main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wash, DC Conventions we might want to go to!

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Cinnea, Nov 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jan lo

Jan lo Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 1998
    Hey Mitt!!

I'm going to Katsucon with a group of people, and you're welcome to join the crew. Look for me (Duo), Heero, Trowa and Quatre. (Wufei is still trying to wash the superglue gel out of his hair.) ;)

In fact, if you want crash space for the night, me and some other girls have a room for Friday and Saturday. You have to make sure to come to our anime pajama party on Saturday night at the very least. It will be non-alcoholic, because I say so. :D

Shoot me an e-mail if you'd like to meet up with us. I'd be honored to hang out with you.
    sweaty_wookie@yahoo.com

2. Cinnea

Cinnea Retired FanForce CR, Washington DC star 4

Jul 15, 2002
    I'll start a Farpoint thread tonight for anyone who is interested after I have a chance to gather all the info together.

Armin Shimerman - he never kissed me, but he sure was funny at DragonCon! It's also got Gil Gerard. And maybe, just maybe, Erin Grey will wear the original Padme outfit....

3. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Jan lo!!!!!!!!! Finally I am not the only oldbie in this place! ;)
    Thank you for the offer, I'll drop you an email. :)

4. -Tenel-Ka-

-Tenel-Ka- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    I'll be at Katsucon too! Friday, I'm gonna be dressed as Yohji Kudou [flowerman outfit! ^_^] from Weiß Kreuz.

I hope we see you guys there!!

5. fakename99

fakename99 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    Not sure if you guys knew about this convention, it looks great if you are into Farscape.

Galaxy Con

6. Mitt

Mitt Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 10, 1999
    Heres the link to CONduit, one of my favorite conventions! It doesn't have many big stars but there are a lot of fun activities. Its in Salt Lake City so I know thats a bit of a commute. ;) But it is really fun and well worth it, plus its in Salt Lake City, so you can look at mountains, yeah.

http://conduit.sfcon.org/CONduit/

7. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    come to the convention to beat all conventions - Comic Con (San Diego in July)

8. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I hear Legolas is going to be at ComicCon. Sadly, I can afford either DragonCon or ComiCon, and DragonCon has a special place in my heart. Unless we win the lottery. Then it's cons every weekend!

Meanwhile, since this has been bumped up, I'll mention I-Con again - on Long Island, the last weekend of March. We've been invited by the Docking Bay 516 of these boards to hang out.

9. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    well, if any of you do have the opportunity to come out to san diego for comic-con or any other reason... San Diego Star Wars society can help put you up. last year at comic-con we had arnold and james cameron promoting T3, and ben affleck for Daredevil, as well as Hilary Swank, Lucy Liu, Ray Park, some of the hobbits and uruk-hai, joss whedon, and pretty much all the big names in comics, and a lot of stars and tons and tons of fans... this year i would expect more... hollywood has been making bigger and bigger showings at con with more stars, more sneak previews, etc.
    Comic Con website

10. Motterman

Motterman Jedi Grand Master star 2

Dec 22, 2000
    DC Sci-Fi con

August 8,9,10 2003 at the Doubletree Hotel in Crystal City

11. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    Tempting. Jerry Doyle is always amusing. Thanks for the info!

12. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    I went to that last year. It was ok. Not sure if it is worth a whole weekend. I may go this year, but I will only pay general admission.

13. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I went to the hotel after hours last year and not much seemed to be happening. But I think I'll pay $10 for some daytime activities. Like I said, Jerry Doyle is really amusing.

14. stateless

stateless Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    Ok, I think Balticon is coming... (Right, Eugenia?) Also there is Shore Leave in July.

And Kevin Smith will be at Wizard World Philly!

15. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    My friend and I are going to Wizard World East.

16. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    I might have to now! And there might be some FF happenings there as well...

17. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    What are you, Val? Psychic? I am currently writing up the info for Balticon! Creepy....

Must look into wizard world...

18. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    Sure, I do a posting about Wizard World back in Janurary. Nobody cares. Our fearless leader says something about it and now we care. Sure, only listen to ones with power. I must learn that "whole power of the dark side thing," then people will care. [face_devil]

19. MuttandSolo

MuttandSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 1, 2002
    Well Val does carry the Ring of Power with her where ever she goes... ;)

20. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    It's Kevin Smith. Though I can't go to Wizard World and Balticon 2 weeks in a row. So I'm out.

21. fakename99

Sep 26, 2001
    Ok. I looked at the Dragon Con website for the heck of it and I don't get it. Yes, it is a huge convention, but most of the stars there are not really stars anymore. Maybe because I mainly go to cons for stars and the dealer?s room is the reason I don't see the big deal. Can someone fill me in on what it is that I don't see? I am not trying to be mean, it just doesn't seem like a big deal to me.

22. stateless

Jul 30, 2002
    Oh there will waaaay more guests than what is listed there. They haven't confirmed all of them yet. Plus it is the biggest sci-fi convention on the east coast, lots of insanity and over 20000 people. The SW track alone could keep you busy for the whole weekend. At least that's what I've heard, I've never been. Eugenia could tell you first hand, I'm sure...

23. Cinnea

Jul 15, 2002
    I'll try to remember to bring pictures and an old program to the next meeting. Like Val said, there will be waaaaay more guests posted - it's looking good for most of the B5 cast, for example - and they've hardly even begun. There's a track for most any interest you could have, be it books, movies, gaming, TV - SW, Trek, Buffy, LOTR, Anne McCaffrey, "American sci fi," "British sci fi.".... They pulled in something like 22000 fans last year. It is something to behold. Little sleep.

24. roninjedi

roninjedi Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2002
    Does anyone know of any good Con's in the Chicago area? I'm putting together my first costume "A custome Rouge Jedi", and will need a good place to show it off.

25. strangebehaviour

strangebehaviour Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 11, 2002
    nope sorry. maybe you should try the Chicago board.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.