main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN CONvergence 2006 - July 7- July 9

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by MaraJadeSkywalkerFF, May 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

MaraJadeSkywalkerFF Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Just wanted to give everyone a heads up/reminder that CONvergence is rapidly approaching! :)

More info can be found on the CONvergence website listed below, but I summarized some of the key points:
    http://www.convergence-con.org/

What is CONvergence?
    CONvergence is a convention for fans of Science Fiction and Fantasy held in the Twin Cities area of Minnesota over 4th of July weekend each year. CONvergence will be held at the Sheraton Hotel South in Bloomington, Minnesota over the 4th of July weekend. CONvergence features a Dealers? Room, Art Show, Live Music, and The Masquerade.

Scheduled Guests for CONvergence 2006
    J.G. Hertzler (Just added!) - Actor appearing as seven characters in Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, Voyager, and Enterprise.
    Robert O'Reilly (Just added!) - Actor in Star Trek: The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. Starred in original productions of The Martian Chronicals and Farenheit 451.
    Bridget Landry (Just added!) - Engineer on the teams of the Hubble Space Telescope, the Mars Pathfinder project, the Cassini Mission to Saturn, and other space missions.
    Eric Flint (Just added!) - Author. Works include Mother of Demons, the Assanti Shards series, the Belisarius series, and many others.
    David Weber - Author of the popular Honor Harrington novels, as well as Oath of Swords, The War God's Own, and many more.
    Greg Weisman - Writer for animated films and television series, including Gargyoles, Hercules, Men in Black, The Batman, and several others.
    Miles Teves - Hollywood conceptual artist for Robocop, Total Recall, Batman, Blade, Galaxy Quest, Men in Black, and countless others.
    Kenneth Hite - Role-playing game designer for GURPS, the Star Trek role playing game, and beyond.

CONvergence Registration
    Adult Memberships
    $30 Until December 31, 2005
    $40 Until May 15, 2006
    $55 At-the-door

Supporting Memberships
    $20 Now + $20 At-the-door=$40 total

Kids Memberships
    $15 Kids Ages 6-12 Until May 15, 2006
    $20 Kids Ages 6-12 At-the-door
    Kids under 5 may attend for free.

All ages refer to the age of the child at the time of the convention. CONvergence is a private organization and reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.

At-the-Door Registration Hours
    Thursday, July 6 3pm - 6:30pm (pre-registered convention volunteers only)
    Friday, July 7 9am - 11pm
    Saturday, July 8 9am - 6pm

2. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    I am goiing to try and make it to convergance but with my divorce and looking for a apartmant I may not be able to be there

3. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    Those are definitely understandable reasons for not being able to go! I hope you are able make it - might be a nice break from the other stuff. :)

4. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    55 at the door? Pricey.

5. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    You can get the $40 price until Monday, May 15th! :)

6. Jedi76

Jedi76 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 28, 2002
    Well my ex wife offered me the money to come down as a birthday present so I may take her up on the offer and your right it may be a good break

7. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    The Minnesota Force will have a Hoth-themed ice cave party on Saturday night, July 8th, in Room 231! Hope to see you there!! [face_dancing]

8. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    Woooooooo! It's this weekend!!!!!!!!

9. IndustrialSizeEd

IndustrialSizeEd Jedi Youngling

Apr 29, 2005
    Whew...what a weekend....

10. MaraJadeSkywalkerFF

Nov 27, 2000
    And a fun weekend it was!

11. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Hoth looked fantastic! It was good to see MN F new and old.

12. Doright

Doright Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 10, 1999
    Thanks! I am glad you liked it!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.