main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ark Conway Gatherings

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by wicket1138, Dec 10, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicket1138

wicket1138 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 10, 2002
    Hey all, sorry that we from Conway haven't been incredibly active of late but exams have been taxing us and keeping us from meeting. However, we're still actively trying to become our own FanForce and are arranging meetings for after the break. We are probably going to get together tonight and/or tomorrow, and while the impromptu nature of these meetings might not be considered part of our 'official' meetings necesarry, but we're going to have them anyways. We'll be gone for Christmas, but as soon as we get back for the New Year we'll be arranging for more official meetings. Over the break I shouldn't be busy at times and therefore am going to plan to advertise and recruit around the area.

This thread is where I am going to publish any information about Conway meetings and information. We'll get moving soon and have some better and more specific information.

2. Johnny-Vegas

Johnny-Vegas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    How did it go? Are you ever going to get your other Conway members to register and post?
    Good luck with your concert this Friday. Sorry I can't make it.

3. Deja_Vu

Deja_Vu Jedi Youngling

Sep 5, 2002
    :D I'm a Conway member who *is* around, I'm just not a talkative one....

4. Johnny-Vegas

Johnny-Vegas Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2004
    Well, looks like you've been a member a lot longer than me, so what else is there to say. ;)

5. wicket1138

Mar 10, 2002
    Hey everyone. We've been back for a week or so, so our gatherings are going to start up soon. We're going to get together on Saturday, February 5th if anyone else is interested in coming. Hopefully we'll finally be able to get everyone online as well. Give us a word if you're interested in dropping by.

6. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Hey, make sure you notify Amidala or Nabooty Call (they are our RSAs) and get this news posted on the main TFN site for advertisement. There may be some Arkansans visiting TFN but not know of our existence yet. ;)

7. otisdodge

otisdodge Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2004
    Well, I won't be in town that weekend, but please keep posting your meetings in case there is one when I am going to be in LR anyway and could make the trip to Conway.

8. Nyborg13

Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 28, 2004
    Hey Wickett1138, ShadowScout04 and Myself should be able to make it. I need to know where and when on the 5th. We just started proceedings to buy some land and a new double wide. So we are trying to pack everything up. And no-one but Otisdodge has seen my collection but Im sure he will tell you it will take at least a week just to pack the three Star Wars rooms in the house. In about six months we hope to have a Fan Force meeting at my new house. Where everyone will be expected to attend to celebrate Arkansas very own little Steve Sansweet. My son and I will be opening up a 1500 sqft museum.

9. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    WOW! 1500 square feet!! That's enormous man!

10. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Yeah there are two grain dryers on the property so I am converting one of them into a three story Star Wars museum. Its going to rock. Hey Elan-Rai what do you have planned for tommorow we have to go to Bryant and might be able to make it over to Hot Springs.

11. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Well, I have to take the kids (on a bus unfortunately) to Arkadelphia for their regional clinic this morning (Sat.) Won't be back until 6-7pm. Of course, I'll be exhausted after that. But now, tomorrow is pretty free but you guys probably won't be in the area, huh? If so, let me know and maybe we could hook up. :D

12. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Congratulations, Henry on getting another new home deal going. I am very happy for you and jealous. :D

...it will take at least a week just to pack the three Star Wars rooms in the house.
    Yeah, y'all have got your work cut out for you. When exactly are you moving? Is your current place on the market yet?

13. wicket1138

Mar 10, 2002
    It seems that we at Conway are still struggling to properly get our act together. Luckily I haven't sent a message to anyone yet... but it seems like I have once again erred. We actually won't be available because of other member commitments. We're really sorry about this, but the real life takes priority over the fanforce activities... we're trying to work things out... we're just young and inexperienced... we apologize for our failings... you more experienced people have mostly been through College... you know how it works...

However, we are not abandoning our mission to be a part of the Fanforce... we're getting closer as friends, getting to know each other... and we're going to advertise on campus if we get the chance, to gather up more local fans...

Hopefully y'all aren't too upset with us... like I said, we're working out our problems. Also as a side note, I PROMISE, to get our third/fourth members online sometime soon to prove that we actually do have a small group forming.

14. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Don't let it get to you. Arkansas areas are relatively small compared to some of these other FanForces; i.e., Denver, Houston, Nashville, etc. It will be difficult to compile members for Arkansas, but it can be done. Something we all could do (finding the time of course) is to make some flyers that show people the way to the FanForce boards via a link. Maybe even have a few links also to FanForce.Net and Arkansas FanForce. The flyers could be posted around comic shops, movie theaters, sci-fi shops, etc. That way there is no direct contact and people might feel a little more comfortable moving at their own pace. You never know, it could work.

15. Wet_Fett

Wet_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Apr 24, 2002
    i guess i dont have a choice but to confess my living in conway...hi!

16. Nyborg13

Jun 28, 2004
    Hello Wet_Fett glad to have you around maybe you can help jump start the Conway side of things. You have Deja-Vu and Wicket1138 over in Conway. I havnt had a chance to meet with them yet but hope to real soon.

17. Wet_Fett

Apr 24, 2002
    u been to the cortex? its awesome

18. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Gaming center, eh? Sounds like fun. $20-$25/person is a little on the expensive side of things for me though. :(

19. otisdodge

Sep 21, 2004
    Yeah, that is too rich for my blood, especially because I SUCK! at videogames. I do love me some Battlefront though!!!

20. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    I play me some Battlefront often myself!

21. Wet_Fett

Apr 24, 2002
    its $4 an hour...cheap

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.