main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Conversations and Thoughts: Updated 4/9 "My Wedding Day;" Collection now complete!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by stacysatrip, Mar 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Delightful! Is she embarrassed the next morning, or does she not remember it? I imagine she'll at least pretend not to remember.

2. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    and out of character for Ani not to take full advantage of the situation.

I heartily disagree... At this stage of their relationship, I can't see him doing anything BUT how you discribed his actions, taking shelter in his role as "Protector" and "Jedi Security"... in fact, he demonstartes it later on when the morning after his confession of love is spurned he reverts back to calling her "Senator"... lovely little pieces...

3. stacysatrip

stacysatrip Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    Dally--well, if she remembers, she'll be embarrassed ;). Thanks for reading.

DB--Thank you, I never thought of it that way. I just thought it would be fun to show a less uptight side of Padme Amidala.

4. Lady__Skywalker

Lady__Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2002
    ?Actually, he told me once that he never really used to drink until he started training me. I guess I have that affect on people.?

[face_laugh]

This was great stuff, excellent job. Was it just me, or did I sense a little Titanic in there?

5. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    Lady_Skywalker,

Yes you did. "What? You think a first class girl can't drink?"

"What? You think a Senator can't drink?"

But that's all. Glad you caught that!

6. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    Well, since some of you wanted me to, I've gone ahead and written Padme's thoughts for the "morning after." It's short, but hopefully you'll find it sweet.
    The Next Morning

Padmé?s thoughts the morning after her ?drinking binge.?

My mind is lost in a dense fog as my eyes slowly open to the dim glow of the sunrise. My mouth is dry and my head is pounding. I groan softly as I try to raise my head, but I am overcome by dizziness and nausea and I slam my head down against the feather pillow. I forget for a moment where I am; I force myself to raise up and study my surroundings. As my eyes fully open, I notice that I am wearing the same clothing I had worn the day before, and I am immediately flooded with images from the previous night. Images of me, drinking ale like a Nubian fisherman, and?-trying to seduce Anakin?!?

I lean back against the wooden headboard as I rub my temples, trying to purge the memories from my head. Oh, Gods, what did I do last night? What did I say? Did we?no, we didn?t, I would surely remember that.

I snap my head up to see if Anakin is in the room, and immediately regret it as my head begins to spin. I stumble toward the fresher; I think I?m going to be ill. I lay down on the cool tile floor and groan in agony. A hangover, I think, could easily be utilized as a torture device, if one were clever enough as to be able to put it in an ingestable form.

Why did I let myself go last night? Why did I put myself in this situation? I made a complete fool out of myself, trying to kiss Anakin, trying to get him to sleep with me.

And he had refused me; it was all coming back to me now. Who is he to refuse me? He?s the one who instigated all of this, with his smoldering stares and irresistible half-smiles. He has looked on me with nothing but wanton desire since the moment I saw him again, and when I am finally uninhibited enough to show that I want him too?he denies me. I feel angry. I feel foolish. I feel?.sick.

I hear him stirring around in the room. Oh, Gods, how can I ever face that boy again? I hear him knocking on the door, asking if I am feeling all right. Of course I?m not all right! But I find the strength to pry myself from my spot on the floor. I splash cool water on my face and try to smooth my hair. I look disheveled; this is not the way I want to appear in front of Anakin. After last night, I should at least face him with as much dignity as I can muster. But there is nothing I can do, so I simply open the door to see him standing there.

?Good morning,? he says politely, with that trademark smirk affixed to his face.

I mumble something that is, in effect, a reply as I shuffle across the room and rummage through my belongings to find my soap and shampoo. Perhaps a nice, hot bath will ease this shaak stampede in my head.

?I brought you something,? he offers cautiously as I turn to face him. He gestures to the bedside table, where I find a mug of steaming tea, accompanied by a piece of plain toast. ?Na?alla says this concoction is a fail-safe headache remedy. I thought you might need some,? he says graciously. He mentions nothing of last night?s escapade or my failed seduction attempt, for which I am grateful.

?Thank you,? I whisper hoarsely as I rub my head.

?Just relax,? he offers. ?I?ll prepare your bath water. I?m taking it on myself to nurse you back to health,? he chuckles.

I cannot help but smile. He is so very thoughtful, and I realize that his thoughtfulness is what restrained him the previous night. He could not take advantage of me in my compromised mental state. I follow him with my eyes as he disappears into the fresher. I sip the tea and nibble the bland toast, and for some reason, my embarrassment fades away.

?You always know what I need, Ani,? I say to myself. Then, in the most secret corner of my mind, I whisper, and what I need is you.

7. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    stacy.. very realistic..cute and loving!! It is great in that it fits in with the style of GL..old fashioned !!

8. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    Thanks, qingauk!

9. Lady__Skywalker

Aug 22, 2002
    Very sweet. I only caught that Titanic reference because I've seen the movie more than my fair share of times. ;)

10. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Another great post! As always, very true to both characters.

The first-person narrative worked fantastically! Definitely considering writing more this way (as either Padme or Anakin).

One small detail -- I like that you had Anakin use a tea remedy rather than offering to cure the hangover with the Force. Maybe later, when he's darker and sees the Force as more of a tool, he wouldn't do this. But at this point in the story, he would. :D

11. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    Lady_Skywalker--Thank you.

Darth_Lex--Thanks. I really never even thought of having Ani use the Force to help Padme feel better. I just thought it would be sweet for him to play caretaker for awhile. I tried to capture his sweet, thoughtful side.

Anyway, guys, I've sort of got writer's block right now. I'm thinking of a meadow picnic scene and then a scene after Anakin's massacre confession, which will be called "When I'm Gone." (It's more of a songfic). I'd like to try to keep them in chronological order as much as possible though. So just keep checking back, and of course if I have time I'll PM all of you when I do finally update. Hopefully another one will be up sometime this week.

Stacy

12. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    That was great! I bet she's a little sorry he didn't take her up on her drunken offer. I really enjoy your vignettes.

13. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    Dally Thanks so much!

Well guys, here's the next post. This takes place as Padme and Anakin are awaiting their transport to the Lake Retreat. It's short, but sweet.

Lose Yourself

Senator Amidala?Padmé, now that she was home on Naboo, stood on the wooden-planked dock, luggage in hand, alongside her handsome Jedi protector. The two stood silently for a long time, awaiting the water speeder that would take them across the vast lake to the secluded retreat where she would?hide, for lack of a better word. Padmé thought it best not to disturb Anakin as he gazed in wonderment at the sparkling blue water. She had to remind herself that he had come from a desolate desert planet and had likely never seen this much water in one place in his entire life! In addition, she was still a bit uneasy around Anakin after her drunken behavior the night before. She would have liked to erase that memory from her mind forever, but for the fact that she had actually had a wonderful time laughing and talking with him.

Anakin finally broke their shared silence. ?This is truly amazing,? he commented, in awe of his surroundings. The lake was so clear that it was like a mirror, reflecting the sky and the distant mountains. The sun shone brightly and danced across the water as the fishing vessels sailed along, needing only the warm breeze to propel them. ?A far cry from where I come from, to be sure,? he said, as he turned to face Padmé. She appeared to be equally entranced by the picturesque scenery around them.

She looked more beautiful than Anakin had ever seen her, with her hair swept up and away from her face in a simple twist style and her dress all the brilliant colors of the sunset, flowing and exposing the porcelain-like skin of her bare back. He could barely contain his urge to reach out and touch her, but feared he might find himself face first in the cool water if he dared. His feelings told him that after last night, Padmé was more determined than ever to hold him at an arm?s length.

?Yes, it is,? she replied absently. ?I remember the first time I came here,? she reminisced as her eyes met his. Immediately, her pulse quickened and her knees weakened a bit, symptoms she was sure were not a byproduct of her adventures from the previous night. This happened every time he looked at her, only now it was decidedly more pronounced.

?When was that?? he inquired, smiling slightly as he sensed the affect he was beginning to have on her.

?Years ago,? she recalled with a wistful gleam in her eye. ?I remember looking out at the water. I tried so hard to see to the other side, but I could not. I wondered if I would get lost in the it, just as the distant shore seemed to. It was?intimidating, I suppose, but,? she paused, searching for the right words. ?Have you ever seen something that was so?beautiful that it absolutely rendered you speechless, and you couldn?t take your eyes off of it??

Anakin stared meaningfully into Padmé?s warm brown eyes. ?As a matter of fact,? he whispered as he brought his face closer to hers, ?I have.?

Padmé tried to divert her eyes from his, but could not as he smiled softly. She knew the meaning behind his words; this veiled compliment left her with a feeling of joy and uneasiness. She was finally able to regain control of her head and neck, and turned again to gaze at the water. She saw the water speeder in the distance, quickly approaching the dock, and welcomed the sight, as it would dampen this ever-growing flame between herself and Anakin.

?Padmé,? Anakin entreated her gently.

?Yes?? she replied cautiously, giving herself permission to look at him again.

?Don?t you worry,? he assured her. ?If you lose yourself out there, I?ll find you. I would always find you, some way.?

A blush rose to Padmé?s cheeks, but she could not help feeling flattered. He cared for her, that was plainly obvious,

14. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    OOH! Two new vignettes!

I'm becoming addicted to this series because of the charming and compelling way you manage to build up the tension betwen the two. I wish the films had included these scenes because they are the PERFECT setup for what comes later. The imagery is vivid, and the conversations - both unspoken and spoken - are so delicately wrought that I find I'm holding my breath waiting to see what comes next.

Beautifully, beautifully done!

15. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    Once again, fabulous!!! :D :D

The way they're both holding back from their feelings, not wanting to push it too far too fast, is perfect. Absolutely true to their characters and their relationship in that moment.

I hope you take us all the way down their path from here to "I truly deeply love you" -- because you bring so much more to it than the movie (or the novelization, for that matter). Your writing of the slowly developing romance is a pleasure to read!! :D

16. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Delightful post.

17. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    Very lovely...

18. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    Thanks, you guys! Good, quick responses today! Well, the Writer's block has lifted. I have a couple of viggies that I've already written and posted before that I may post in this thread to try to keep up with chronological order and to make sure you guys don't miss out. There's one called "First Kiss" which I'll post now. I also already have one from Ani's POV after the fireplace scene that I'll post when the time comes. Don't worry, I plan on following through to "I truly, deeply love you," though that scene will probably be written as thoughts from both POV's and not so much a conversation. Heck, I may go beyond "I truly, deeply love you." I wrote a longer viggie called "Forbidden Union" that many of you did read that explains the proposal.

Anyway, without futher ado, may I present "First Kiss," which is Ani and Padme's thoughts prior to, you guessed it, their first "real" kiss (drunken ones don't count).

I love her. It?s official. I am madly in love with Padmé Amidala. I know because when I look at her, I can see myself being just as satisfied with the idea of her company as I am with the idea of making love to her. It?s not just lust; it?s light-years beyond that.

I?ve always known it, of course. Ever since the day she walked into Watto?s shop. I thought she was an Angel. I truly did; she was the most beautiful creature I?d ever seen. One of the first things I told her was that I was going to marry her someday. At the time, I had still possessed the luxury of being able to say exactly what was in my mind and my heart.

I don?t know exactly what it is that makes me love her; it?s no one thing, I suppose. Yes, she?s beautiful. Actually, beautiful doesn?t do my Angel justice. She?s radiant and intoxicating. She?s sensual yet innocent. And she?s probably the most genuine and kind person I?ve ever met. I trust her.

Ever since she waltzed back into my life, it?s taken every ounce of self-control I have to keep from proclaiming my feelings for her. My resistance is weakening minute by minute. I know such feelings are forbidden. I also know that I care less each moment I spend with her. If I don?t kiss her soon, I feel as though my heart will explode.

She looks exquisite at this moment. Her dress is all the beautiful colors of the sunset, and it flows like water when she walks. The skin on her back is flawless. I want so badly to reach out and touch it?there I go.

She is looking at me. She could stop me if she wanted, but she just looks deep into my eyes. I can feel my heart quickening with her gaze. I smile at her softly. I slowly lean in to her. She does not even flinch.

My lips meet hers as though our lips were meant only to fit with one another?s. Electricity shoots through my body.

She pulls away. She says she should not have done that. I apologize, but I lie. I am not sorry. Kissing her just now filled me with a joy I never thought possible.

It won?t be long now my love. You belong to me, and I to you.

I love you.

He?s getting to me. When he took my hand to help me out of the water speeder, I felt as though a flash of heat raced through my entire body. I try to distract myself by speaking of my childhood excursions to this place.

He is so handsome. He is a nearly perfect man. His eyes are like ice, but hold such warmth. He uses them to his advantage, to make my stomach churn and the hairs on my neck rise. His lips look so soft, so tempting. His smile can make me believe that everything will be well with the galaxy.

He is the child I knew no longer. He desires me; I feel it. And privately, I encourage him. Since we?ve arrived, I?ve intentionally tried to look as attractive as I possibly can. I do not know why.

I?m looking out at the water. I feel his hand brush mine. My heart melts into a puddle. My knees weaken. My breath quickens. I should stop him, but no. I don?t

19. Lady__Skywalker

Aug 22, 2002
    Wonderful! Excellent Job!

20. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Great! It's like looking directly inside their minds while the familiar images are on the Big Screen ... like a voice over!

21. qingauk

qingauk Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2002
    The emotions you are able to build in the characters and in readers in strong. I just got all bubbly reading both of those! I do recall reading the "Kiss" somewhere before and your writing of both of those scenes puts me on the spot and in the hearts of both.

22. stacysatrip

Nov 20, 2002
    You guys are too much! Thank you! I'll try to work on the meadow picnic this evening and post it tomorrow or Wednesday, so check back!

23. MissPadme

MissPadme Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 9, 1998
    Just read through the whole collection...wow, you really have these characters nailed! The tension between them fits perfectly with what's in the movie.

--MissPadme

24. Wook

Wook Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I love it!

The buildup to that moment definitely needed some more screen time, but your description of their thoughts definitely gave the scene more depth.

(Need to kick hubby of PS2 so I can watch that scene again....sigh [face_love])

25. Darth_Lex

Nov 17, 2002
    I agree with everybody else -- perfect characterization yet again.

Great post! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.