main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Copper Con Display Info NEEDED

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_AZ, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Hello all,

I'm trying to figure out what we have and what we are going to have for Copper Con. If anyone is planning on bringing, props, costumes (and mannequins), collectibles, any other kind of display. Please list it here. I need this info ASAP.

Thanks,

MJA

2. Master_Duron

Master_Duron Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2002
    Whats all the details about the con?

3. TD0690

TD0690 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 4, 2002
    Well I won't be able to make it to Copper Con unless they decide to let the DSG in for free. :(

4. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    CopperCon 22 will be held at a new location this year, at the luxurious Embassy Suites Phoenix North in Phoenix, Arizona, September 6-8. The new hotel features suites for all of its accomodations, with either a single king sized bed or two doubles, plus a double sleeper sofa. Other benefits for convention attendees that stay at the hotel include complimentary made-to-order breakfasts, a nightly happy hour with free drinks, a large heated pool, microwaves and coffee makers in every room, and a separate childrens' pool. Additionally, their convention space is larger, with two floors of indoor space and a large pavilion area. All in all, the move to this new hotel looks to be a very good choice.

CopperCon 22 features Author Guest of Honor Barbara Hambly, Special Effects Guest of Honor Mojo, Artist Guest of Honor Lubov, and Music Guest Jordin Kare.
    CopperCon 22 will also have an Art Show & Auction, Gaming, Computer LAN Gaming, Charity Auction benefitting The Ronald McDonald House, Masquerade, a Dealer's Room, Con Suite, Video, Anime and more.

Special Events include Name That Byte, SciFi Jeopardy and more.

_________

I need info in order to let the CopperCon staff know what we are bringing :)

MJA

5. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    I can possibly make it Saturday. Fundage is the limiting factor.

Like TD0690 said, if they want to let us in for free if we volunteer (like at SDCC), then I can almost definitely make it.

(but if there is a part-ay in the pool/hotel rooms that night, i'll sneak out of the house and head over. [face_devil] )

6. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    No I said let the DSG in for free. I could care less if you Rebel Legion and PFF people get in. :p

Oh crap! I'm in those two groups too!! :eek:

7. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    Here's what I have. I won't be there on Saturday for certain, but I will help get things set up on Friday and take down on Sunday.

1 Mannqeuin
    Leia Costume for display
    Imperial Guard costume for display
    Force Pike and Blasters for Display
    SW CCG Cards for display
    Rebel Legion info (flyers)
    Rebel Legion banner (keep your fingers crossed on this one)
    Amidala costume for display (if finished on time)

I would be glad to keep track of anyone's stuff who won't be able to go to CopperCon but would like to donate their items for display only. I need to talk to Kreleia as she had mentioned someone had a few PVC mannqeuins for us to use.

Who else can provide what? Obey, what's the word on getting the Fan Force banner back in time for CopperCon?

MJA

8. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    I'm sure you all know my Sat. speel by now.

I can probably do Sunday! I'll know in a week or two as I see what funds I have coming to me.

Count me in for a party though! :D

9. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    MJA, I could donate my Luke Lightsaber for display if it's needed and if you keep a really close eye on it. :D

10. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    Thanks TD0690 That would be awesome. I promise to take excellent care of it.

MJA

11. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    I'll have to find a time that I can give it to you. You probably won't need the blade, huh?

I'm holding you personally responsible! But I know it'll be in good hands. Just remember how much a Parks Saber costs! ;)

12. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    I can try and get the banner back in time. This is the weekend after DCon, right?

13. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    Yes the weekend after. I am trying to get the LFL friendly banner from the Rebel Legion ATM which they are going to use at Dragon Con as well.

MJA

14. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    If I can't make it, I'll donate my costume for display.

...and still make it to the pool party Sat night. :D

15. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    I am leaving for Mexico on Sunday so I wont be able to make it. However, I will make sure that the banner frame will make it there. :)

16. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    Also! I just got a quote on a silk screen mural from a company that does commercial signs/banners. I was thinking we could possibly do a Tatooine backdrop maybe 6'X6' for use by both the Jundland Outpost and the PFF. They are quoting me $6 per square foot. For a 6X6 that's $216.

What do you guys think?

MJA

17. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    Just let me know and I can make a new frame.

18. TD0690

Feb 4, 2002
    for use by both the Jundland Outpost and the PFF

What about using it for your fellow 501st too? ;)

19. JediHunterAlpha

JediHunterAlpha Jedi Youngling star 1

May 23, 2002
    I know that Lordparsec and i will be there (atleast on saturday) with our sith costumes on, as well as video camera in hand for the movie (though we promised our selves to not make a 4 tape event of copper con, but to enjoy it)

20. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    It's official. I am getting the Rebel Legion banner sent to me directly after Dragon Con so we will have it for Copper Con. YAY!
    Also, Obey, I will be going to the Copper Con meeting on Sunday so I will check to see if there's the volunteering/get in type of deal like there was at SDCC. The guy I've been talking with helped coordinate some of the volunteering at SDCC and got to work with some of our group while there. So there is a possibility. I will see what I can find out.

MJA

21. aztrooper0013

aztrooper0013 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    Greetings,

TD0690: They are giving us the space our booths will be occupying for free.

In fact, they are giving all of us an entire room to display our stuff. The convetion staff has really bent over backwards to accomidate the 501st, and I want to let their kindness flow to the rest of the SW fan clubs in the state.

They will be having Day Passes, which will be around $20 if I remember correctly. I fought for these to be brought back, and they have been. (Yes, I wish they were cheaper, but hey...) You could always volunteer to work the Con and they may offer a comped badge.

As far as the banner backdrop being shared by the 501st, we won't need it, as we have something special planned. Something decidedly "Imperial". (Which has been mentioned recently in the DSG email lists and at the PFF meeting last weekend.)

But then, if you made the meetings or read your email, you'd know all this! ;)

$20 isn't a lot in the long run, and I'm in the same boat many of you are in, but I'm doing it regardless because I think we could all have a really good time at this thing. Plus, I'll have to buy a three day pass because I'll be manning the DSG area most of the time, as well as setting it up on Friday, and breaking it all down on Sunday.

Oh yeah...If anyone has a really good computer (Desktop or Laptop)they'd be willing to drag along to the con, contact me. (We'll need at least two)I have an idea for another activity at the Con.

Email me at:
    TD0013@cox.net

22. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    If you want it displayed, the Tantive IV could make another trip out of mothballs. I will also bring my best spare lightsabers for diplay, and perhaps some of my autographed stuff from Comic Con.

23. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    Moe that would be awesome!!! Definitely.

MJA

24. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    I was thinking of doing some mods on the frame. I will try to put some hooks and stuff on it. That way we can hang the lightsabers from it and not worry about them getting stolen. I am sure TD would appreciate that.

25. Obey Wann

Jan 14, 2000
    Excellent idea, MD!!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.