main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

conversation during lightsaber fights

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ArrogantJedi, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArrogantJedi

ArrogantJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 11, 2008
    Definately something I would like to see with future saber battles. It's something that is underrated at times I think. We have seen it done with the Luminara/Ventress battle and the Fisto/Grievous one - some nice dialogue at that too. Would definately be great to see if we were to see Dooku battle any of the Council members - since they used to be former friends. I could see Dooku trying to convince them to see things from his point of view and argue that the nature of the Dark Side is not as bad as they are led to believe, etc, etc.

Just thought it was worth bringing up, dialogue can make the battle that much more impactful.

Thoughts?

2. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    Oh, I totally agree with you there, ArrogantJedi. I feel that good dialogue adds to the awesomeness (or whatever they're famous for) of characters and helps flesh them out. To top it all off, the boys producing the show are getting real good at figuring out when to use dialogue in combat situations. :D

For comparison, in the Clone Wars theatrical pilot, Obi-Wan's banter with Asajj seemed a little off because they talked every few blows or whenever they jumped to a new arena. However, their timing and usage have improved vastly, using it as a brief intermission when the moment is right, such as Luminara pursuing Ventress in a MAJOR change of background as well as Kit Fisto and Grievous turning the tables on each other.

Oh yeah. Give us more dialogue, show us character histories and personalities. And you already know how I feel about Plo Koon versus Dooku. XD

Though THE most awesome line I've ever heard is Mace Windu versus Mace Windu.

"Unstoppable force? Meet the immovable object."

3. Humble_Jedi

Humble_Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2004
    There's a lot of that in the Clone Wars Lightsaber Duels game. There's all sorts of cool dialogue between the characters, especially Dooku and Kit, Plo Koon, Mace Windu, etc.

4. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    A little less conversation, a little more action please

5. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    Lightsaber fights should always be a battle of ideas. Whether those ideas are verbalized or not, the ideas themselves should be obvious.

Even if Ventress and Luminara didn't talk smack, it would be obvious that this fight was about Samurai-like nobility v. ninja-like thuggery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.