main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cool JO videos (and a JCer is in one of them!)

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Jeff 42, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    This site has some really cool videos that people have made using gameplay footage from computer games including JO. Some of the things in here truly have to be seen to be believed. My favorite video there is "fusion skills" by khz.fusion/Nutritious (who plays on the OE server sometimes). He also made the videos "nutritious" and "tricky." The latter has some ridiculous jump tricks.

Another great video is "starcraft," made even better by the fact that Rebecca is in it! She is in a scene from 2:37 to 2:43 in the video. Guess what happens to her? ;)

These videos are rather large, but they're worth the download.

2. Jeff 42

Sep 14, 1998
    Here's a new video and perhaps the best one yet. It's on File Planet so you have to register to download it and you probably have to wait in line, but it is free. Rebecca is in this video too, and she even got special thanks in the credits! (Unless there's another Rebecca who plays as Jan and has her name in light blue.)

3. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    .... COMPRESSION!

My god haven't these people heard of Quicktime??

Chris

4. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Awesome, these are the first player made videos I've heard of for JO. Sounds cool, downloading now.

5. Darth_Simpson

Darth_Simpson Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2000
    Yeah, these people really need to learn some compression techniques. Anyway, cool videos.

6. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    I've seen starcraft, and about to watch tricks. Fusion Skills and Nutrious are downloading. Very cool. That guys really good. I never thought to combine dark rage with speed. Crazy.

I just saw tricks. I'm going to go practice now ;)

¤Night

7. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Downloading 3 now.....

edit: Saw Starcraft. Anyone know where I can get the script to have the saber do that blue/red thing when in Force Speed? Or any info for that mod what made all the weapons glow?

That was pretty cool, maybe we should try making a JC one?

8. Jeff 42

Sep 14, 1998
    I think the big file sizes might have something to do with the way in which these videos are made. There is an explanation of how to do that here. It sounds kind of complicated.

9. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    If it's what I am thinking of, yeah, that's me. I used to be in their clan but it broke up.

10. Janz_Walker

Janz_Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 9, 2000
    I scanned through that tutorial. Sounds like it's easier just to use some consumer-level movie studio software. Well worth the money $50 to $80 if you want to make videos like this with small file sizes.

Chris

11. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    That's just some basic compression using jpg sequences. I'm sure Homer knows how to do it.

¤Night

12. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    yep, I do :D

13. Jeff 42

Sep 14, 1998
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.