main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cool, Unused NJO characters

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Crite Sculdren, Mar 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crite Sculdren

Crite Sculdren Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 17, 1999
    OK, this could have been used before as a topic. I might have even been the one too post it,if it was(though i doubt it, but it's been a long time since i've been on here). anyway, on to the topic.

Danni Quee(especially her), Traest Kre'fey,Ganner(though he's been pretty active),The col. who's also a Jedi and was involved in Conquest and Rebirth(sorry, his name escapes me), even Kir Kanos(first appearance of Nom Anor was CEII, so I'm counting him). These are all characters that showed a lot of potential upon their first appearances in NJO. And from what I remember, NJO was supposed to be somewhat of a passing of the torch to new character, but these NEW characters have been all but ignored.ok, Kanos i understand, and the Col also, but Danni was a main character in Vector Prime, Ganner and Traest in the stackpole books following it, yet after their initial appearance, they are barely ever seen. Sure, Danni solved the problem of the yammosk by being the "jedi scientist" and ganner got to be the Old guy in SbS, but beyond that, there's been nothing. No action, no character development, nothing. Instead we get YJK characters who are made to sound boring(except maybe zekk and tenel, but she annoys me) and shouldn't be important in the first place. I realize that's harsh, but why do they get center stage? i can't think of a reason. If anyone can think of any other characters they'd like to see more of or if anyone thinks i'm an idiot, i'd like to hear what you have to say on the subject.

2. Mateo

Mateo Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2001
    It would be nice to see what has happenned to Dayze Azur-Jamin after he vanished on Nal Hutta,maybe he infiltraited the Peace Brigade and is working in secret to stop the vong before coming back, also Kyle Katarn is working on tatics to defeat the Yuuzhan Vong so it would be cool to see him at the Jedi Base working with Danni and Saba.

3. Jedi_Anakin_Solo

Jedi_Anakin_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2001
    I believe that the Jedi colonel you are referring to is Kenth Hamner. Hope that's helpful :).
    And I agree, there are a lot of cool chars that aren't used enough...

4. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Droma needs to come back.

5. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    Danni Quee. Yes. She's cool.

Droma is fun, and needs to have a come back. Not a main character though.

6. GrandAdmPellaeon

GrandAdmPellaeon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    here

Check it out

7. Veng_Commando

Veng_Commando Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 26, 2001
    Kyle Katarn, nuf said.

8. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I want to see more of the IR. I know its always being said but its true, we want to see the IR!

9. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I'd say bring Kyle Katarn and Kenth Hamner in to the full loop.

10. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Kyle Katarn - Butt-whoopin' time

Keyan Farlander - SW Gamer 8 says he was instructing the pilots at Eclipse. If he came up with all those tactics from SbS, I'd like to see him in action. Any guy who survived Yavin in a Y-wing and is a Jedi Knight is going to shred coralskips flying in a snubfighter - specially since he was last seen flying that beautiful lady of mass destruction, THE B-WING HEAVY ASSAULT FIGHTER - MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

11. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    You just can't put everyone in the spotlight I suppose, but there are some that I'd like at least to be mentioned, maybe even get a cameo.

Kyle Katarn-he's cool, nuff said.
    Droma-he was funny.
    Danni Quee-Along with everyone else I'd like to see more of her.
    Corran Horn-Yeah not unless Stackpole writes SW again I know, I know.
    Zero-One Kyp's R2 unit, I liked it in DJ.
    YVH droids-Denning made a great character in these and they deserve more than just being seen in SbS.
    Tahiri Veila-I hope they just don't push her aside now that Anakin's dead.
    Ganner Rhysode-After ruin he stopped agravating me.
    Finally: Tenel Ka-What can I say, she's an intriguing character since DJ.

12. mirax_T

mirax_T Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 1999
    I agree, we definatly need to see more of tahiri and krey'fe (sp?) i would also like to see some of the older characters, such as the wraiths and rogues play a more important role (although i believe they will in allston's upcoming books). also, we need more chiss and fel action, i personally, would love to see baron fel and a whole fleet of chiss enter into the action....

13. BattleDog

BattleDog Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2002
    I say go all out with the TIE killin, ass whippen, Cap ship grillin, General Farlander.

I hope he turns up, I would emagine he is pretty p***ed off, since his planet has been invaded.

Aside from that Kyle definatly.

On a side note, does anyone know where I can get a copy of the Farlander Papers online, mine's gone walk about.

14. Mazzic

Mazzic Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2000
    I'd love to see where the heck Kirana Ti is...

And more Shada!

Kyle Katarn needs to show up too.

15. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    Pellaeon.. and Ackbar.

They could be Tag Team Admirals...

16. Mandalore74

Mandalore74 Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I'd like to see:

Kenth Hamner- maybe with the Republic going back to guerilla tactics he'll play a bigger role.

Kyle Katarn- for obvious reasons, but won't happen til after JK2:JO.

Ackbar- I konw he is getting old, but I think he still has some tactics in him. Long live the Ackbar Slash!

Kam Solusar- he has always been one of my favorites, but we rarely see him in action. It's too bad, you have to love a guy that stands side by side with Luke and shoots stuff.

A Noghri or Wookie Jedi- I just want to see one of these species get violent on some Vong, its sort of my guilty pleasure :D

17. Elite_Guard

Elite_Guard Jedi Master star 2

Oct 7, 2001
    lowie is a wookie jedi....

18. Mandalore74

Feb 1, 2001
    Tousche. That completely slipped my mind. Alright, that leaves a Noghri.

19. jed-eye

jed-eye Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 10, 2000
    what the hell happened to GARM BEL IBLIS?!

20. KansasNavy

KansasNavy Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2001
    Major Showolter and Belindi Kalenda. I don't remember seeing Keyan Farlander in any NJO books? What did it exactly say about him in Gamer?

Also: Tycho, Wraiths (though I know they will be), Tendra (Lando's wife), Commodore Brand, and Shimrra.

21. Mandalore74

Feb 1, 2001
    Bel Iblis was last seen in SbS protecting Coruscant. Your guess is as good as mine on where he took the remainder of his fleet though. I bet there is a very good chance he will show up in Allston's duology though.

22. magneto

magneto Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 1, 2001
    I loved Kre'fey

23. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I completely forgot about Farlander(didn't he have Force potential) were has he been?

24. Mandalore74

Feb 1, 2001
    Farlander is supposedly trainig fighter pilots at Eclipse during SbS and Dark Journey.

25. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Danni -- as much as I hated the fact that they introduced yet another extraordinarily strong Force-user, the fact is that they did, and it's a shame that they then almost immediately pushed her off the screen. She definitely should be in the spotlight more often.

Katarn -- We need to see some Vong ass-whoopin', Katarn style.

Guri -- " " " " " " "-", Guri "

Callista -- she could prove an interesting dynamic if she returned.

The Force-witches of Dathomir

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.