that wanted them, but that still leaves us with like 600,000.

Overall, it was a marvelous time.

22. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    I hope to finally meet you, Jerri. We had such plans last year...well, if you can call hanging out and having a cappucino "such plans." ;)

Perhaps we can actually do that this year...or at least sit at the FanForce table and have a coke. :)

And I look forward to meeting any of you other folks who decide to come down to Dragon*Con.

A few FYIs:

The Hothlanta Rebels will once again be holding a FanForce dinner during Dragon*Con. It it tentatively scheduled for Saturday, Sept. 4th, at 5:30 p.m. The location will be the Trader Vics inside the Hilton Hotel, which is across the street from the Marriott Marquis. Let's put it this way...it you're in the Hyatt, you walk across the street (or use the tubeway) to the Marriott, and then walk across another street to the Hilton. ;)

The time for this may change if there is a Dragon*Con scheduling conflict (such as a huge Star Wars contest or event).

The Hothlanta Rebels will also again be hosting the Mr. Star Wars contest, which is part of the Matters of the Force track at Dragon*Con. Right now, we're scheduled for Saturday night at 10:00 p.m. It was a huge success last year and we're hoping to make it a success once again. Oh, and all male Star Wars fans are invited to sign up. More information about it will be forthcoming...as well as a website dedicated solely to the Mr. Star Wars contest.

AND, we'll also be organizing the FanForce fan table again this year. Sign up sheets will be posted relatively soon. We just ask that folks donate an hour of their time to help out. I end up spending half my time there as that's where many of the FanForce folks from all over the country meet up to hang out.

Well, that's all the FYIs for now. ;)

23. jkg_vader

Jul 31, 2003
    What is the Mr. Star Wars contest???

24. Minacia_Brightstar

May 23, 2001
    Bascially, it's a tongue-in-cheek pageant to find the world's biggest SW fanboy. ;)

It was a huge success last year and we're hoping for a repeat. :)

25. JediKnight_Jerri

Nov 7, 2002
    Ah Minacia, you remembered the cappucino :)
    Would love to have it or a coke w/you this year (whichever we can work out). Just know i will have the handsomest man in the Universe w/me, as we do "EVERYTHING" TOGETHER :) As long as Mike is not doing a shoot or animating something, we will be there. Looking fwd to it. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.