main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cool events to put on your schedules...

Discussion in 'FanForce Conventions' started by Sebulba-X, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    These will be added to the C2 FAQ on Monday, but I thought they deserved their own thread in case you might miss them.

djtom is an Indy Knight memeber, and the coolest traffic guy on the radio waves in Indy...thru a lovely connection or two he will be MCing some of the presentations during Celebration 2, here's his post on the events:

Niiiiiice Tom, congrats and thanks!

I was told by tom that he wasn't sure if this should be posted or not, so I'm taking it down for now...if it's ok, then it will just be reincorporated into the FAQ

2. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Drats! I'll be missing the archaeology one. :(

3. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Drat! I'm in the same boat at Bobafemme. Out of all them I already have plans during the one I'm interested in. :p

~*~Bria

4. aaron011

aaron011 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2002
    Thanks for the info. The closer it gets to the 3rd, the more I plan to hear about the particulars of the event. I just want to have a good time and see as much as possible.

For anyone staying after the event. I just heard that the Indy Motor Speedway opens for practice on Sunday the 5th. They said that the drivers would have to average 224 mph for 4 laps to make the race this year. That's fast!!

5. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    Where are these "Naboo" and "Dagobah" rooms? They're in the con center?

6. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    I definitely hope to get to The Art of Animatics panel and the ILM model shop ones.

7. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    There are the main exhibit halls (A-E) that will be wide open and filled with stuff...but there is also offshoot rooms both on the main and second floors for other events (such as the Sagamore Ballroom that will hold the concert)....all of which are easily accessable, but the event such as this is so massive, the full convention hall wasn't enough.

8. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    Revised & Current Schedule (more to come I'm sure...):

Schedule of Events:
    Friday, May 3rd ? 10 AM ? 8 PM

9 AM ? 7 PM ? Attendee Registration
    10 AM ? 11 AM ? Exhibit Hall open to Fan Club Members only
    10AM ? 6 PM ? Celebrity Autograph Sessions (varies by celeb, with breaks for lunch and other events)
    11 AM ? 6 PM ? Exhibit Hall open to all attendees
    11 AM ? Noon ? ?Digital Storyboards - the Art of Animatics? Presented by Dan Gregoire - Naboo - Rooms 201-204
    11 AM ? 6 PM ? Art Show Hours
    11 AM ? 6 PM ? Celebration II Store Hours (all attendees permitted)
    Noon ? 1 PM ? ?Displaying and Preserving Your Collection? Presented by Todd Chamberlain, Philip Wise, and Josh Ling ? Bespin - Program Room
    1 PM ? 2 PM ? ?How to Make an Action Figure? Presented by Ron Salvatore, Chris Georgoulias, and panelists from Hasbro and Gentle Giant ? Bespin - Program Room
    1:30 PM ? 5:30 PM ? ½ of the Star Wars 25th Anniversary Concert tickets will be on sale at a special ticket booth on the south end of the main floor in the Convention Center, near the Celebration Store.
    2 PM ? 3 PM ? ?Collecting 25 Years Ago? Presented by Todd Chamberlain, Duncan Jenkins, and Ed Albano ? Bespin - Program Room
    2 PM ? 3PM ? ?Building the Geonosian Arena - An Hour with the ILM Model Shop? Presented by Don Bies, Nelson Hall, Lorne Peterson, John Goodson - Tatooine - 500 Ballroom
    3 PM ? 4 PM ? ?Star Wars Collectibles Roadshow? Presented by Lisa Stevens, Gus Lopez, and Chris Fawcett ? Bespin - Program Room
    4 PM ? 5 PM ? ?The Art of Star Wars? Presented by Bill Plumb ? Bespin - Program Room
    5 PM ? 6 PM ? ?Ask the Hasbro Star Wars Team? ? Presented by Paul Palmer of Hasbro and staff ? Bespin - Program Room
    6 PM ? Star Wars Opening Ceremony
    9PM ? Midnight ? Official Fan Force, 501st, and Rebel Legion Celebration 2 Party Hyatt Regency Hotel Banquet Room

Saturday, May 4th - 9 AM ? 8 PM
    8 AM ? 7 PM ? Attendee Registration
    9 AM ? 10 AM ? Exhibit Hall & Celebration II Store open to Fan Club Members only
    9 AM ? 6 PM ? Celebrity Autograph Sessions (varies by celeb, with breaks for lunch and other events)
    10 AM ? 6 PM ? Exhibit Hall & Celebration II Store open to all attendees
    10 AM ? 6 PM ? Art Show Hours
    10 AM ? 8 PM ? Celebration II Store Hours
    1 PM ? 7 PM ? The remaining Star Wars 25th Anniversary Concert tickets will be on sale at a special ticket booth on the south end of the main floor in the Convention Center, near the Celebration Store.
    1 PM ? 2 PM ? ?ILM Model Shop? Presented by Don Bies, Nelson Hall, Lorne Peterson, John Goodson - Tatooine - 500 Ballroom
    3:30 PM ? 4:30 PM ? ?Starwoids - Making a Fan Film? Presented by Dennis Przywara ? Dagobah - Rooms 107-110
    4PM ? 6:30 PM ? Celebration II Collectibles Auction
    5:30 PM ? 6:30 PM ? ?The Archeology of Star Wars? Presented by Dr. David West Reynolds - Naboo - Rooms 201-204
    8:30 PM - 25th Anniversary Concert, Sagamore Ballroom, Indianapolis Convention Center ? tickets $12 (all ages)

Sunday, May 5th - 9:00 AM ? 4:00 PM ? Celebration II
    8 AM ? 4 PM ? Attendee Registration
    9 AM ? 10 AM ? Exhibit Hall & Celebration II Store open to Fan Club Members only
    9 AM ? 4 PM ? Celebrity Autograph Sessions (varies by celeb, with breaks for lunch and other events)
    10 AM ? 4 PM ? Exhibit Hall & Celebration II Store open to all attendees
    10 AM ? 4 PM ? Art Show Hours
    10 AM ? 8 PM ? Celebration II Store Hours
    Noon ? R2-D2 ? Celebration II Parade (Begins in Room 212)
    Noon ? 1 PM ? ?Starwoids ? Making a Fan Film? Presented by Dennis Przywara ? Dagobah - Rooms 107-110
    1:30 PM ? 4 PM ? Celebration II Costume Contest & Parade - Sagamore Ballroom

9. aaron011

aaron011 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 31, 2002
    Sebulba, you are the greatest. This is just the kind of info I've been hoping to see. Just one thing I'm not sure about. I've already got my Admission Lanyard. Does everyone who already has their lanyard need to register? And what day, if any, do we have to register? For Ex... Can I register Friday if I'm not going till Sunday?

Anymore info would ease my worried mind.
    Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

10. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    If you've bought your pass, you're good to go. There's no registering other than that as far as I know.

11. Mirax H

Mirax H TFN Costumes Staff star 3 VIP

Aug 16, 1999
    Sebulba,

Do you know anything about getting lanyards for those of us who bought extra fan club memberships but they wouldn't send out lanyards since we had already received our tickets? When and where can we pick these up? My hubby wants to get in early when I do but we don't know how this is going to work.

12. Sebulba-X

Mar 11, 2000
    My memory's fuzzy on this, but I believe that if you go to the Will Call table you can get your lanyard there. Will Call opens an hour before the doors do (that might be the same time Fan Club memebers get in though, another thing I'm not sure on), but you should be able to get it at the Will Call and get in early to everything like the other FC members.

13. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Thanks Sebulba! This is great info as usual. :D

14. DonC

DonC Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2001
    Will Call opens an hour before fan club members get in. This is on Friday, I haven't even looked for Sat. or Sunday.

Any chance we'll get a list of when the celebrity Q & A sessions will take place, before May 3?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.