main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Copper Con Display Info NEEDED

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Mara_Jade_AZ, Aug 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Yeah, we need him to be there for pool tossing and other merry making.

2. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    After we throw him in, we can have a cannon-ball contest! YIPPEEE!

3. aztrooper0013

aztrooper0013 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 27, 2002
    Yes, that does indeed stink. Bummer deal, TD-0690.

4. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Okay,

Just got off the phone with Chris Campbell the guy in charge of volunteers at Copper Con. The good news is we were finally able to touch base. The bad news is this:

Volunteering for the con means 12 volunteer hours in order to get the staff discount which is $20 for the three days of the con instead of the $40 at the door. I asked about just volunteering for one day worth of admission and he said that it was something he couldn't do at this time. As he told me these weren't his rules, these were the con rules and mentioned that as he gets more involved in future cons he will try to get some of these volunteer rules changed. On the plus side, your 12 hours of volunteer time at this con, get you in for free at next year's con.

I wish there were something more I could do at this time, but barring a change in volunteer rules this is the setup. If anyone would like to volunteer for the staff discount let me know by tomorrow as I told Chris I would be calling him tomorrow night.

My suggestion is, spend the 20 for a Saturday only pass and enjoy the con if you can. It works out better I think.

As for myself, this means that neither RedRoyalCynic nor I can go. I will be there Friday at the blood mobile, not the con, to help there as promised and at the hotel room if we decide to hold a Princess Bride viewing afterall. Kevin, I will likely give Kristie my props...etc for set up so she will have those as well as the Rebel Legion banner which came in the mail, YAY! Kristie, let me know if this is cool with you. Also you will be the contact person for RL since I won't be there. Klaus and I do plan on going to the party at Greedo's then coming back to the hotel Saturday night for the pool party. So we won't miss out on that! :)

Please let me know if there are any questions or if any of you still want to sign up for volunteering.

MJA

5. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    Copper Con Masquerade info! For those of you that will be there on Saturday. They are planning on doing a really neat skit during the masquerade half time. It's Star Wars themed of course and is set up like a "dating game". They need someone to play the bachelorette and someone to play Luke. Any volunteers for either?
    I thought maybe the queen or Rachel would like to be the bachelorette. :) LP, you could so do Luke :) Let me know ASAP!! I need to call the masquerade director tonight.

MJA

6. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Well that's pretty darn greedy of them!

Now that just kills my plans as my budget is strained as it is.

Sorry all, but this puts me out.

Maybe we should have a 'I'm to broke for CopperCon' BBQ on Sunday. :p

7. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    OH crap! That sucks!! What will we do without you MJA and Diesel?!! :_|

8. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    I could do the bachelorette thing if you want...what time will that be at?

Also is there a script or something...I may not be too good at thinking up things under pressure and on the fly...if not, I'll just wing it I suppose!

9. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    The masquerade starts at 7:00 Saturday evening and the skit will take place during the half time portion. I will let Joanne know you're willing to play the bachelorette :) PM me your email so I can send you a copy of the script.

MJA

10. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    Email me at MakaysMommy@aol.com

Hey, what time does the buffet at Darth Greedo's start? I promised I'd be there.

11. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    We scheduled it for 9:00pm that way there's time for the masquerade to wrap up and everyone to head over to Greedo's in time to eat. Yum!

MJA

12. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    JKW I just emailed you the script.

MJA

13. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    SWEEEET! It's a go then, I'll be the bachelorette! :D Anything for the Princess.

Edit= Thanks

Edit #2= Got it, I'll read it when I get home. Thanks MJA!!

14. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    Erg. I hate confusing people! ;) It looks like Klaus and I will be able to make it. Keep your fingers crossed. Rachel, if you could still be on standby for that role that would be awesome just in case I can't make it afterall.

I'm starting to go nuts with this, yes we can, no we can't, yes we can, no we can't! AGH! :)

MJA

15. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    Cool! Let me know whether or not you need me! That script is HYSTERICAL!! If you don't want to do it, I certainly will!! I was snorting with laughter!!

I feel the need to be the bachelorette now!! :D

But you have first dibs... ;)

[face_laugh]

I hope you and Klaus will be there.

16. Darth_Greedo

Darth_Greedo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 15, 2002
    If you look at the thread I made you will be able to find all the info for the BBQ

17. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    MJAZ, is there any way to still order tickets before I get to the door?

18. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Awww... :( their volunteering stuff stinks! :_|

I'll see what I can do about coming to the BBQ on Saturday, though. :)

19. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    If someone would be willing to purchase a Saturday pass in advance for me (if that's even possible) I would greatly appreciate it and pay you back when I arrive Saturday morning.

Is that possible?

20. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Hey MJA !!!

What time does stuff start on friday ? I can be there from the very beginning so what time should I show ?

21. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    Well I don't know :) We were planning on being there very early to set up. Let me make a call and find out.

MJA

Edit: Darn limit!

22. VoidDancer

Feb 13, 2002
    Let me know and I'll be there to help you out.

23. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jun 30, 2002
    I won't be there till Friday night, but I'll help out anyway I can MJA!!

24. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    Reposted from above: Is there any way I can still order tickets before I get to the door?

25. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mar 8, 2002
    Waiting for a call back. Will have that info shortly.

Update: Just got the call back. Apparently the lady doing pre-reg (and there is only one! Poor lass!) is still trying to catch up from all the pre-reg she received. I was told, however that the line early Saturday morning shouldn't be very long. Remember this is a fairly small con. Nothing compared to the lines at Comic Con.

The best I can do for you guys is for those of you planning on being there Friday night at the hotel for the Blood Drive and the Princess Bride showing, I could try to arrange for you to get your tickets for Saturday. I won't know that til Friday morning though.

I know Kevin and I plan on attending the follow up committee meetings for the Con to share ideas and make suggestions on how to improve this con for next year. So any suggestions are welcome. In fact if PFF wants to appoint a liason for this as well, I think this would be a super idea.

MJA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.