main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Coolest Video Game Villain

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Valyn, Jun 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RushinSundaws

RushinSundaws Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 23, 2005
    Sovereign from Mass Effect...lets face facts here, he or it was the real villain.

2. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I'm gonna have to go with her>>> [image=http://love.rinoaheartilly.net/ultimecia.jpg]

3. adoyidej

adoyidej Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 17, 2004
    Sephiroth...no doubt

4. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Quoted for truth.

And s/he/it was only a recon-scout. Just wait until we get about 10 million even-more-powerful Sovereigns around blowing **** up in the sequels.

5. Jon_Goodfellow

Jon_Goodfellow Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2006
    I'm truly happy that I'm not the only one who loved VIII. As much as Squall could grate at times, he was still a far more compelling character than Cloud, as were the rest of the SeeDs. And I have no shame in admitting that the ending got me a bit misty... especially when you see that brief flashback scene of Laguna proposing to Raine, and then it cuts back to him and their daughter standing over her grave. :_|

-------------------------

But I digress. I think Kain is also an excellent choice. He's my favourite video game antihero. Sure, he's a t**t, but he actually has some semi-justifiable reasons for it. :p

Go n-ithe an cat thú, is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

6. HemDazon90

HemDazon90 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2008
    you are so right greatest rpg ever

7. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    [face_plain]

8. JediJeffro

JediJeffro Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 23, 2001
    For the second time in a week, it is appropriate to mention Colonel Zeitel.

9. HemDazon90

HemDazon90 Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2008
    um jade empire hello.

10. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Umm, not even. I'm not much of an RPG lover but Mass Effect kick's Jade Empire's booty ten ways til Sunday. And even then, KOTOR beats them all hands down, being an older game and all.

11. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    As far as RPGs go Jade Empire is good, no question, but for some reason it doesn't grab you like KOTOR or Mass Effect does. At least it doesn't for me. Maybe if I got into the game more. Still, I heard good things about Suikoden, is that any good? What about one that does away with some of the emoness, ala Final Fantasy?

I'm going to go back on a comment I made earlier about Revan, would the Jedi Exile count as a villain somewhat? A lot of people certainly saw her as one.

12. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Plus, Baldur's Gate II/Planescape/etc destroy all of those games in brutal fashion. (Haven't played ME, to be fair, but I can't imagine it being better than the two I mentioned.)

13. nancyallen

nancyallen Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2007
    Ya don't get this in most games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ot93zRzZVoM#GU5U2spHI_4

14. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    I know what game it is. [face_plain]

15. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

The hell . . .?

Rogue Wookiee, what the fried elfs is that in your signature? [face_laugh]

16. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002
    I've never been able to finish Jade Empire.

And I can never replay KotOR. I want to. But I can't get past that first world. It bores the hell out of me.

I've replayed KotOR 2 a couple times, and it's always sweet.

I tried replaying Mass Effect, but I couldn't make it to the first mission before I got bored. :(

17. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Really? Taris was by far my favorite planet in KotOR for setting the atmosphere of the game and I was fairly disappointed with most of the other ones.

Anyway, favorite villains would probably be Darth Traya from KotOR II and the Progenitor Keepers from Homeworld 2 (if they count as villains, that is).

18. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

I can't really put Knights of the Old Republic or Mass Effect on different levels. Knights of the Old Republic had a much better plot, but Mass Effect had more story, much better gameplay, and just as much replay value.

19. Karyyk

Karyyk Jedi Knight

Sep 23, 2005
    [image=http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c128/Karyyk/Post/230px-DS_Golbez.jpg]

Golbez, Final Fantasy II/IV

20. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I'll vote for HK-47 in Star Wars Galaxies; the game has totally gone downhill but beating him (especially in the old days when you could beat him solo) always felt sooooooooo good. :D

21. 694377

694377 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 24, 2006
    I second that. Final Fantasy VI's Kefka is an all time great villain, bound to be one of the strongest, and one with a greater reputation. And then mama's boy had to show up... just because he has long silver hair, wears black leather, and has a large sword, he steals Kefka's crowd... (Sephiroth referance...)

[image=http://www.planetemu.net/php/articles/files/Image/Tixu/Final%20Fantasy%20VI/kefka.PNG] - One of the greatest and most memorable quotes.

[image=http://www.emperorwebrunner.com/pchat/saved/KefkaSepiroth.png] Kefka is awesome...:D:D:D

[image=http://foxyshadis.slightlydark.com/random/ff6%20-%20kefka%20gonna%20molest%20u.jpg] And we all know it!!![face_devil][face_devil][face_devil]

22. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    IG-88 in Shadows of the Empire, certainly gave the terminator a run for its money.

23. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    I'm surprised how often he ends up being used as a villain (see also SWG). When I first watched ESB, I thought he was the dorkiest lookin' of the bunch.

24. Valyn

Valyn Jedi Master star 8

Mar 2, 2002

...who?

Anyway, Taris does bore the heck out of me. It's like torture. I enjoyed it during the first time I played the game, but I can't get through it again no matter how many times I try.

As for Mass Effect...I think I can't replay it because I was trying to go over it a second time as an evil character. It just seemed more difficult to be evil in this game than in, say, KotOR II.

Being evil in KotOR 2 brought out some great reactions from the supporting cast, everyone worried about you, lecturing you, etc. It just seemed kind of real, I guess.

Maybe I'll play Mass Effect again as a good guy once more. But I don't know if I could stand hearing "Enemies everywhere!" every two seconds. [face_plain]

25. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    [image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/ATMachine/mimisc1/mi1egafac34.png]

This guy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.