main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

** CONVERSION Help / Requests **

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by George Mezori SCIFI 3D, Aug 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVeditor

DVeditor Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2001
    I think it may only be in the selected view...I'd have to check to be sure though and I'm not at my 3D computer right now. If I get a sec later I'll see what I can discover. :)

2. Miroku_87

Miroku_87 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
    I tried to assign the material with another viewport selected but nothing happened....

[image=http://www.tes.mi.it/~miroku_87/3dsmax.jpg]

PS: I saw the Star Wars Episode III making the videogame and it's really *_*
    I confirmed I'd like to become a videogame creator!!!

3. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Make sure your other views aren't set to wireframe display mode - that may be the problem.

4. QuiGonDave

QuiGonDave Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2004
    small question:
    I try to make a .bmp of a Jedi Starfighter which just landed on some grass. I got that to work, but now I want to add shadow because it doesn't look very realistic. I can't figure out how to do that, can anyone help?

Image I got so far:
    http://www.freewebs.com/dvdlproductions/starfighteropgras.jpg

erm I don't know if the link works..

5. Miroku_87

Miroku_87 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
    Sorry >_<
    where are the wireframe settings?

found it!
    Which viewport set do you advice me?

Another thing:
    watch at this image
    [image=http://www.tes.mi.it/~miroku_87/3dsmax.jpg]

now, watching the Jean D'Arc complete body tutorial the leg has lines on (I don't know how to call them) but in my work there aren't those. How can I make appear those?

6. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Dave, if you want to create a shadow without a visible surface, follow these simple steps:

- Create a plane where the ground is
    - Goto the material editor and assign the "Matte/Shadow" material to the plane
    - Make sure your scene's lights have shadows turned on
    - Render away!

NOTE: If you are planning to composite this in a different program, make sure you do these two things before you render:

- Set your environment background to pure white
    - Goto the "Render Elements" area of the render menu and add an Alpha element

Miroku - it depends on what mode you need to see things in. Really in the end it comes down to what you can work the best with and what you need to do. I would advise playing with the different settings until you find what works best for you.

EDIT: Not sure about the lines Miroku...could you link to the original tutorial?

Good luck guys!

7. Miroku_87

Miroku_87 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
  8. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    If you mean the ones in this image, you're not going to see those in Max. Those look like they were created in a photo editing program for the tutorial.

9. QuiGonDave

Aug 29, 2004
    thanks for the help, I will try it when I get home

10. Miroku_87

Miroku_87 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
  11. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    I still think those are guidelines that were created for the tutorial. If not they might have done a wireframe render and layered it onto the image to show definition. Hope that helps!

12. Miroku_87

Miroku_87 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
    I resolved!
    It was the Edged Face box in the Viewport Configuration that wasn't marked up.

Thanx the same! ^^

13. QuiGonDave

Aug 29, 2004
    I can't seem to find the Matte/Shadow button in the material editor :p

14. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    ^ ^

It's not a button, you have to add it as a material. Just open the material editor and click on the "Standard" box that opens the window where you pick a material. (Should be a list bulleted with blue spheres.) Make sure "New" is selected (on the left) and then browse down until you see "Matte/Shadow" on the list. Then apply the material to your model and you're done! Hope that helps.

Miroku - ahhhh ok that makes sense now. Glad you got it working!

15. QuiGonDave

Aug 29, 2004
    ow sorry :D thnx for the help! I'm going to try it right away.

Edit: It worked! DVeditor, you rule tha world :D

16. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Glad I could help!

17. Miroku_87

Miroku_87 Jedi Youngling

Mar 16, 2005
    Watching the first written cell it tells I have to use the Weld Target

it tells it here

So, how I use that tool? I select the vertexes I need but when I click target nothing happen...

can you help me?

18. DVeditor

Dec 21, 2001
    Sent you a PM. This thread needs to stay open for mostly conversion stuff. If you're having several issues with the application itself, make sure you post them here and then talk over PM. We need to make sure we're not filling up the stickies too much. :) (Hope this hasn't caused a problem so far Zoo.)

19. jaho10

jaho10 Jedi Youngling

Apr 12, 2005
    I'm currently converting 3ds files to maya (even .obj if ya want) I've just finnished the e-wing and could send them to anyone. Any way if there's any request for sme models here that are 3ds and screwed up on import to maya I'll be glad to fix them. I also have a request, can somebody convert the second e-wing model and Legacy ISD to obj/3ds/maya from max?

Note: Incase you're wondering, I'm on a mac so I can't use polytrans or any of that jazz.

20. master_deb

master_deb Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2004
    hi,içhave a problem with that bttf delorean because it is for max 7 and i have max 6 :(.
    si i was wondering if anybody knew a way to make it available for max 6 too, it would would be very nice :).

link to the model:

http://www.turbosquid.com/FullPreview/Index.cfm/ID/259460

thx!

21. Brandeni

Brandeni Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2002
    I might be able to do that for you tomorrow man.

Its about time i stop the asking and do some answering around here anyways :)

22. LInk291

LInk291 Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2005
    hey all,

i was wondering if anyone has converted Emilio Lorenzo's Clone Trooper's *both ep2 and ep3 versions* or is able to covert them to Lightwave *lwo* format. was also wondering if anyone has converted Howard Day's Legacy ISD to Lightwave, i'd love to work with these models but i work in Lightwave and not 3DS Max :(..anyone able to help?

23. section33

section33 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 24, 2005
    i second the above post

24. Talonias

Talonias Jedi Master star 1

May 25, 2005
    Hi, i was wondering if someone could please convert the legacy isd (found in star wars > craft & vessels > republic) from MAX 6 to 3DS. I want to use a few in my latest project. Thanks,

Talonias

25. Darth_Barbosa

Darth_Barbosa Jedi Youngling

May 20, 2005
    Hope I'm in the right place to ask this...

I'm just started using Wings 3D, and I got a model done, I just need someone to tell me how I can animate it.

thanx!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.