main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Conversations with My Master (Obi-Wan/Post ROTS) - Updated! Conversation 16 posted 29 July

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sabe126_and_FAB, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sabe126_and_FAB

Sabe126_and_FAB Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    PadawanKitara - These conversations are starting to take on a disturbing tone.- Maybe now most of Obi-Wan's fears have surfaced they will disappear once he has talked to Qui-Gon.

Ceethreepio - Thanks. Yes, we will.

Lexi - That dream was interesting. So it wouldn't have matter what Obi-Wan had done; Qui-Gon would still have been killed. - Perhaps, it depends on if you believe that the force influenced Obi-Wan's dream or if the guilt he still feels prevented him from seeing another outcome.

Aya_Na-Bashu - Very sad, very haunting, Obi-Wan's emotions are. But there is still hope mixed in amgonst the turmoil. - Thanks. His connection to Qui-Gon has stopped him from falling further. We will add you to the list.

Knight-Ander - Sounds like the Force is trying to tell Obi-Wan that, of all things, this was inevitable. - Yes and if Obi-Wan accepts it, he can finally move on.

Thanks for reading everyone :)

2. Sabe126_and_FAB

Jun 6, 2005
    If anyone else wants a pm when this is updated, please let us know! :)

3. Kynstar

Kynstar Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    Poor Obi :( one has to feel for the guy :( Hopefully he'll soon get his thoughts under wrap. But hey, I totally can understand why it will take a while. I mean...good grief his Padawan was the key role to the destruction of the Jedi and the Republic. So I so can feel for Obi right now :(

Thanks for the PM!

4. Arwyn_Whitesun

Arwyn_Whitesun Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 13, 2002
    Thanks for the PM! Wasn't on computer at all yesterday so glad you gave me the heads-up. That was a distrubing vision/dream that Obi-Wan had. It does seem as if Qui-Gon is trying to tell Obi-Wan that he must not keep blaming himself, that what was going to be was going to be no matter what. Looking forward to next conversation. :)

5. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Ah, wonderful piece of work. I love the way Obi-Wan sort of re-discovers himself during his 'excursions' - his doubts about his sanity, his intense self-blame about what happened, Qui-Gon's flickering presence (and that conversation with Master Yoda was brilliant :) ]...Obi-Wan is portrayed very very well. ..

...and now I'm so eager to learn what happens next! [prays for quick update[face_praying] ]

Glad that you're safe, too. @};-

6. Sabe126_and_FAB

Jun 6, 2005
    Kynstar - Yes, Obi is dealing with a lot following Anakin's fall. Not to mention a life of isolation on a desolate planet gives one lots of time to think.

Arwyn - Qui, the Force, or Obi himself - take your pick - all seem to be telling Obi-Wan it's time to move on and that he need not blame himself entirely for Anakin's fall.

Princess_Arulmozhi - The Master Yoda conversation was quite a bit of fun to write. We're enjoying writing Obi-Wan and glad that everyone is enjoying reading it as much as we are creating this. I think its safe to say that all of us still have the British in your hearts and prayers after the recent events.

Next conversation looks to be completed and up this weekend. Oh, and in case anyone is wondering...this is the beginnig of several stories we plan to collaborate on. :)

7. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Thanks for the PM! And I do hope things in London will normalize soon. My thoughts are with everyone there.

Wonderful and surreal chapter. It seems the Force itself showed Obi-Wan an alternate reality, where if Qui-Gon had survived Naboo and trained Anakin, his padawan would have eventually killed him, unlike Obi-Wan defeating Anakin on Mustafar. Things may have been worse. Thankfully, Qui-Gon persuaded Obi-Wan to finally have the courage to look into the Force and seek an ANSWER to the question! I think the answer would be the same if Qui-Gon had not insisted that Anakin be trained as a Jedi - Anakin would eventually be picked up by Palpatine, trained as a Sith. Anakin becoming a Sith was inevitable. For me this makes sense, since balance was brought by Vader, who was a Sith; the prophecy had been somewhat misinterpreted.

Whose hand was on Obi's shoulder? :eek:

8. Sabe126_and_FAB

Jun 6, 2005
    forever_jedi - Thankfully, Qui-Gon persuaded Obi-Wan to finally have the courage to look into the Force and seek an ANSWER to the question
    Is it an answer from the Force or Obi-Wan's own self-imposed guilt that speaks to him? Time will tell. :D But yes knowing Qui is with him is giving Obi the courage he needs right now.
    Whose hand was on Obi's shoulder?
    Patience....you must learn patience......

9. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Please, PM me as well when you update this. Thanks! :)

10. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    PM when you have more .. great story so far!

11. Sabe126_and_FAB

Jun 6, 2005
    Lexi - Nice to see you again! We'll add you to the PM list.

Peagis - Welcome, thanks. We'll add you to the list.

12. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    *delurking* So Obi was able to speak with Qui for a bit or was it a dream? Even having gone back in time in a vision/dream he still wasn't able to save his master and then to have Maul turn into Anakin, whoa! [face_worried] I think Obi-Wan needs a hug! :p

13. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Sweet, glad I caught this one. Excellent job!

14. Sabe126_and_FAB

Jun 6, 2005
    bek - *delurking* So Obi was able to speak with Qui for a bit or was it a dream? Even having gone back in time in a vision/dream he still wasn't able to save his master and then to have Maul turn into Anakin, whoa! - No, it was a dream. He'll be pondering the implications of it in the next conversation. Thanks for delurking! :)

Arwen-Jade-Kenobi - Sweet, glad I caught this one. Excellent job! - Thanks Arwen, nice to see you! :)

15. Peagis

Apr 14, 2005
  16. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005

This is so fantastic. I was hoping for a story to explore what happened with Obi-Wan/Qui-Gon after ROTS and this is just great, really interesting, and the time travel thing was BLOODY BRILLIANT. lol.

wow...it's like Qui-Gon is trying to show Obi-Wan how to get out of his own crippling guilts. That what had happened was the will of the force, and that he couldnt have chnged it..
    and also things may have turned out worse..

I think this is a crucial step for Obi-Wan because he probably harboured the feeling of failing to reach Qui-Gon for a long time. Now all these suppressed feelings are coming to the top...and I guess thats why we see such a calm, sad, old man in the classic trilogy. He is sad yes, but not angry. He has simply accepted what has happened.

love this. its totally plausible.

pleaaaaaaase PM me if you update! :D

LOVE AND PEACE.

17. Sabe126_and_FAB

Jun 6, 2005
    JOINME - You're right Obi-Wan's guilt is crippling to him at the moment and yes he is taking his first steps. Welcome we hope you stay around!

Thanks for the up Peagis

18. Peagis

Apr 14, 2005
    Your welcome here have another.. UP!

19. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    I just found this. It's brilliant. UP!

20. Sabe126_and_FAB

Jun 6, 2005
    Darksaber - Thanks! Glad you found us! New post this weekend.

Thanks for the up again Peagis

21. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Great conversations. I love this. PM me if you have a PM list.

22. Sabe126_and_FAB

Jun 6, 2005
    Laine_Snowtrekker - Thanks! We have added you to our PM list.

23. Peagis

Apr 14, 2005
  24. AngryWarrior

AngryWarrior Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2005
  25. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    hmmm...not to sound unoriginal or anything but... UP! he he...

please update soon.. re reading it is not enough... :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.