main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Conversations with My Master (Obi-Wan/Post ROTS) - Updated! Conversation 16 posted 29 July

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Sabe126_and_FAB, Jun 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    I always thought there might be a good side to the Sand People attack and I always thought Qui-gon could see it as a good.

2. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I don't see it as a good thing unless you can't it as opening Qui-Gon's eyes to what he had wrought

3. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    Great post interesting the viewpoints of the attack on the sand people...

4. Sabe126_and_FAB

Sabe126_and_FAB Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2005
    forever_jedi -So sad! If only Qui-Gon had decided to contact someone else - Yoda or Obi-Wan or Anakin again - and talk to them about the "revenge" killings. - That might not have been his choice. I wonder if his decision not to speak haunted him when Anakin killed the Jedi younglings.- We will learn more about Qui-Gon's thoughts in the matter in a later conversation.

Knight-Ander- If there is a good side to Anakin's massacre of the Tuskens, it looks like it was Qui-Gon learning that he can reach out from the Beyond. Interesting. - Well written, you two Thanks [face_blush]

JOINME - If Obi-Wan had made a mistake in his training of Anakin it had only been one of blinding hope in his apprentice - That was a heartbreakingly sad way to end! - Thanks! We are glad you liked this update and enjoyed the ending happy Obi-Wan will continue to heal and we will see how far this goes. We aim to continue posting every 2 weeks.

Darksaber - If Obi-Wan had made a mistake in his training of Anakin it had only been one of blinding hope in his apprentice. - I loved that line. - Glad you liked it. FAB wrote that and I liked it too! :)

Laine_Snowtrekker - Great post. I love how you both write this. It's like a work of a genius times two! [face_blush] Thank you! You are very kind. We are pleased you are enjoying it.

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi - Loved the last line just like everyone else did. Sorry to see how Qui-Gon couldn't try and reach Ani again..More soon!!
    We plan to continue once a fortnight posting, at least through the rest of the summer. Once winter sets in we may be able to start posting once a week again.

Lexi - I loved Qui-Gon's thoughts about the Tusken slaughter and why he can't contact Anakin again. I'm sorry that he didn't, but it probably wouldn't have made any difference, because, like he said, Anakin wouldn't listen to the Force.- Qui-Gon is suffering just as much as Obi-Wan and in some ways even more so, because he is dealing with Anakin's rejection.
    I also loved the last line. I was thinking of quoting it, but then I saw that a lot of others had already done that - Thanks! [face_blush]

Ceethreepio - I always thought there might be a good side to the Sand People attack and I always thought Qui-Gon could see it as a good. - Qui-Gon seems to understand although he doesn't approve or condone what Anakin did. The attack was a catalyst for Qui-Gon to begin breaking through from the netherworld to contact living Jedi though.

PadawanKitara - I don't see it as a good thing unless you can't it as opening Qui-Gon's eyes to what he had wrought - You are right, it did open Qui-Gon's eyes. But, no, we didn't intend the writing the reflect Qui-Gon saw the attack as good, but rather he compassionately was able to discern Anakin's underlying emotions which capitulated the attack.

Peagis - Great post interesting the viewpoints of the attack on the sand people... Thanks!

5. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Awesome update!

I am throughly enjoying this fic and am looking forward to reading more soon! :)

6. Sabe126

Sabe126 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Anakin_Heartbreaker - I am throughly enjoying this fic and am looking forward to reading more soon! - We are so pleased that you like this and don't worry we are working on the next conversation! :)

7. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    If Obi-Wan had made a mistake in his training of Anakin it had only been one of blinding hope in his apprentice.

That makes sense, it seems we're usually blind to the faults of those closest to us.

I think in time Obi-Wan will understand that Anakin made his own choice through no fault of Obi-Wan's.

8. ForceAchtungBaby

ForceAchtungBaby Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2002
    bek - That makes sense, it seems we're usually blind to the faults of those closest to us. Very true. I think in time Obi-Wan will understand that Anakin made his own choice through no fault of Obi-Wan's. - I think you are right :)

9. zvalarens

zvalarens Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    Wow! I just found this today. It is great. I always wondered how Obi-Wan felt after Mustafar. You guys are doing a great job. Can you pm me when you update.

10. Sabe126_and_FAB

Jun 6, 2005
    zvalarens - Thanks and welcome!

11. Sabe126_and_FAB

Jun 6, 2005
    Conversation Eight

Minutes turned into hours and Obi-Wan remained silent. During this time Qui-Gon had maintained a constant vigil by his side, watching him meditate and stare into nothing in turn. It was only when the twin suns began their nightly journey into the horizon that Obi-Wan left the stone dwelling.

Without a word he set off across the dune sea. Qui-Gon was his unseen companion as he walked beside him. Qui-Gon studied his padawan, searching for any signs of the brash, young Jedi he had known.

You were right about one thing, Master, the negotiations were short. Qui-Gon?s mouth turned into a broad smirk as he remembered that long ago scene. His padawan?s quick wit was something that never failed to bring a smile to his face.

Perhaps that impetuous spirit disappeared when Obi-Wan lost his master unexpectedly, but Qui-Gon hoped that he was wrong. Whatever remained of his Obi-Wan he chose to believe was only buried beneath the struggle he was now experiencing. Qui-Gon knew that they both had to leave the past behind and that he could do no more to help Obi-Wan in that journey. Obi-Wan must accept what had happened and only then could he move on. When Qui-Gon realized where Obi-Wan was heading he felt the first stirring of sterling, tangible hope.

Standing side-by-side, the two Jedi watched the glowing lights of the homestead in the distance. Obi-Wan turned to the spot he thought his master was standing. The raging storm that for so long was in his eyes, a storm full of anger and frustration, had begun to subside, replaced instead by clear blue serenity.

Placing a hand on his shoulder, Qui-Gon spoke, ?Do not place blame on yourself. It was the will of the Force.?

Obi-Wan touched his own shoulder at the spot where he felt the pressure of his master?s hand. The gesture was partly to reassure himself of his own sanity and partly an effort to reach out to his master. Qui-Gon?s heart was warmed by the simple act.

Obi-Wan looked into the empty space in front of him, his gaze was questioning as he spoke, ?Do you truly believe that? How can it be,? he said, shaking his head and turning away as the tears began to cause the clouds to once again beset his eyes. ?All that destruction and death...the younglings??

The younglings. Their slaughter still haunted Qui-Gon?s days. If he had tried to reach out to Anakin then would it have stopped him?

Master Yoda thought not. ?Already in motion events were,? he had said. Qui had been chastised for his pride, for clinging to the belief that his voice could have prevented Anakin?s turn.

At least I would have tried once again, Qui-Gon thought. I would have known.

More than anything though the cries of the younglings haunted Qui-Gon?s existence. He felt each of their little life forces become one with his through the force. As he watched, he had greeted them all, wrapping them into the warmth of the force. He wished they knew the secrets of the netherworld as he did. Existence would have been a constant delight with younglings by his side.

For now, he had Obi-Wan. They would never be separated again. Qui-Gon would be sure Obi-Wan was trained before it became time for him also to become one with the force.

The Jedi master finally sighed deeply, ?You have paid a high price throughout your life for your loyalty to the Jedi Order.?

Obi-Wan nodded, his expression grim, ?And there is more to pay.?

He focused on the lights ahead of him. Gesturing in front of them, he stated with conviction and acceptance, ?This is my mission now.?

Qui-Gon smiled, pride overwhelmingly him. ?It is time for your training to begin then.?

Obi-Wan bowed his head in the Jedi motion of acceptance. Obi-Wan turned when he felt a breeze brush past him, blinking in the hazy twilight, movement caught his eye. His mouth dropped momentarily in awe only to be replaced with a smile. Qui-Gon was beside him now as he had been for some time except Obi-Wan finally was able to see him.

12. JOINME

JOINME Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    fantastic update!

I am so glad that it is time for Obi-Wan to start his training now, that he has finally made some peace. :)
    It was sad too, Qui-Gon's musings on young Obi..

can't wait for more! [face_dancing]

P.S. Paragraph 4, I think you meant to erase this line, 'think this reads better without the ?some?' =)

13. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    The interaction between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon is beyond words!

Another wonderful chapter. I hope you update soon. :)

14. Peagis

Peagis Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 14, 2005
    great post! ~

15. Ceethreepio

Ceethreepio Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 4, 2003
    this is gonna make me cry, I bet.

16. zvalarens

zvalarens Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2005
    What a great post. I feel so bad for Obi-Wan. Glad he was able to see Qui-Gon.
    Thanks for the pm!

17. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    For now, he had Obi-Wan. They would never be separated again. Qui-Gon would be sure Obi-Wan was trained before it became time for him also to become one with the force.

It will be interesting to see if Qui-Gon's belief that he can communicate from the netherworld for an extended period of time will hold up. What I'm saying is, will he be strong enough to communicate with Obi-Wan for the next 20 years? I'm inclined to think that that could be a problem.

Thanks for the PM. :)

18. forever_jedi

forever_jedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 5, 2002
    Thanks for the PM!

Will of the Force that Anakin slaughtered all the Jedi in the Temple? That is an interesting point of view of Qui-Gon's! Can't say that I agree, but perhaps that focus is how he determines his reality. ;) Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan seem to have completely worked out the past. Neither of them brought up the dramatic Council scene in TPM where Qui-Gon declared Obi-Wan had nothing more to learn from him. At that point Qui-Gon had moved on from Obi-Wan to Anakin as a padawan. But now: For now, he had Obi-Wan. They would never be separated again. Qui-Gon would be sure Obi-Wan was trained before it became time for him also to become one with the force. Why Obi-Wan now? Why not Anakin? Will he hear more of his thoughts on the subject?

19. bek

bek Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2005
    His mouth dropped momentarily in awe only to be replaced with a smile. Qui-Gon was beside him now as he had been for some time except Obi-Wan finally was able to see him.

I think knowing that Qui was there but not being able to see him was something Obi-Wan was trying to convince himself of, but actually seeing Qui puts it more into perspective. [face_dancing]

Great job with this! :)

20. Jennifer_Lyn

Jennifer_Lyn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 2005
    Wonderful post. The dynamic duo, reunited! I'm really enjoying this!

21. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Qui-Gon smiled, pride overwhelmingly him. ?It is time for your training to begin then.?

Aww! Yayness!

22. DarthMousche

DarthMousche Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 16, 2005
    A lovely moment - the memories of the younglings is so sad, but I'm psyched that Obi-Wan can finally see Qui-Gon. Looking foward to more.

23. Laine_Snowtrekker

Laine_Snowtrekker Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 8, 2003
    Great post. Thanks for the PM.

24. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I think thos one might require a tissue alert

25. Sabe126_and_FAB

Jun 6, 2005
    JOINME - Thanks for catching that typo! I am so glad that it is time for Obi-Wan to start his training now, that he has finally made some peace. - Yes, some peace for now.

Anakin-Heartbreaker - The interaction between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon is beyond words! - Ah, thanks Next chapter in less than a fortnight. Something more lighthearted to look forward too.

Peagis - Thanks for reading!

Ceethreepio - this is gonna make me cry, I bet - We'll take that as a compliment

zvalarens- Glad he was able to see Qui-Gon - It should help him continue to heal

Knight-Ander - What I'm saying is, will he be strong enough to communicate with Obi-Wan for the next 20 years? - It's more of a question of the strength and will of the Force then Qui-Gon's strength or will.

forever_jedi - For now, he had Obi-Wan. They would never be separated again. Qui-Gon would be sure Obi-Wan was trained before it became time for him also to become one with the force. Why Obi-Wan now? Why not Anakin? Will he hear more of his thoughts on the subject? Perhaps Qui-Gon feels the need to atone for some mistakes he made with Obi-Wan? Qui-Gon isn't convinced the slaughter of the younglings is the will of the Force himself, remember he expressed his own feelings of guilt in not trying to contact Anakin then himself. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are very alike in that way - they both see their own mistakes, sometimes at the expense of seeing the entire picture.

bek - think knowing that Qui was there but not being able to see him was something Obi-Wan was trying to convince himself of, but actually seeing Qui puts it more into perspective. - Yes, actually seeing Qui-Gon will help Obi-Wan be convinced instead of battling so strongly within himself to believe.

Jennifer_Lyn - Yes, the dynamic duo reunited. Thanks!

Darksaber - Excited much about Obi-Wan beginning his training are we? :)

DarthMousche - A lovely moment - the memories of the younglings is so sad, but I'm psyched that Obi-Wan can finally see Qui-Gon. - Thanks - Obi-Wan's training is not set to begin.

Laine_Snowtrekker - You're welcome and thanks!

Padawan_Kitara- I think thos one might require a tissue alert ? We will remember to give a warning in future!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.