main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Conversations with My Master (Obi-Wan/Post ROTS) - Updated! Conversation 16 posted 29 July

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sabe126_and_FAB, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    That was so sweet and yet sad :_|. I love moments like these. Great update!

2. Sabe126_and_FAB

Sabe126_and_FAB Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    Lexi - That was so sweet and yet sad. I love moments like these. Great update! Thanks for reading, here's a tissue :_|

3. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    "How many times did I tell him, "This lightsaber is your life," Obi-Wan muttered to himself. ..."AND how many times he lost it," he finished, looking up.

?Ahem.?

Obi-Wan sighed, ?I know what you are thinking Master. It was only the once. I was busy fighting General Grievous at the time.?

Qui-Gon shook his head and cleared his throat. Obi-Wan finally conceded defeat on the topic, ?It was still less than Anakin.?

I can so see those two having this discussion! [face_laugh] I too thought about that line in AOTC when Obi dropped his saber while fighting Grievous. He's right, Anakin would have loved to catch him on that! ;)

Interrupting the silence, Qui-Gon asked quietly, ?Luke will ask about his father. What will you tell him??

Igniting it once more, Obi-Wan admired the shimmering blade - as Qui-Gon?s saber had become his, Anakin?s would pass to Luke. ?That Anakin was killed.? ...

Qui-Gon nodded in agreement at Obi-Wan's words. They were true, from a certain point of view.

So that's where Obi-Wan got the Point of View argument! :p In a way it's true, he gave up the goodness that was Anakin to become something sinister that in no way resembled the man he had become.

Great job with this! :)

4. MasterTywalker

MasterTywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2004
    This is great, very very cool. Please PM me whenever you update..=D=

5. Sabe126_and_FAB

Jun 6, 2005
    Bek ? Thanks, glad you are still enjoying it! He's right, Anakin would have loved to catch him on that! ? I think Anakin would have enjoyed mentioning it now and again! ;) So that's where Obi-Wan got the Point of View argument! ? Well, he got it from somewhere, so it could have come from Qui-Gon!

MasterTywalker ? This is great, very very cool. Please PM me whenever you update. ? Thank you, we are pleased you like it. Have added you to the pm list.

6. Sabe126_and_FAB

Jun 6, 2005
    Conversation 14

?Don?t think?feel?"

Obi-Wan looked around; he was back on the veranda at the Jedi Temple with the other younglings, listening to Master Yoda?s instructions.

?You must feel the force around you.?

Gripping his lightsaber tightly in his hands, his vision blocked by the full face helmet, Obi-Wan stretched out and was able to block the energy bolt from the training remote.

As the image faded Obi-Wan smiled, that had been the first time he had been able to quiet his mind, had heard the whispers of the Force speaking to him. At first it had controlled his actions but through Yoda?s teachings he had learned to concentrate and the Force had obeyed his commands. The Jedi shook his head, the number of hours he had spent trying to recall his lightsaber to his hand.

He found himself dueling with Qui-Gon at the Temple, practicing his training exercises. With each image, Obi-Wan realized how his connection to the Force had grown. The image was replaced by that of the nine year old Anakin on their first morning as Master and Padawan. Obi-Wan sighed as he tried to get the young boy to concentrate on the basic exercises, Anakin wanted to do everything at once?

?You must unlearn what you have learned.?

Making himself concentrate more fully in his meditation, Obi-Wan surrendered himself to the Force, entreating it. There was something more the Force was trying to teach him.

Another vision began to come into focus. This time it was the future not the past. Obi-Wan winced as he saw the anguish on Luke's face as he grieved the loss of his aunt and uncle.

"I want to come with you to Alderaan. There?s nothing for me here now. I want to learn the ways of the force and become a Jedi like my father.?

Obi-Wan's visions were coming more rapidly now. Perspiration streamed down his face as he closed his eyes tighter in determination not to stop them prematurely.

?Anakin? he mouthed as he watched the next scene take shape.

"When I left you I was but a learner. Now I am the Master."

"Only a Master of evil Darth."

Obi-Wan watched as his blue blade struck Vader's red Sith blade.

His fate was now and had always been in the hands of the Force, as a Jedi he would accept whatever it decreed.

?Luminous beings are we,? he murmured before collapsing to the floor.

For hours Obi-Wan had been locked in a meditative trance, watching one vision after another play before him.

"Padawan," he heard faintly and felt a hand touch his shoulder softly.

Blinking his eyes he focused on his Master kneeling beside him.

"Dreams again, Padawan."

"They pass in time," Obi-Wan numbly replied, remembering the time he said the same statement to Anakin. Now he understood how vivid and troubling visions of the future could be. Anakin must have seen his mother's death at the hands of the Sand People.

"The same ones?" Qui-Gon prompted.

"No, this one came as I was meditating."

"A vision then?" Qui-Gon replied tentatively. Obi-Wan had never mentioned visions and he had never looked this troubled before.

"The future. One day I will face him again. I will face Vader," Obi-Wan turned to his master and then finished somberly, "I could not defeat him before, if I fail again?"

"You will have trained Luke," Qui-Gon reminded him.

"Yes," Obi-Wan replied, "the circle will be complete."

Qui-Gon shook his head and then smiled. "Again, you have been a good pupil Obi-Wan." He sighed, "There is little more you can learn from me."

"That is the final lesson isn't it Master?"

"When the time comes you will be ready to join the Force at will. You will know the moment." Placing his hand on Obi-Wan's shoulder once again, he continued, "I need to rest until we meet again. Remember, I am with you always."

?I know."

"May the Force be with you Padawan."

"And with you Master," Obi-Wan replied as he watched the image of Qui-Gon fade and then vanish entirely.

7. Sabe126_and_FAB

Jun 6, 2005
  8. zvalarens

zvalarens Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    That was chilling! Fabulous update! Was it the end?

9. light-

light- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 8, 2005
    Obi-Wan's visions were coming more rapidly now. Perspiration streamed down his face as he closed his eyes tighter in determination not to stop them prematurely.

?Anakin? he mouthed as he watched the next scene take shape.

"When I left you I was but a learner. Now I am the Master."

"Only a Master of evil Darth."

Obi-Wan watched as his blue blade struck Vader's red Sith blade.

:_| poor obi\

good update, thanks for the pm!!! =D=

10. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    [face_worried] [face_worried]
    =D= =D=

So sad, so very sad. This is very captivating of Obi-wan and it makes me tear up.

11. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Great post! Great conversation! You capture Obi-Wan so well!

Thanks for the PM. I always appreciate that.

Is this the end? [face-worried]

12. Sabe126_and_FAB

Jun 6, 2005
    No, it isn't the end :)

13. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    That was great.

I loved how Qui-Gon showed up to talk to Obi-Wan at the end and give him hope.

Nice update!

=D= =D= =D= =D=

14. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Obi-Wan winced as he saw the anguish on Luke's face as he grieved the loss of his aunt and uncle.

"I want to come with you to Alderaan. There?s nothing for me here now. I want to learn the ways of the force and become a Jedi like my father.?

That's an excellent explanation as to why Ben was so calm, unsurprised and empathetic with Luke's dispair when Luke returned after discovering Owen and Beru dead. He knew it would happen.

Well done. :)

15. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Awe, poor Obi. Well at least we know that Qui will be with him and the end and after. Awesome work again!

16. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    poor obi-wan, alone again

17. zvalarens

zvalarens Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005

Yeah!!!!!:)

18. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    ohhh the visions were multiple ones this time :( poor guy gotta feel for him being the object of the Force.

Love how he's handling it! Great update you two! :D

19. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    "May the Force be with you Padawan."

"And with you Master," Obi-Wan replied as he watched the image of Qui-Gon fade and then vanish entirely.

That was kinda sad, Obi-Wan sorta lost his master a second time. Hopefully the time they spent training was enough to hold them both until the day Obi and Vader meet again.

20. Sabe126_and_FAB

Jun 6, 2005
    zvalarens- That was chilling! Fabulous update! Was it the end? Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it. Originally it was going to end there but we got all inspired and it is going to continue!

light- - poor obi Yes, poor Obi! But he knows that he won't really be alone. We are pleased you enjoyed it.

Ceethreepio So sad, so very sad. This is very captivating of Obi-wan and it makes me tear up. - We are glad that you found Obi-Wan's predicament moving. Thanks for reading.

Laine_Snowtrekker Great post! Great conversation! You capture Obi-Wan so well! Thank you! Good to know that he comes across well!

Kelia I loved how Qui-Gon showed up to talk to Obi-Wan at the end and give him hope. It's important for Obi-Wan to realize he's never going to be alone and not give into fear and despair.

Knight-Ander That's an excellent explanation as to why Ben was so calm, unsurprised and empathetic with Luke's dispair when Luke returned after discovering Owen and Beru dead. He knew it would happen. Just one explanation of why Ben could have reacted with such calm, Jedi stoicism. Glad you enjoyed it.

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi - Well at least we know that Qui will be with him and the end and after. Awesome work again! - Yes, Obi-Wan knows he's not alone. Thanks for reading

PadawanKitara poor obi-wan, alone again In some ways Obi-Wan is alone again and in other ways not alone at all. Thanks for reading.

bek - That was kinda sad, Obi-Wan sorta lost his master a second time. Hopefully the time they spent training was enough to hold them both until the day Obi and Vader meet again. Yes, it was a bit like loosing him again. Thanks for reading.

21. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Wonderful update! I love how the visions were spread across time, both past and future. Glad to hear this is not the end. Had me kind of worried for there for a minute! :)

22. Tinuviel_Jyana

Tinuviel_Jyana Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    I really enjoy each update y'all post. I'm sorry if I haven't been more talkative in my praise. Work keeps me busy, but i'm still reading. :)

I can't wait to see what's to come!

23. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    Oh no! Qui-Gon's gone? :_| I guess Obi-Wan will have plenty to keep him busy, though, with so many visions to absorb. No wonder old Ben is so calm throughout ANH.

24. Sabe126_and_FAB

Jun 6, 2005
    Arwyn- Wonderful update! I love how the visions were spread across time, both past and future. Glad to hear this is not the end. Had me kind of worried for there for a minute! No, not the end yet. Although, as mentioned, this was at one time going to mark the end of the story. We?re glad that you enjoyed the visions past and future granted to Obi-Wan. And welcome back :)

Tinuviel_Jyana ? I really enjoy each update y'all post. I'm sorry if I haven't been more talkative in my praise. Work keeps me busy, but i'm still reading. I can't wait to see what's to come! Hey stranger! How nice to see you! We?re glad that you are still reading and thanks for dropping us a line. Both of us know Darth Real Life far too well ourselves.

DarthMousche ? Oh no! Qui-Gon's gone? For a while, yes. No wonder old Ben is so calm throughout ANH. Thanks for continuing to read. :)

25. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Will Qui-Gon come back? I don't want him to disappear :_|.

It was a nice touch that Obi-Wan already knows that Luke's aunt and uncle will get killed. It actually makes perfect sense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.