main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Conversations and Thoughts: Updated 4/9 "My Wedding Day;" Collection now complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by stacysatrip, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Conversations and Thoughts

While I love the Anakin/Padmé romance in AotC, I understand that there was not a lot of time available to really develop the love story. Therefore, I was inspired to write some ?missing? conversations between the two as well as their thoughts during certain scenes. Some of these may just add to existing scenes, while some scenes will be original.

This is in no way intended to infringe upon George Lucas? original creations, and I?m not making any money off of this. I just have nothing better to do!

Rating: G - PG-13

Life as a Jedi

Summary: This scene is inspired by the deleted scene in Padme's bedroom in AotC. It begins to show Padme's attraction to Anakin and gives some insight into his lonliness and need to be loved.

Rating: PG for some sexual suggestiveness

Anakin Skywalker stood nervously in Padmé Amidala?s bright yellow bedroom, examining the holo images on her walls as she raced around packing clothes for their journey to the Lake Country. He listened intently as she lovingly spoke of her home and family; he could not help but feel a twinge of jealousy at the closeness of the Naberrie family. They had welcomed him into their home and showed unwavering hospitality and kindness to this mysterious stranger charged with their loved one?s protection, and Anakin couldn?t help but wish that they could stay right there with them. Spending this time with the Naberries had, for a moment, filled the great void in Anakin?s heart, the part that wanted nothing more than to belong to a family. It also gave him the opportunity to see the young Senator in a new light; gone was her formal and rigid Amidala persona. Here, on Naboo, with her family, she was just Padmé, and to Anakin, she was more akin to the simple handmaiden with whom he had become so fascinated and connected a decade before.

Padmé was moving about the bedroom furiously, trying to determine if she had forgotten to pack anything for the trip. She was not pleased with this entire plan of going in to hiding, and her discomfort was only compounded by the fact that she would have to spend an unknown amount of time trying to appear unaffected by Anakin?s penetrating blue gaze. He was attracted to her; that was plainly obvious. What disturbed her was the fact that, when he looked at her, she could feel the physical changes in her body; her knees would weaken, her pulse would race, and she was sure that the shades of red that came to her cheeks was more than noticeable. She did not like this change in her. She had always been quite skilled at concealing her emotions, and that was part of what had given her a successful political career. But with Anakin, she felt as though she had no control over her emotions or her body, and this greatly troubled her.

She could almost feel Anakin glancing meaningfully at her bed, then at her, and she knew that if she did not ignore it, she would be quite inclined to spend most of the afternoon on that bed with him. The thought of it sent warm sensations rushing through her body, but she quickly pushed it aside, fearing that this charming Force-sensitive standing mere feet from her would be able to see into her mind. Unfortunately for Padmé, the thoughts she did not want Anakin to hear were the ones that continued to spring into her consciousness. She thought it wise to chase these thoughts away by just talking with him; if she could concentrate on conversation, she could not possibly concentrate on Anakin?s handsome face and long, muscular frame.

He had mentioned that he never really had a home, and she sympathized with the young man. Maybe if she asked him about his life over the past ten years, the sexual tension between the two would disappear?

?You know, Ani,? she began casually as she struggled with a stubborn latch on her suitcase, ?I have to admit something.?

?What?? he asked as he came to her aid

2. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Awww..I love the scenes at Padme's house. Too bad they were deleted. Nice to have Padme ask about his training...they never really seemed to have time to "catch up" in the movie. Looking forward to more.

M

3. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Great scene! You're very right that necessities of time exacted a toll on the quality of the love story in AOTC. I think this viggie captures two ideas that are far too understated in the film but are key to why they could so quickly develop such an intense relationship:

** Padme has thought about Anakin, at least occassionally, over the ten years they were apart. Her concern for him on the flight from Tatooine to Coruscant in TPM is very genuine and doesn't fade.

** How much Ani and Padme have in common, and the similarity of their backgrounds. They both left their families and took on adult roles at very young ages, which gives them an immediate connection when they reunite.

Great job! Looking forward to more!! :D :D

4. Lady__Skywalker

Lady__Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2002
    Wonderful job, I look forward to more.

5. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    Thanks, you guys! The next one will be about what happens in Padme's apartment when she and Ani "decide" to use her as bait. This was touched on in the AotC novel, but what the hell.

6. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    This is perfect! Really perfect! I think you achieved exactly the right touch with
    the scene and the deeper aspects of the relationship - it could have been part of the film! Wonderful. Where is more?

7. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    Summary: After checking security in Padmé?s apartment building, Anakin and the Senator take some time to catch up. There is a scene in the AotC novelization that takes place in Padmé?s bedroom, but in the scene they only discuss the assassination attempts and Padmé?s security. I felt it would be nice to see the two become reacquainted, which will lead up to ?It was her idea.?

Long Time Gone

After completing his security inspection of Senator Amidala?s apartment, Anakin Skywalker waited for his master just outside the turbolift door. The Senator had been left unattended for quite some time; in fact, it was nighttime now. Anakin had found himself distracted during the entire inspection process as his thoughts wandered to Padmé alone in her quarters. He could not understand why someone was trying to assassinate her, and he was annoyed that his Master refused to try to find out who was behind the plot. He sighed in frustration as Obi-Wan approached.

?Did you find anything, Master?? Anakin inquired restlessly, ?any way the security could be breached, I mean??

?Not any conventional ways, young one,? Obi-Wan replied, trying to damper Anakin?s enthusiasm. ?I?m going to speak with Captain Typho. You go check on the Senator. And be mindful Anakin. Concentrate on the task at hand.?

?Very well Master,? Anakin said curtly as he stepped on the lift. While he was weary of Obi-Wan?s constant criticism and lecturing, he was grateful for the opportunity to spend some time alone with Padmé to become reacquainted. He was determined to demonstrate that, contrary to her earlier comments, he was no longer the young boy she first met on Tatooine.

As the lift door opened to reveal Padmé?s apartment, Anakin cringed as he thought back to what he had said to her when he first saw her again. ?So have you, grown more beautiful I mean. For a Senator, I mean.?

Anakin rolled his eyes and shook his head at the fact that just one look at the lovely Senator had transformed him from a self-assured and eloquent Jedi Padawan to an awkward, mumbling juvenile. But not this time, he thought as he sauntered across the apartment to the door of Padmé?s bedchamber, brimming with confidence and even arrogance. The façade faded as he pressed the door signal; his pulse began racing and his cheeks flushed as he furiously thought of what to say to her first.

Padmé answered the door, cloaked in a heavy robe that hid her dainty nightgown. She had anticipated that Anakin would want to speak with her, and was unsure of exactly what she thought about that. The way he had looked at her when they first met again troubled her; she had known all those years ago that the young boy carried a great affection for her, but now?now he was a grown man, with a grown man?s desires. She shuddered noticeably as she appraised the young Jedi standing in front of her now.

He had become so very handsome; that was something Padmé could not ignore. He was tall; in fact, he had towered over everyone who had been in her apartment earlier, save Jar-Jar. Dressed in his Jedi garments, he looked elegant and imposing, despite his boyish facial features and slender build. His eyes were like a mixture of blue ice and fire, and she could feel them boring into her even when her back was to him.

?I didn?t realize you were still here,? she said after a moment, taking great care not to invite him into her bedroom. Ever the gentleman, Anakin stood in the doorway, not invading her personal space; however, his presence seemed to fill the room. ?Is Master Kenobi here with you?? she asked, hoping against hope that the answer was yes.

?He?s with Captain Typho, discussing security. I?m sure he?ll be back soon.? Padmé detected a subtle hint of disdain in Anakin?s voice with that statement. ?He just wanted me to check on you, to make sure that nothing had happened while we were gone.?

?This additional security is ridiculous and unnecessary,? Padmé retorted angr

8. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    You have really picked up on the edginess and the very mixed feelings in this scene. Your dialogue especially has a rhythm to it that sounds spot-on in the way the conversation plays out.

I love how Anakin cringed at the beginning because of his own awkward words,(as did we all in the movie!) but it didn't deter him!

I was with Padme all way as she waffled between polite adult chit-chat and genuine communication - all the while making sure that robe was closed!

This is a really believable scene. It's a pity George didn't include it.... Good work!

9. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    These are very good. You are doing a great job of catching the tension between them. Please continue!

10. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Great job! Nice scene. You definitely captured the emotions well. Look forward to more!

M

PS Happy Birthday! :)

11. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    Geo3--Thank you! Yes, Ani wasn't exactly a smooth operator in that scene!

Dally--welcome, and thank you.

Wook--Thanks a bunch!

12. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Wow. This was great. I agree with geo3 -- the movie really could have benefitted from this. You convey the struggle in their emotions very well -- Padme's deliberate control and Anakin's suppressed impatience.

?I didn?t realize you spent any time trying to picture me, Padmé,? he quipped.
    LOL. A perfect line for him -- and I can easily picture the smirky delivery too! [face_laugh]

Obi-Wan and I just have different... philosophies, I suppose.
    Even in this sweet little scene, we're never far from the big picture. Very nice.

Well done! :D :D

13. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    Thanks, Darth_Lex! :).

14. Lady__Skywalker

Lady__Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2002
    The movie would've benefited from these past two scenes, it gives much more insight to their emotions. Well done!

15. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    Thanks, Lady Skywalker! Unfortunately, if these scenes had been added, the film would have been verrrrrry long.

16. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    so believable!! An excellent job of character extension.. enjoying these Stacys..

17. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    Thanks, qingauk!

18. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    Well, here's one that's sort of an Ode to Mardi Gras. Hopefully, you'll find it humorous.

Rating: PG for sexually suggestive diaglogue.

Summary: On their way to the Lake Country, Anakin and Padmé stop for the night at a small pub. While waiting for a room, there?s not much to do but enjoy some home-brewed ale?.

Drink With Me

The transport to the Lake Country was dingy and stale-smelling (as most public transportation was), but it was necessary for the Senator and her Jedi protector to travel this way so as to avoid attracting unwanted attention. Despite trying to look inconspicuous, the stunning pair could not help but garner double-takes from passers-by; Anakin reasoned that these locals must have recognized their former monarch and current Senator, and the thought made him uncomfortable. He shifted in his stiff seat, surveying the other passengers, throwing suspicious and stony glances at anyone who looked at the two of them too intently.

The couple hadn?t spoken much on the journey thus far, and his feelings told him it was because Padmé was trying to keep her distance. They had reconnected earlier at her parent?s home, and the Senator was unsure how to react to their newfound closeness.

They had been traveling for what seemed like days, and Anakin impatiently wondered how much longer it would take to reach this secluded lake retreat. The sun was setting now, and Anakin felt as though he could not tolerate another minute on this transport. He sighed loudly and turned to Padmé.

?Is it much further?? he inquired.

Padmé realized that Anakin was not as familiar with Naboo as she was, and she chuckled to herself at her oversight.

?It?s a full two day journey by public transportation,? she replied. ?We?ll stop in the village of Tynnia and stay overnight. If we leave early enough, we should be at the lake by early tomorrow afternoon.?

?Stop for the night?? Anakin exclaimed, incensed that he had not been informed of this detail. ?It would have been nice to know that beforehand, Milady.? He noticed the other passengers taking a bit too much interest in their exchange, and lowered his head toward hers, bringing his voice to a near whisper.

?There are some security concerns after all. You should have told me,? he chastised her.

Padmé?s eyes flashed with irritation. ?Oh for Force?s sake Anakin, don?t be such an alarmist!? she retorted. ?What, do you think there?s a psychotic innkeeper somewhere with his finger on the trigger of a blaster on the off-chance I might be stopping by??

Anakin sank back in his seat. ?Well, you never know,? he mumbled, but realized he was being a bit paranoid. Nevertheless, he had been charged with Padmé?s security, and he would be damned if he were going to allow anything to even threaten her.

Padmé smiled and shook her head as the transport captain?s voice boomed over the intercom.

?All passengers disembarking at Tynnia, we will be arriving in five minutes. Thank you,? the droid?s voice crackled.

?That?s our stop,? Padmé said as she stood to retrieve her luggage from the overhead compartment. Anakin nodded as he took one of the bags in his hand. How anyone could require this amount of luggage was beyond him, but it was yet another factor that so endeared Padmé to him.

Even in the dusk, Anakin was impressed by the quaintness of this small town, with its stone streets and charming architecture. Nothing here was streamlined or industrial, he noticed as he and Padmé strolled down the tree-lined main street. There was something familiar and comforting about this place, even though it seemed to be bursting at the seams with beings that were apparently visiting Tynnia for a Carnival of some sort.

?It?s a yearly festival,? Padmé explained as she noticed Anakin?s intrigued expression. ?The day before the H

19. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    Stacys.. that was really cute!! I could picture the whole scene :) and I got a few good chuckles out of it.. thanks..

20. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    You're welcome, Qingauk! I'm not planning on writing about it, but imagine what Padme's thinking the next morning when she wakes up and remembers hitting on Anakin?

21. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Hee hee! [face_laugh] Very cute!

I especially enjoyed the way you turned around "Just being around her again is ... intoxicating" for Padme too. :p [face_laugh]

The little details are so great -- Anakin being surprised about Padme having a "simple" friend, the sting of the ale, the physical closeness. Wonderful! ;)

And I'm glad Anakin did the right thing -- I agree that's what he would do.

Great post! :D :D

22. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    ?Oh, he can drink like a gooberfish"

[face_laugh]

?Actually, he told me once that he never really used to drink until he started training me. I guess I have that affect on people.?

Again, [face_laugh]

Very sweet. Anakin's a true gentleman.

23. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    Thanks so much, Darth_Lex and Wook! I figured I'd write a happy one before I get to the conversation following Ani's confession to Padme. I also have some older viggies I've posted before that I'll probably stick in here, for those of you who didn't get to read them. But that will come another day.

Again, thanks for continuing to read my stuff!

24. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    This is such a vivid vignette! I can hear it - the dialogue is natural and very true to character; I can see it - the tiny town full of carnival revelers; the dingy transport, the sawdust; the glances people throw at the striking couple; in fact, I can practically taste the ale. I loved all of that.

But what I loved the most, I think, was how well this scene fits into that particular point of the story we all know. There is attraction, but restraint. There is friendship, but still curiosity and much that is not known about each other. And there is a sense not only of a past history but of more to come.

Very lovely, stacysatrip!

25. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    Thanks, geo3, that's so lovely of you to say! I was afraid people would find it out of character for Padme to get drunk, and out of character for Ani not to take full advantage of the situation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.