main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Coolest scenes of the saga

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Beatlesfan94, Mar 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beatlesfan94

Beatlesfan94 Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2009
    I was watching Return of the Jedi tonight and thought the scene where the Super Star Destroyer is shot down and crashes into the Death Star II is pretty cool looking. Especially when it seems like it is "sinking".

So what scenes of the saga do you think are the "coolest"?

2. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    I like the Geonosis arena/battle scenes. They are epic! and in The Clone Wars, when the AT-TE scales the cliff of Teth. Awesome...

Aw man... Way too hard to choose. I love EVERY SCENE....

3. Granny-Wan

Granny-Wan Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 12, 2009
    There are way too many cool scenes to pick just one...

The explosions of the Death Stars.
    Obi-Wan on Mustafar saying "You were the chosen one!"
    Anakin leading the clones up the step of the Jedi Temple with the city lights in the backgroud.
    The Millennium Falcon in the asteroid field.
    The snow walkers advancing on Echo Base.

I could go on and on...Sounds more like a top ten list! [face_worried]

4. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    I like the battle of genosis a lot. I think the Death Star Trench Run was awesome. But there are just to many to pick. [face_thinking]

5. esahr8

esahr8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2008
    I think mine by far has to be the "It's a trap" scene from ROTJ.

For some reason, I always get chills when I see that massive Rebel fleet braking and turning away from the Death Star, only to have the Imperial fleet drop in from behind.

6. Daft-Vader

Daft-Vader Chosen One star 8

Aug 6, 2008
    Well of course there is the Anakin v Obi-Wan/Yoda v Sids. The intertwining between the two is just great, and you finally see Yoda fighting, with a true Force Battle, not just a lightsaber fight; not that I don't like Lightsaber Duels, mixed with the intses lightsaber duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan

And also the Battle of Yavin is great too.

7. BarkingFrog

BarkingFrog Jedi Master star 2

Jan 4, 2009
    Pretty much any scene with Palpatine. My favourites are his 2 duels, and the scene where he reveals to Anakin he's a Sith Lord.

"Are you going to kill me?"
    "I would certainly like to!"
    "I know you would... I can feel your anger... it gives you focus. Makes you stronger."

The way his voice turns into the instantly recognizable Sidious voice is really cool. And the first time I heard the line I was so excited because of the parallel to ROTJ.

Also, my favourite scene of the original trilogy would be the scene where Luke and friends are about to be executed on Tatooine. Everybody laughs at Luke's "Free us, or die", and then 5 minutes later, Jabba's sail barge is exploding and Luke and friends are on their way home.

8. Obironsolo

Obironsolo Force Ghost star 4

Feb 7, 2005
    Coolest?

1) Anakin, Obi Wan and Yoda appear as ghosts at end of saga. (This has lost much of its original coolness. Back in the day, this was the mother of all cool moments)

2) Han Solo being frozen in carbonite.

3) Battle of Geonosis, once Yoda swoops in through the epic battlefield shots.

4) "No...I am your father!"

5) Vader saves Luke, throwing the Emperor down the shaft.

6) Darth Maul backflips over chasm, then Obi Wan and Qui Gon flip after him.

7) Millenium Falcon asteroid chase.

8) The Emperor kneeling over a burned Anakin

9) Opening shot of A New Hope

10) Snow speeders lasso AT-AT.

9. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    -Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan facing off against the droidekas
    -the opening of the Battle of Naboo
    -the beginning of the podrace
    -Darth Maul igniting his double blade in the Theed hangar bay
    -Anakin hanging off of Zam Wessel's speeder
    -the Jedi running into the Battle of Geonosis
    -the clones landing on Geonosis
    -Anakin and Padme's wedding
    -march on the Jedi Temple
    -opening of the Battle of Coruscant
    -Anakin flashing his Sith eyes
    -"Your father's lightsaber."
    -Luke gazing up at the twin suns
    -Ewok celebration

10. -MUSTAFAR-

-MUSTAFAR- Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 5, 2009
    The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan facing off with Darth Maul. Greatest duel in the saga by far.

Attack of the Clones - The Battle of Geonosis after the arena scenes. Such epic warfare.

Revenge of the Sith - Obi-Wan VS Vader. Vader's reconstruction and the machines suiting him up.

A New Hope - The Millenium Falcon's approach to the Death Star. The Battle of Yavin.

Empire Strikes Back - The Empire's introduction in the film with the Imperial March playing, and Vader standing at the viewing port.

Return of the Jedi - The final clash of Luke against Vader.

11. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    -The Pod Race in TPM
    -The Jedi's duel with Darth Maul in TPM
    -The first look at the clones on Kamino in AOTC
    -Yoda revealing lightsaber and dueling for the "first" time in AOTC
    -The Battle of Geonosis
    -The opening space battle of ROTS all the way up to the crash-landing of Invisible Hand
    -Order 66
    -Obi-Wan's final speech with Darth Vader on Mustafar before leaving him to die in ROTS
    -The opening scene on the Tantive IV in ANH
    -Obi-Wan's "memories of Anakin" to Luke in his home in ANH
    -Arriving/scenes at Cloud City in ESB
    -The reveal of Yoda to Luke in ESB
    -The Luke/Vader duel and "I am your father" reveal in ESB
    -The death of Yoda in ROTJ
    -Obi-Wan's reveal to Luke of his true family and origins in ROTJ
    -The Rebel fleet meeting for the final attack mission with Mon Mothma in ROTJ
    -The final space battle in ROTJ
    -The final duel with Luke, Vader and Sidious in ROTJ, leading up to Sidious' destruction

ok, I know mine's WAY over 10!!! LOL there's just SO many great parts!:D

12. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    TPM: [image=http://www.the-reel-mccoy.com/movies/1999/images/TPM_DoubleSaber_med.jpg]
    AOTC: [image=http://www.freewebs.com/worldstarz2/Dooku_yoda.jpg]
    ROTS: [image=http://www.positech.co.uk/blog/bigspacebattle.jpg]
    ANH: [image=http://index.echostation.com/trilogy/trench.jpg]
    ESB: [image=http://www.markdermul.be/hoth/intro/hoth2.jpg]
    ROTJ: [image=http://www.theforce.net/SWTC/Pix/given/battle3.jpg]

13. woj101

woj101 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Feb 19, 2000
    Excellent, I'm in this thread early enough to not have to trawl through 13 pages only to find every one of my suggestions has already been posted. I won't hog though, I'll just the top three that come to mind (plus a couple extra snippets ;) )

My coolest line is probably "You've failed your highness. I am a Jedi, like my father before me", which is closely followed by "(Sound of blaster fire) ... was a boring conversation anyway. Luke, we're gonna have company!"

Cool moments:

- Yoda dumping the two guards at Palpatine's office on to the floor, before pulling the classic 'pretend your unconcious then send the Emperor arse-over-armpit'

- Luke signalling Artoo before dropping off the Skiff plank, catapault-cum-somersaulting into the air, catching his lightsabre and igniting it's brilliant green blade.

- Clone Trooper Appo confronting Bail Organa on Coruscant - "There's been a rebellion, sir. Don't worry. The situation is under control. I'm sorry, sir. It's time for you to leave."

Oh, and just before I sign off - the Millennium Falcon? Secret compartments? Cool.

14. henchman24

henchman24 Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2008
    Near the beginning of Empire, when the fleet drops out of hyperspace too soon....

Vader proceeds to kill the admiral, promote his successor, and give him his new orders, all taking place over the view screen.

Priceless!!

15. ObiWanJedi93

ObiWanJedi93 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 29, 2008
    Well, it is very hard to choose favorite scenes, since I love everything in all seven movies (and TV shows). But... here are meesa favorite moments:

The Phantom Menace: Attack aboard the droid control ship in the beginning, Tatooine, the Mos Espa podrace, Jedi Council, Gungan meeting, and the Battle Of Naboo
    Attack Of The Clones: Obi-Wan on Kamino, Anakin and Padme scene on Naboo, Tatooine, Battle Of Geonosis, man that battle is intense...
    Revenge Of The Sith: Battle Over Coruscant, Order 66, Battle of Utapau, Obi-Wan vs Anakin
    A New Hope: The battle on the Tantive IV/capture of Leia, Tatooine , rescuing the Princess, Obi-Wan vs Vader, and Battle of Yavin
    The Empire Strikes Back: Introduction shot of the Empire, Battle Of Hoth, Luke's training/meeting Yoda, Luke vs Vader
    Return Of The Jedi: Battle on the Dune Sea, Luke and Leia vs the Scout Troopers, Ewoks, Luke Vs Vader
    The Clone Wars: Battle Of Christophsis, AT-TE ascending the cliff on Teth, Obi-Wan Vs Ventress, Anakin Vs Dooku, Ahsoka Vs MagnaGuards

16. EmeraldBlade

EmeraldBlade Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 19, 2008
    I quite like the opera scene. Well played, with no CGI (unless you count the actual thing Palps was watching), no irritating puppets, no jar jar... And at last, an actual tale about these "Sith" that we had heard so much about.

I hear Ian had a cold on the day, which made his voice sound a little deeper. It was quite fitting.

17. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    It doesn't get much cooler than Han blowing away Greedo and then lazily walking out of the cantina like it's the most casual thing in the world.

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    As many have said, there are many cool scenes that could be named. But if I had to pick one, from a mostly visual perspective I would name the opening shot of ANH when the Star Destroyer rumbles overhead in pursuit of the Tantive. That's actually my favorite opening shot of any movie.

19. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001

I second that! =D=

20. sarlaccsaurs-rex

sarlaccsaurs-rex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    As random as it is, I like when it is playing the imperial march in ESB then shows a stardestroyer with a shadow beginning to loom over it revealing the mass of the super-stardestroyers.:eek: That scene it when we realize although the death star was destroyed it is way far from over!

Other than that when we see Princess leia wear something other than a royal dress.[face_love]

21. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002

I agree - I love that scene. I also like (and I know I'll probably be the only one to say this) the waterfall scene in AOTC, when Anakin is basically spouting forth his image of how the galaxy should work (based on the many chats he's had with Palpatine over the last ten years). And then the "it sounds an awful lot like a dictatorship to me" "well, if it works...." That gave me chills when I first saw that scene in the cinema!

22. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon

Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 17, 2000
    It made me think, "She's gonna fall in love with him and get married and have kids after THAT?" Then he played it off as a joke and I thought, "Okay, I guess I can buy that." Of course, a little while after that Anakin came back and started bragging about killing women and children, taking "What does she see in him?" to whole new level.

I hate how Padme's character devolved over the course of the PT. At 13, the age when women have a biological EXCUSE for being boy-crazy about the creepy guy with all the black leather, she's a strong leader with a good head on her shoulders. After ten more years to presumably mature further, she turns into a lovesick fool over a guy with zero charisma, and ends up dying as a pathetic variation on the battered woman stereotype. Insisting that there's still good in Anakin while refusing to find the will to live for her newborn children; what a ****.

23. Palp_Faction

Palp_Faction Force Ghost star 4

Feb 3, 2002
    Anakin wasn't bragging about slaughtering the Tuskens. He was mortified! Besides, his mother had just been tortured to death by a tribe of sickos. I'm amazed he felt any remorse at all. Most people wouldn't have done - and that's what Padme fell for.

24. aesium

aesium Jedi Master star 2

May 31, 2004
    I agree with tim about ROTJ's scene after Ackbar says his famous line.

25. Darth-Johnny-Cash

Darth-Johnny-Cash Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 26, 2009
    The love scenes in AOTC ...... just kidding they make me want to [face_sick]

Vader saving Luke always gets me whenever I see it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.