Cool idea

Discussion in 'Fan Sites' started by JediRaptor1, Dec 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRaptor1 Jedi Padawan

I was thinking, what if you got as many free website accounts (geocities, 100megsfree, tripod, ect.) and strung them together with links to make one big site. this way, you could get more webspace. what do you think?
  2. JediRaptor1 Jedi Padawan

3. Jedi_Commander_Faofa Force Ghost

star 4
    Freewebs is good too. Actually, that's what I've been trying to do with my site. ;)
  4. MaxVeers TFN FanFilms Staff, Manager Emeritus

star 5
    It would work, but it would also be a huge pain. Is it that hard to pay a few dollars a month for real webspace and no ads?
  5. Raef_Wolfe Jedi Master

star 4
    I've used this cool idea before, it's an old trick a lot of people tend to use. But it's a bit more trouble than it's worth, sometimes. Now all I do is use one account for images and another is my HTML, music, and whatever page.
  6. jeffdotson Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hello, I have 1 account left for anyone who needs a site hosted. No banners, 20-100mb of space, 20 gb Data transfer, maybe more it depends on what your gona do with the site. and Ill do it for FREE. BUT , first you have to tell me what the sites about and thats it. PM me or email me.

Jeff Dotson
  7. Dingo Force Ghost

star 5
    It is something that does work, but is an absolute pain since you have to match everything that cross-references up correctly.

Wasn't exactly common, but not unheard of previously, but now with all the varying adspace that is needed between the different hosts, including different styles and placements, it can be too much of a headache if you are wanting to create a quality site. Which, if you are after that much space, you are, so I agree with Max and say shell out just a little bit of money for your own space, which you can do a lot more with (eg FTP access).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.